PDA

View Full Version : Prelaunching a new product

abbesnetwork
08-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Hi folks!

Can someone WHO KNOWS tell us witch are the best techniques to prelaunch a product?

Lists, forums... let's share from experience.

Todd Lamb
08-07-2010, 10:38 PM
I am guessing what you are talking about is creating some type of buzz around the product before an actual launch? The prelaunch is usually conducted with the JV's you have worked to cultivate.

abbesnetwork
08-08-2010, 03:54 PM
yes, i know that JV is the best but..as you said..."the buzz"

AdamBaf
08-09-2010, 12:03 AM
The buzz is just referring to the amount of people talking about the product. There a MANY ways to create the buzz, but it's best if you have a list, and are giving those on your list a little heads up that it's coming without giving away TOO much. And, if you had the emails written already that your jvs could just swipe to send to their list too. This way you'd have as many people as possible aware that something is coming. What your product is about and solves on of their problems to build up their anticipation for the launch day. And, WHAM! you start off running in stead of just putting an offer on the internet hoping that people will find you and buy.

I hope that helps.

Michael Blair
08-09-2010, 04:18 AM
I dont know what niche your in but launches work best in the Internet Marketing niche and it has to be a great product for anyone to get excited about it and create buzz.

The best way is to visit forums like you're doing and try to partner up with people. You need to have prelauch emails ready for your JV partners to send to their list.

abbesnetwork
08-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Very useful. Thak a lot

The buzz is just referring to the amount of people talking about the product. There a MANY ways to create the buzz, but it's best if you have a list, and are giving those on your list a little heads up that it's coming without giving away TOO much. And, if you had the emails written already that your jvs could just swipe to send to their list too. This way you'd have as many people as possible aware that something is coming. What your product is about and solves on of their problems to build up their anticipation for the launch day. And, WHAM! you start off running in stead of just putting an offer on the internet hoping that people will find you and buy.

I hope that helps.

steve adams
08-17-2010, 10:01 PM
Do what some of the guys around do. Sending a launch mailing to your list after you've let them know it's coming, but have the link take them to a page that says it's sold out(don't worry you will sell to them a day or 2 later).

This can actually get the person talking about it at work or to friends or family(when have you not known a disappointing moment in someones life not to be drawn out into a story?)

Picture the customer saying something like "I went to buy this product, guide or course and it was sold out" to someone and of course the conversation begins when the person their talking to says "what the hell's that?"

After this just send a blast that says you've "re-opened" the download page due to "high ass demand" or whatever you wish to say ;D

steve adams
08-17-2010, 10:06 PM
About my previous post

Also if your thinking that having a link to a page that says it's sold out may be off-putting to your list, think about how they will perceive your product when they think that the whole world has bought it! WOW JEEZ it must be good! lol :D

Emilis Strimaitis
08-18-2010, 08:48 AM
The best way to make a prelaunch is to make a prelaunch for prelaunch (a pre-prelaunch).

Prelaunches always works best if you already have a list (if you don't have a list, don't worry, you can always find partners that are willing to do business with you).

From my experience you should start softly promote your product way before you are planning to do a launch. Send your list a quick email that you are making "something good". This will start a small buzz, people will know that you are up to something. After some time you can give them few pieces of puzzle, give them more details about what you are making, until the whole puzzle is revealed that means, when you enter prelaunch stage.

On prelaunch people will know exactly what your product is about. Prelaunch is mainly bunch of emails reminding when the launch is and giving the free stuff out (video training works best in from my experience).

This is just a rough prelaunch concept that I used for my launches. Those launches were off internet marketing niche, but I guess you can use this concept for any niche, you just need to change the angle a bit ;)

abbesnetwork
08-18-2010, 03:17 PM
very interesting... thanks

the main issue is to promote to other's list :))

Taylor Winfield
08-18-2010, 04:57 PM
Another good technique for pre-launching is to start a buzz about your product in some of the internet marketing forums online. Not this one for obvious reasons though :D

abbesnetwork
08-27-2010, 07:32 AM
Thank you a lot...