PDA

View Full Version : Video content ... digital should come with physical

Rob Toth
07-27-2010, 01:04 AM
I posted this as my Facebook status just now:

"what I would like is a service that can take the cool videos posted as digital access in some select high quality memberships I have and rip them out so I can create a video playlist without having to remember all these memberships and accounts. NOTE TO MERCHANTS: I'd pay for a data-DVD of the digital video content. And I bet I'm not the only one... "

I have no idea what such a solution would look like but I can't keep track of the different videos in various memberships.

If you can cook up a solution, consider me on board as a customer and an affiliate partner. lol.

Danielle Schaeffer
07-27-2010, 04:36 PM
Hi Rob,
I have a software program (not mine, but I have resell rights) that might work for that.

I'm new here, so I'm still looking for the PM box and rules on links and such, but my email is

schaeffer dot danielle at gmail dot com, I'll email you a zip file you can check out.

-Dani

Drew Castle
08-01-2010, 12:55 AM
I've thought about doing this for future products...releasing a DVD to the first xxx amount of customers. Not sure if it's worth all of the hassle though.

As for ripping videos - there's a Firefox plugin I like using, called DownloadHelper, great for saving videos onto your HD.

Justin Lee
08-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Hey Rob,

I just downloaded the latest version of Real Player.

Every time I mouse over a video, it gives me the ability to download it.

You can do this with the FREE version (you don't need the premium paid version to do this):
http://www.real.com/realplayer

For my favorite videos, I do that, and put them in a folder so I have easy access to them without having to login to various membersites.

I also do this to create a swipe file of videos from launches and promotions that I really liked, so I have access to them after the launch/promotion is over.

Good luck,

Justin

PS- I sent you a PM message yesterday, did you get it?

Taylor Winfield
08-18-2010, 08:58 PM
This proves interesting if you think about the amount of people that want these physical products, yet there is hardly anyone supplying these courses in physical form, e.g. PDFs into proper binders and Videos into DVDs.

Theres a demand yet very few people online are fulfilling it.

Gives me an idea for my next product actually ::)

Emilis Strimaitis
08-19-2010, 01:33 AM
Hey, Rob.

I have a great solution for you. If you are using Firefox, you should try addon called "FlashGot". It's very simple and powerful addon.

Not only you will be able to download videos, but also sounds, videos from flash players (like youtube) and so on.

The download process is very simple. Open the window where your media is located (http://www.someswebsite.com/lesson1.html or so on). Wait until the video buffer is full (until the whole video is loaded). Navigate (in Firefox) to tools -> flasgot Flashgot Media (or just ctrl + f7).

The downloaded file will be placed on desktop.

Hope this helps ;)

tajinder
09-14-2010, 06:17 PM
there is another add on called downloadhelper for firefox.note that some videos does not work with flashgot.but i am able to download most of the videos by using download helper even if there was no link to download the video given.

tblrg
09-16-2010, 10:04 PM
I agree with Taylor's observation.

Does anyone want a PDF file for Christmas? Or do you want to see a nicely wrapped gift (book) under the tree? If the products is about revenue side of the balance sheet, people want physical material.

-Raj

Nick Sharp
09-20-2010, 02:03 AM
Physical products are also good for lower refund rates.

kunaki.com is useful for putting files on DVD - either as .mov files or as an actual DVD - however you want to do it.