PDA

View Full Version : What would you want as a prize?

Jv4you
08-19-2010, 04:30 PM
I am soon to be launching a product on Clickbank and want to run a contest for the first 30 days. With one winners prize and one runner up prize.

I want this to be rewarded to the best affiliates.

Though it will be under terms that there is enough money made in the first 60 day period.

What would you want to win?

Secondly.. Is there a better way to get more affiliates than offering a prize to best affiliate?

Emilis Strimaitis
08-19-2010, 05:18 PM
There were made lots of polls and it's been voted that cash is best JV contest prize, because not everyone needs laptops, exotic trips or pool tables, cash is universal :)

I would want to win cash.

Secondly.. Is there a better way to get more affiliates than offering a prize to best affiliate?

You can get more affiliates by offering good affiliate tools page, great commission and support.

Taylor Winfield
08-19-2010, 06:03 PM
Cash is probably the best prize, or a kick ass holiday as a nice celebration ;)

charleskirkland
08-20-2010, 12:05 AM
Gifts work best because it is not always about the money. I won a 40" TV from
jeff hershey with his last launch. It sits in my office and everytime I walk by I smile.

Plus its cool to tell friends and family that I won it.

Give gifts.

Charles

Eddy Croft
08-20-2010, 08:09 AM
The glitz and glamor that go with an island holiday, or a nice shiny car can easily out way the desire for a cash bonus. In saying that though, I would offer both to cater for all.

rmartin33
08-21-2010, 09:05 AM
Ipads are very hot this year, seem to be a lot of competition for offers that have them as prizes. Cash is great too, as has been mentioned multiple times above. I'd personally prefer a vacation prize though...

Emilis Strimaitis
08-21-2010, 03:50 PM
Vacation is great prize, but not everyone will be able to travel if they will win. What I mean that not everyone will have time, or others just don't like to travel. If you are choosing vacation as prize think about exit plan too, what you will do if person wants to pass on it.

Drew Castle
08-23-2010, 07:27 PM
Cash, iPad, iPod, video cameras, vacation packages

Justin Lee
08-24-2010, 05:04 PM
If you're giving away prizes, I suggest always having 2 prizes per tier.

In other words, 1st place can choose between A or B
2nd place can choose between C or D

(and so on).

Also, a lot of the real estate launches that I participate in, they always give you the option to take "cash value", so having prizes is cool and you can STILL give people cash.

giorgio79
08-26-2010, 03:38 PM
One of the CPA networks recently ran a contest where they offered the top x number a day in the Playboy mansion! Quite original, although may offend some.

abbesnetwork
08-27-2010, 07:36 AM
I belive that money is money and nothing compare to money ;). I would want money...and i'll buy then cars, i-gadgets, playboy party....

Thanks ;)

Razvan

Karim Pearson
08-29-2010, 04:21 AM
I think you can't go wrong with cash, but everyone has different interests. For example, I'd think if your product is aimed at internet marketers, a brand new laptop with all the bells and whistles would always come in handy. I agree though it's a good idea to have tiered prizes, where different prizes are awarded based on the number of sales.

Dan B
08-31-2010, 08:14 AM
I would say go with PRIZES - I recently won a pair of binoculors, I was waaaay over excited about this, and then I was gutted when the shipping to the UK was more than the cost of the binoculors so they wouldn't send them (understandable). So they sent me the money into Paypal instead... I think... I never even checked, I couldnt care less about the $60 or $100 or whatever it was, but the binoculors were just something different :P

Alan Ward
11-30-2010, 11:46 AM
I'd take the cash value of the prize + the cash value of shipping ... LOL!

Dwayne K
12-02-2010, 12:48 AM
Try a hug and see how that works :o

Manish Singh
12-02-2010, 02:38 AM
All time favorite : $$$ (cash) - accept cheques too ;D