PDA

View Full Version : Do Personal Journeys in IM Have good jv potential?

Shawn Gourley
07-06-2010, 11:51 PM
Hey everyone,

I have another question for you all. I am working on a product that shows people my personal journey in IM. Would something like this be good for a giveaway or jv?

I am just wondering if giving it away for free would help get me known as a IM?

citrus
07-07-2010, 11:43 AM
I've never seen this done before, but IMO, this kind of stuff is much better suited for your blog. Unless you're sharing it with people that already know and trust you, they won't have the patience nor interest to follow your story.

If a random stranger walked up to you and offered to share their life story, would you listen? Haha...

On a related note, something that a lot of people do in their sales videos is to spend the first few minutes talking about their early IM days and their "rags to riches" stories. This is different than just screaming out your story for all to hear because they're using their stories to connect on an emotional level with their prospects.

Aside from sharing a bit about your personal journey on your blog or on a sales video though, I can't think of anywhere else to share that kind of stuff. It may be interesting to you, but frankly, it probably won't be to others.

Shawn Gourley
07-07-2010, 03:55 PM
I understand what you are saying. The only reason I thought about something like this is because I already have these things on my squidoo page and alot of different people really like them because I show them step by step what I learned, where I went wrong, and alot of people tell others just starting out to read my lenses to get an idea of what IM is really like in the beginning. I also talk alot about my meeting with Kevin Wilke and what he taught me, things like that. I don't really go into the rags to riches as much as I do the process of what all I learned and what works and does not work. I did not not if this might be something maybe people would like to offer as a free product to their list. Or if I should go back to like Kevin and go here is a type of testimonial for you to give to your list in exchange for a link to my website, or maybe something we could use to create a product together? I am just trying to get a grasp of the whole jv workings. What is good to offer, what is not.

David Olmst
07-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Hi Shawn,

I agree with Curtis, it is a tough sell. You can always market it in a different way as a "product".

Shawn Gourley
07-13-2010, 01:07 AM
David,
What do you mean "as a product" like make it into something to sell with worksheets and how to type product?

Drew Castle
07-13-2010, 02:04 AM
Agree with Curtis...sales video would be perfect for this type of thing.

Laurie Rogers
07-13-2010, 02:45 AM
My partner is doing something like that, he was a former gang member, now legit, but he's pitching it to his gang awareness groups.

Shawn Gourley
08-01-2010, 02:55 PM
I bet the gang member story is very interesting! Hope it works for him.

dougp
08-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Hey everyone,

I have another question for you all. I am working on a product that shows people my personal journey in IM. Would something like this be good for a giveaway or jv?

I am just wondering if giving it away for free would help get me known as a IM?

Hi Shawn, there was a woman that did something similar to that. She had a blog, and was announcing her plan to get out of debt within a year and a half. She listed everything that she did to help her make money online, and in the end she turned it into an info product and sold it because there were so many people that were anxious to know what she did. That is something that you can do, just make sure not to fabricate any aspects of the story ;).

Doug