PDA

View Full Version : Celebrate your successes INCLUDING your financial successes…

Rob Toth
08-01-2010, 09:39 PM
I posted and emailed out an article that I think, in this forum, is very applicable.

My July sales were NOT based on a launch, but obviously if you build a successful launch, this can apply to you too.

-----------------
"Celebrate your successes INCLUDING your financial successes…"

It’s August 1st today.

I just closed out July 2010 as my best personal income month to date. I made more cash-in-hand spendable money (ie: net income, not gross sales) this past July then I used to make back in my job days working a full time AND a part-time job in a YEAR.

Process that: more in one month of work, then I used to make working roughly 55 hours per week as an employee for a year.

And I just finished 6 hours of ramping up a gameplan for this August to even surpass that…

This is all moving me towards the “$100k NET In September” goal that I set here:
http://www.robthegenietoth.com/100k-in-30-days-rob-toth-birthday-goal

I see this past July as a personal success.

I achieved and surpassed a goal.

And I put in a lot of hours and work to make that happen.

I WORKED for it and I accomplished my goal…

Yet there are probably even some readers of this article, RIGHT NOW, who see the above as bragging or showing off or just otherwise rude and taboo.

It seems, to some, I’m not allowed to celebrate the results of my skill-set which happens to be marketing and sales strategy.

To some, we’re just not allowed to celebrate business and monetary successes.

And here’s my hang-up about all this…

I spent some time with friends this weekend and through conversations I mentioned this accomplishment. I got smiles and nods but only one or 2 “good for you” or “congratulations” (which was nice to hear). I also got 1 friend saying “that’s nice, why are you telling me this?” and another saying “do me a favor and next time you have a ‘record month’ don’t tell me about it”.

Huh??

Those last 2 replies surprised me.

One of them is a guy who is built like a warrior out of the movie 300, and wins mixed martial arts fights regularly and excitedly announces every win. Well, I”D like to do that!!

The other is from a gorgeous girl friend who wins probably half of every swim-suit and bikini type competitions she enters (she’s been in dozens!!). And she quickly sends me a text to announce each win.

Well, as someone who just a year ago took up boxing… I sure wouldn’t mind knowing that I’m winning fights left right and center. But I’m not. Not yet.

And as a male, I certainly wouldn’t mind having a room full of women whistling and voting for me (though, hopefully not in a BIKINI competition). ;-)

So why is financial success taboo??

Unless I’m talking to mover-and-shaker entrepreneur friends, talking about numbers is a no no.

And I completely disagree with it.

Namely because I believe you should celebrate ALL of your successes.

Whether you’re winning fights or in other sports, or swim suit competitions or writing contests or poker tournaments … if you know you worked hard for it and you achieved a goal, enjoy it.

I almost let a couple of friends make me feel BAD about hitting my goal and a new milestone (top net inc*ome month). That would have been ridiculous! I’m glad I caught myself so I wanted to write this and remind YOU to enjoy YOUR successes … even if they are financial/business related.

And surround yourself with other peers who can help you celebrate. Always keep building your mastermind.

Laurie Rogers
08-01-2010, 09:55 PM
I'll tell you what I've learned from that Rob, you're always going to have your cheering section and you're always going to have your nay-sayers, doesn't matter, good friends or not. When I talked to my friends about making $1,000 a day they would freak out, some were happy, some were mad. When I talked to my friends about making $5,000 a day, less and less were happy and so on. The reality is, if a person doesn't have a lot of financial success, they don't really understand the concept of celebrating that success and therefore they don't understand why you're so excited about it (either that or jealousy and envy). And well, people general have their own views of what success is, be it financial, educational etc.

Anyway, "brag on" lol

dougp
08-02-2010, 10:58 AM
I posted and emailed out an article that I think, in this forum, is very applicable.

My July sales were NOT based on a launch, but obviously if you build a successful launch, this can apply to you too.

-----------------
"Celebrate your successes INCLUDING your financial successes…"

It’s August 1st today.

I just closed out July 2010 as my best personal income month to date. I made more cash-in-hand spendable money (ie: net income, not gross sales) this past July then I used to make back in my job days working a full time AND a part-time job in a YEAR.

Process that: more in one month of work, then I used to make working roughly 55 hours per week as an employee for a year.

And I just finished 6 hours of ramping up a gameplan for this August to even surpass that…

This is all moving me towards the “$100k NET In September” goal that I set here:
http://www.robthegenietoth.com/100k-in-30-days-rob-toth-birthday-goal

I see this past July as a personal success.

I achieved and surpassed a goal.

And I put in a lot of hours and work to make that happen.

I WORKED for it and I accomplished my goal…

Yet there are probably even some readers of this article, RIGHT NOW, who see the above as bragging or showing off or just otherwise rude and taboo.

It seems, to some, I’m not allowed to celebrate the results of my skill-set which happens to be marketing and sales strategy.

To some, we’re just not allowed to celebrate business and monetary successes.

And here’s my hang-up about all this…

I spent some time with friends this weekend and through conversations I mentioned this accomplishment. I got smiles and nods but only one or 2 “good for you” or “congratulations” (which was nice to hear). I also got 1 friend saying “that’s nice, why are you telling me this?” and another saying “do me a favor and next time you have a ‘record month’ don’t tell me about it”.

Huh??

Those last 2 replies surprised me.

One of them is a guy who is built like a warrior out of the movie 300, and wins mixed martial arts fights regularly and excitedly announces every win. Well, I”D like to do that!!

The other is from a gorgeous girl friend who wins probably half of every swim-suit and bikini type competitions she enters (she’s been in dozens!!). And she quickly sends me a text to announce each win.

Well, as someone who just a year ago took up boxing… I sure wouldn’t mind knowing that I’m winning fights left right and center. But I’m not. Not yet.

And as a male, I certainly wouldn’t mind having a room full of women whistling and voting for me (though, hopefully not in a BIKINI competition). ;-)

So why is financial success taboo??

Unless I’m talking to mover-and-shaker entrepreneur friends, talking about numbers is a no no.

And I completely disagree with it.

Namely because I believe you should celebrate ALL of your successes.

Whether you’re winning fights or in other sports, or swim suit competitions or writing contests or poker tournaments … if you know you worked hard for it and you achieved a goal, enjoy it.

I almost let a couple of friends make me feel BAD about hitting my goal and a new milestone (top net inc*ome month). That would have been ridiculous! I’m glad I caught myself so I wanted to write this and remind YOU to enjoy YOUR successes … even if they are financial/business related.

And surround yourself with other peers who can help you celebrate. Always keep building your mastermind.

I have no problems with that, as us humans are goal motivated individuals. If someone works hard to get where they’re at, then how can you not be happy for them? Anyhow, congratulations, and when you surpass your next goal, take the people that are sincerely happy about your success to a nice dinner.

Doug

perfectlovehere
08-02-2010, 08:52 PM
That's INCREDIBLY impressive! You should and you deserve to feel very proud! Most people can't even fathom making that in an entire year of hard work!

Kudos to you! Thanks for inspiring me to go above and beyond as well. :)

Ron Kaye
08-09-2010, 12:45 AM
Rob,
You are an inspiration. Congratulations to you!