PDA

View Full Version : FB Ads! Can Anyone Help

Phillip Dews
10-14-2010, 07:02 AM
Hi Guys,
I was wondering if anyone can help? I recently invested in FB Siphon and decided to put it into action 3 days ago! anyway I set up a campaign on FB with a daily budget of £50 and bids varying between .56p and .78p

On that campaign I set up 3 ads, 1 for my subscriber page where am giving away 4 ebooks (2 of which are my own) and a free 10+ video training series. and the other 2 ads are clickbank products for the games Farmville and mafiawars!

I had 158 Clicks and spent £64.20 on that but only gained 1 subscriber in my aweber account. and on my 2 CB ads I spent £88.30 got a load of clicks but only made $11.04 after selling just 1.

Put simply I have spent £152.50 in 3 days and gined 1 subscriber for my IM list in aweber and made $11.04 in commissions! I have paused all my ads as I don't want to be wasting anymore money!

However I don't want to give up on this making money from FB ads. Yes I am new to this and never really made any money off the internet yet. I suppose that what I am asking for is any tips and advice on how to carry on with this and instead of seeing a loss, start seeing a profit!

even better can any of you guys recommend a product I can promote on FB ads and who should I target them for! At the moment I do work full time and that money I have lost I will have to work 3 days for but am determined to succeed at this! Thanks for your help guys!

-Phillip Dews :(

kcolgan
10-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Hello Phillip

I don't know if this can help but if your product is related to the IM niche you might want to run a wso on the warrior forum instead of buying FB ads without success whatsoever...

Cost $40 and you'll get a lot more exposure. You can offer your product for free if you are looking to build your list.(your product have to be unique)

A lot of IM guru have started this way...

A little bit offtopic but anyways

smplylvn
10-15-2010, 11:34 AM
I agree with Karen and you should look into listing your product on the Warrior Forum in the special offers thread. You will get exposure to people who are looking in other words hungry buyers.

spode
10-19-2010, 08:57 AM
I am with you Philip. I have lost alot of loot on Facebook ads. On several occasions, I have found search engine PPC to be cheaper than Facebook. The only ad I actually broke even on was promoting a smart phone product and targeted smart phone users. I narrowed the exposure down to 30,000 people and marketed the ad with CPM rather than PPC. I was able to get .10 per 1000, got 458 clicks, added 200 to my mailer and made 2 sales for a total of $67. I spent $70 on the ad campaign itself so just about broke even. However, the 200 people added to my Aweber is money in the bank for months to come.

I use buysellads.com quite a bit. This is a website where you can buy ad space very affordable and it runs for 30 days. It is not that hard to find a niche blog that has 100K pageviews/month and buy a 250X250 ad for $20. Making just 1 sale pays for the ad and any sale after that is profit.

Best of luck,
Spode

farfrombrooklyn
10-21-2010, 11:00 AM
I am with you Philip. I have lost alot of loot on Facebook ads. On several occasions, I have found search engine PPC to be cheaper than Facebook. The only ad I actually broke even on was promoting a smart phone product and targeted smart phone users. I narrowed the exposure down to 30,000 people and marketed the ad with CPM rather than PPC. I was able to get .10 per 1000, got 458 clicks, added 200 to my mailer and made 2 sales for a total of $67. I spent $70 on the ad campaign itself so just about broke even. However, the 200 people added to my Aweber is money in the bank for months to come.

I use buysellads.com quite a bit. This is a website where you can buy ad space very affordable and it runs for 30 days. It is not that hard to find a niche blog that has 100K pageviews/month and buy a 250X250 ad for $20. Making just 1 sale pays for the ad and any sale after that is profit.

Best of luck,
Spode

Everyone is right on. Suggesting you look in different directions is the right way to go. The gap is too large... The product/venue match is key and finding what works, akin to panning for gold.

Look at it more as a test then anything else. You've got all the basic pieces coming together and you went out on the track for a spin.

FB is no easy track.

Cheers, Sergio.

Misako
10-23-2010, 12:01 PM
Forums is defiitely the way to go with regards to the IM niche.

Oded Abbou
10-27-2010, 11:49 AM
@farfrombrooklyn- Can't agree with you more! Facebook ads are defiantly not an easy track...

But still, in some niches facebook ads can discover some gold nuggets.

Oded

duncanmacgibbon
10-27-2010, 02:01 PM
Phillip, Ive also tried FB ads in the past, and if you dont make a good targeting with your ads you will probably lose more money. Its not an easy task. WTB Ive also bought the FB Siphon product and let me tell you that it only shows 10% of what you can do with FB ads.

Aira
10-28-2010, 08:11 AM
Hi Phillip,

You should be doing wrong in one of the following:
1. Narrowing down the FB market
2. The structure of your ad.

You see, investing in paid traffic such as that of Facebook will require testing. You have to test your ads in different markets to see which one work. A good software I use to help me with this is Facebook Ad Manager. With this, I was able to run ads in different market segments and formats. This helps me to determine which one works and which one doesn't. In fact, it is best to start with around 200 ads.

So as you can see, it really does require more time and money to really know how the traffic will convert. If your budget is low, you can set $10-50 a day limits. As a rule, I don't stop testing until I have around 300 clicks. But to get to that, it will take more time and money on my part but it will be worth it once I tested the traffic. Because from there, I will know how it converts. At the beginning, I may break even, then I will work it up from there.

I can liken this process to exploring new places. You have to get to know how to get around before you can actually learn how to get to where you are going.

Best of luck in your endeavors,

Aira

John Wagner
10-30-2010, 10:15 AM
Random testing with no real idea of what will work and what to avoid is a recipe for disaster, i.e. losing money. Targeted keywords and good ad copy works with PPC and can work with FB. Risking $50 a day with FB ads and not knowing what you are doing is risking $1500 a month. There are many free ways to drive traffic available if you are willing to take the time to learn them. Trail and error learning (random "testing" of ads) has been proven to be the slowest and least efficient method of learning of them all. I for one am not going to jump into the shark tank unless I at least know how to swim...

tpspress
11-03-2010, 12:14 PM
I just like to say I agree with you if you don't know how to swim don't jump in and that's why I here to learn for the best so I can swim a little too.

Glen Kirkham
11-05-2010, 11:09 PM
Try Changing the country your FB ads are targeting... Like Jani says in FB Siphon, If you can crack another, under utilized country, FB ads can be massively profitable.

nitroweb
11-12-2010, 03:03 AM
Hey Phillip ,

Get on with the never fail spirit !

I am cpa marketer with a focus on media buying.

The first rule of thumb:
Don't figure out what to sell... Observe the ads which keep on running on face book - see the patterns - See the niche .
If you can put around 3-4 hours doing this exercise.. You will have a very clear idea on what works offers work on facebook .

Generic offers work very well on Facebook : Dating , Gaming , Weight loss (tough) and so forth.

Second Rule :
Obviously you are doing something right because you made a sale.. It's never that 100% of what you did failed....A percentage of it failed.

Split test your ads and your facebook targeting.
See which ads convert better and which targeting is giving you the best result.
Close what is not working .. and go with what is working.

Thirdly
If you are new i would suggest eliminate USA from your Geotargeting becuase of the high bid prices.

Most of the you sales after USA will come from the following countries

Canada
UK
Australia
New Zealand

English speaking countries like Singapore also do in IM niche.

Kind Regards
Tejinder

Keith Blackburn
11-12-2010, 05:09 AM
Phew - I'm glad I read this thread...I was about to dive into FB ads with eyes wide shut ::)

Thanks to the OP and responders for probably saving me from wasting scarce cash ;)

Cheers - Keith