PDA

View Full Version : Beginner questions

tblrg
08-21-2010, 07:33 PM
Hello Everyone,

As a part of consulting gigs, we currently sell continued products such as monthly Journals and other CD/DVD, Best Practices, Workbook products. We now want to move the sales process online through JV and make them available to non-consulting clients.

For starters, do we need any software/tools for working with potential JV partners - lead capture, download and payment (we use 3rd party gateway currently)? What do I need for landing page video and sign-up form? How do I get fancier landing pages done?

We have Premier Pro (for video production), InDesign (journal), Joomla.

Thank you,
Raj

Emilis Strimaitis
08-22-2010, 01:54 AM
Heya,

I would recommend not to go for expensive tools right away (like Adobe Dreamviewer, or Photoshop) right at the start, but instead choose free (or cheap) alternatives. If you spend little more time on them you'll get same results like with professional tools.

If you want good free flash player for your webpage videos I recommend FlowPlayer. For sign up form you can use Aweber (it's cheap, for first month just $1, later on you will be charged $19 and depending how big your list is), or you can autoresponder script on your webserver.

Don't be afraid to start smaller and than expand later! :)

Drew Castle
08-23-2010, 07:29 PM
You can also get that stuff outsourced for relatively cheap

Lovina
08-25-2010, 02:31 AM
Hello,

Affiliate software is essentials if you want to host your affiliate JV in your server. The 1shoppingcart is recommended but it a little bit costly.

If you choose to list your product at affiliate network, it will easier for a beginning.

Thanks

Leno Thio

candres79
08-25-2010, 01:27 PM
A fairly inexpensive affiliate software that has worked for me is JROX.

If you are interested in having some good looking landing and squeeze pages let me know.
I am a designer and could do this for you at a really good price if you are interested.

Just throwing it out there...anyways if you are interrested pm me.

tblrg
08-27-2010, 11:02 PM
Thank you for the pointers. I am learning a lot here. Awesome!

giorgio79
08-29-2010, 01:09 AM
If you plan to go for a premium mailing, Mike himself gives some really good tips for software here (for merchants using Clickbank)
http://www.jvnotifypro.com/community/index.php/topic,424.0.html

These are easyclickmate and aweber.

For payment processing, you mentioned you use Joomla, which has some nice Clickbank plugins as well, but I also recommend the Clickbank module for Drupal here: http://drupal.org/project/clickbank_ipn

Good luck

rmartin33
09-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Try Guru, Elance, Scriptlance, Or Rentacoder for design outsourcing of optin pages. For split testing, try the Google Optimizer tool.

tajinder
09-13-2010, 09:50 AM
you can use video landing pages such as hot video squeeze product.they are the the video templates that most marketers use.it's not that hard to open the file into html editor software and edit yourself.

i prefer edit myself because i like to learn new things.and seriously i have no coding experience because i am not a web designer.i just learned through try an error method and eventually you will be good at it after doing it a few times.

Nick Sharp
09-20-2010, 02:20 AM
For JVs you don't really need tools - you need their ear, you need data (conversion #s, sales potential, etc.) - and if you can create content for them they'd want to use (adding to their product for free) or create sales for them NOW, that's good, too.

Tools are secondary.