PDA

View Full Version : Must Know Joint Venture Tip To Get BIG "GURUS"

Emilis Strimaitis
10-14-2010, 04:58 AM
When I contact another business about a JV, the first thing I do is ask myself,
“What are they looking for?” – and it’s NOT always just money, believe it or not…

Then I make the first contact by simply asking them “Where should I send a
proposal?”, or, “Would you consider promoting a course about ________ if
it benefited your clients?” This works just as effectively for individual prospects
as it does for huge corporations. It will generate a response almost every time,
and it makes you seem more familiar and legitimate to them.

In fact, this “two step” approach (intro letter, followed by actual proposal on
request) will literally multiply your response rate – and as a result, your profits….

They’ll also be expecting - and possibly even anticipating - your proposal (instead
of just getting it jammed into their inbox / mailbox without warning, like 99% of
proposals that people get).

Then, after I get a response (such as “I’m interested”, or, “Send your proposal
to______”), I construct a highly personalized and SIMPLE proposal that caters
directly to my prospect’s wants, desires and values.

Never, ever use a “template” proposal. They’re all complete garbage. Your
proposal is what will “make or break” any given JV deal, and it has to be based
on your current level of rapport, and it has to portray your offer as effectively as possible. The more personal, the better – but you can only be as personal as
your current relationship “allows”. ;D

tehnolife
10-14-2010, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the great tips...you are perfectly right!

paul@SimpleOnlineIncome.c
10-14-2010, 05:55 PM
Your advice it most helpful and timely. I am in the process of completing my IM course and I would like to gain the support of fellow IMers to offer it to their clients. I concur with your approach
Thanks, Paul

kcolgan
10-14-2010, 10:06 PM
Yeah very useful and I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one who is posting here!

Pretty quiet here

Glen Kirkham
10-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Awesome

I bet their inboxs get flooded with proposals... A little personalization will help you stand out :-)

James Foster
10-15-2010, 10:45 AM
I bet their inboxs get flooded with proposals... A little personalization will help you stand out :-)

As a former JV manager, I can tell you - you're right.

Big to mid-sided marketers get flooded with JV requests all the time.

So just as important as an offer that sticks out, is a subject line that sticks out.

Did anyone else watch the videos from List Control Live where Frank talked about the guy from PPC Ninja (I think) sent Frank and Trey emails with subject lines like "REEFER" ... who's not going to open that? The curiosity factor is pretty high , I'm pretty straight laced and I'd open that in a heartbeat.

Mike Merz
10-15-2010, 12:15 PM
A lot of great tips here ... and I'd never want to dissuade anyone from trying to better themselves, but ...

When it comes down to it, you have to have your own house in order before 'chasing the Gurus'.

Wasting your time trying to break into the 'Big Boy Club', rather than working on what you have to offer once you do make contact ... is like buying lottery tickets and waiting for the big payoff. Sure, you can use systems to better your odds, but you're still better off working on building your business, doing JVs with partners at your level or slightly above that you don't have to chase, raise each other's game through leverage and ascend to bigger partners as your business grows. Once you have the associations, credibility and the fire power to sell as well as the bigger partners, go all out and make an impression as a JV partner on one of their launches. Whether you break through or not won't matter, as eventually you'll raise your game enough to compete with them and trust me ... they'll start to notice.

2 additional ways to get noticed while you're building your chops is to contact their JV/affiliate manager with a question or 2 here and there and slowly build a relationship with them over time. You may also look at the crowd a 'Guru' travels with, find those that are around your level and try to create and nurture a JV relationship with them ... when the time is right, ask for an intro. ;)

BTW ... I brokered Mass Control for Frank, and regardless of whether or not he was impressed by Christian's 'subject', the latter had already proved himself as a Guru league affiliate promoter. Frank didn't take all that much of a chance. ;)

Cheers,

Mike

KPSoftware
10-24-2010, 07:40 AM
I never even read most JV proposals as 99% of the email subject titles look like spam. The creative ones always get read.

toriola1
10-26-2010, 10:15 AM
Thanks for your tips, Emilis

AshleyGough
10-26-2010, 12:13 PM
I was interested in what Mike said about talking with that persons affiliate manager,
they are indeed the 'gate keeper' and if you can develop good rapport with them it
can certainly help you with your JV's.

On the topic of creative subject lines, it would be good to perhaps discuss further the
lines between creative and unprofessional. While a creative subject line will potentially
get you more opens you don't want to take that too far and potentially ruin your chances.

Len Wright
10-26-2010, 01:37 PM
Great thread here...

This is my first post here as I am a newbie to this forum but not of JV's ;D

I have to say that Mike's comments are invaluable.

I've found that building a relationship with that gate keeper is crucial to your ongoing sucess with not only getting noticed but also getting your proposal accepted. The strength of that relationship ensures that your partnership can live on way longer than just "doing a JV", plus it's just a lot more fun :D It is a step that many forget but can be as simple as what Mike suggested.

Recieving an email from someone that you know, trust and look forward to hearing from is the easiest way to get an email opened and action taken.

Take the time and focus on building solid relationships where you are thinking of the others needs and truly being of value and you end up getting referred into other gate keepers that are hard to get into normally. To have others pave your way in is a wonderful thing indeed ;D

I found the book, "The Go-Giver" an enjoyable read that illustrates this very point.

My two cents, lol. Hope it helped...

Peace

Oded Abbou
10-27-2010, 12:01 PM
Great Tip Emilis!

Most product owners/launchers have the same problem- they don't thing about the JV'S benefits (and it's not all about the money rather than real value)... because smart JV's aren't thinking about their lists as a "cash machine".

Aira
10-28-2010, 08:20 AM
This is a really great post Emilis,

I think a common problem among people looking to send in JV proposals is that they send it without warning. Your technique is simple yet very effective. With that, your email is also expected so it will have a higher open rate.

Way to go.

Aira