PDA

View Full Version : Best Way to Set up OTO's?

rcoisson
07-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone knows of a good process or software to setup OTO with clickbank. I have an intro offer that I want to have an upsell and then a downsell if they say no to an upsell. Anyone know how to set that up or a software to use to set that up?

Thanks,

Ryan

Drew Castle
07-05-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm pretty sure there's quite a few ways to set up an OTO...

but here's a really simple and straightforward way to go about with Clickbank:

First, you have your main sales page. Then, when they click "add to cart" you send them to a second page where they'll be able to either take your upsell or refuse your upsell...if they refuse, then you send them to your downsell page.

So like this:

Offer page ---(they click on 'order now')--> OTO Upsell --(if not)--> Downsell Page ----(if not)---> Main Product.

Kunj K
07-06-2010, 07:31 AM
I believe Clickbank also have a one-click upsell feature now but I haven't looked into it yet...

The regular way is also simple to set up, but I respectfully disagree with Drew above as you may lose a huge number of people before the Clickbank Order Form.

The OTO process that has worked well in the past has been:

Salesletter ---> Clickbank Order Form ---> Customer purchases front-end ---> OTO ---> If yes, another Clickbank Order form / If no, send them to customer opt-in & members area.

Obviously you can introduce downsells etc in there, but I couldn't draw an upsell tree here :D

rcoisson
07-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the responses.

@drewcastle yea that was the process I was setting up but I'm not sure how to set it up so that when they click the add to cart button on the first offer it will just take them to the upsell and if they take the upsell how do I make sure it seamlessly adds both items the cart and give them the appropriate charges?

I'm confused on how to do this as well if they say no to the upsell and yes to the downsell that is continuity how do I make sure they get charge the right amount and then the right amount each month for the continuity?

Any ideas?

@kunjk yea they do have a pretty slick upsell feature no, but I friend told me you have had to sell 5000 products on CB not quite there yet. Do you know if you set it up with multiple order forms can you curl it so there info keeps getting passed through so they don't have to enter their name, billing info, etc each time?

Thanks,

Ryan

Drew Castle
07-13-2010, 02:51 AM
yea that was the process I was setting up but I'm not sure how to set it up so that when they click the add to cart button on the first offer it will just take them to the upsell and if they take the upsell how do I make sure it seamlessly adds both items the cart and give them the appropriate charges?

I'm confused on how to do this as well if they say no to the upsell and yes to the downsell that is continuity how do I make sure they get charge the right amount and then the right amount each month for the continuity?

I *believe* you would just make each of these a separate product...

So product #1 is: main product (your main sales page product)
product #2 is: upsell (your higher ticket item or OTO)
product #3 is: downsell (your continuity product)

So if the visitor clicks add to cart on the main sales page...they're taken to your upsell or OTO page - If they say yes and take your upsell - you make the sale. if they say no thanks...take them to your downsell page...if they say no thanks again...then you just sell the main product.

http://i28.tinypic.com/69memd.png

So you're not really worrying about adding items to a cart here...you're more worried about what product they're gonna pick...

Jon Volk's FB Ads Guide is a good example -

on the homepage he has the main sales page -
he then takes them to an upsell page (when they click on add to cart)
they can then refuse or accept the upsell (and this switches the product they buy)
they can then checkout.
Product 1 is: https://ssl.clickbank.net/order/orderform.html?time=1279003229&vvvv=6662616473&item=1&vvar=purchase_id%3D331841%26storefront_id%3D4522%2 6seed%3D4c3c0a5b%26salt%3D90856bc50595ab136ab4fccd 64a191506e12d350
The upsell is Product 2: https://ssl.clickbank.net/order/orderform.html?time=1279003226&vvvv=6662616473&item=2&vvar=purchase_id%3D331840%26storefront_id%3D4522%2 6seed%3D4c3c0a58%26salt%3D875b956abb3ff41aa943b12c 535ed4e7e714b258

The visitor either buys product 1 or product 2, there's not really a shopping cart or 'adding' on of items.

abbesnetwork
08-18-2010, 03:39 PM
I believe Clickbank also have a one-click upsell feature now but I haven't looked into it yet...

The regular way is also simple to set up, but I respectfully disagree with Drew above as you may lose a huge number of people before the Clickbank Order Form.

The OTO process that has worked well in the past has been:

Salesletter ---> Clickbank Order Form ---> Customer purchases front-end ---> OTO ---> If yes, another Clickbank Order form / If no, send them to customer opt-in & members area.

Obviously you can introduce downsells etc in there, but I couldn't draw an upsell tree here :D

I agree with Kunj because i tested both ways and trust me! the order is this: Salesletter>>>>>Orderform>>>>Oto>>>order form for OTO if agreed>>>>main product + OTO product This is the optimistic path when customer buy everthing :)

Taylor Winfield
08-19-2010, 09:50 AM
I personally just use the ClickBank thank you page to promote my OTO's.

If you can rely on the quality of your upsell and the value it will give to your customers, then selling it should be easy.

You just need to make sure that your customers see the benefit in taking up the OTO

Emilis Strimaitis
08-19-2010, 10:34 AM
Saw that Drew Castle made a scheme how to setup OTO's, so I thought I'll share my scheme as well :)

This is the offer scheme I've used in my previous project.

http://i36.tinypic.com/xayik5.png

charleskirkland
08-19-2010, 11:50 PM
The best way is to just use the 1 click up sell because you can just pass the CB data from page to page and then run 3 OTO's and then 3 downsells. That is the best way.

Once they buy the first item the CC data is just passed along. This works link crazy.

Thanks
Charles Kirkland

tajinder
09-14-2010, 06:14 PM
clickbank upsell have certain requirements to be fullfilled before they approve your account to use clickbank upsell script.just use the method some folks have outlined here.

or else just get 1 shopping cart which comes with 1 click upsell software as well.

Matthew Iannotti
09-16-2010, 07:20 PM
Saw that Drew Castle made a scheme how to setup OTO's, so I thought I'll share my scheme as well :)

This is the offer scheme I've used in my previous project.

http://i36.tinypic.com/xayik5.png

Nice scheme, I like it...

Nick Sharp
09-20-2010, 01:59 AM
Ultracart.com also has 1 click upsells - very good software.

I'd be interested Charles to know how best you would setup multiple upsells/downsells before you sell 5000 items on CB (per their 1 click upsell requirements)?

Or if there is an exception granted, I would be interested on how to get it.

I was told Mobile Monopoly did NOT have the 1-click upsell capability but they had multiple upsells and downsells. I should just buy and see how they do it.

Me, I have a link at the top that opens in a new window to get the product, and then an upsell video below with upgrade button. It works well, converts 20% (could depend on the offer) ... but works well so far for CB. But, I'll likely switch to multiple upsells and downsells and maybe even use the same technique with yes/no button below videos.

affiliaterockstarx
09-22-2010, 05:14 PM
It's cool to see Charles Kirkland hanging
out in here.

He's taught me a lot over the years.

He's a mad super genius...

Craig

Glen Kirkham
10-15-2010, 10:11 AM
AWESOME POST !!

Just what I was looking for.....

THANK YOU :)

lianjunyi
11-17-2010, 08:44 AM
Really awesome!

I can learn a lot here on JVNP.

Thanks guys

Dwayne K
11-18-2010, 10:59 AM
Some good info posted.

Was Ryan looking for software or a script to
help?

DK

vivek narayan
12-12-2010, 07:12 AM
Hi Ryan,
As Charles said,the best way is to use 1 click upsell feature(if you are using Clickbank).

If you use PayPal for payment processng,using "Rapid Action Profits" script is a good option.It supports two OTOs.

If you don't want to spend money,use the "OTO Goldmine" script.It is free and supports multiple upsells and downsells.
Thanks,
Vivek

rhonnee1
01-02-2011, 07:16 PM
I have used OptimizePress WP theme for OTO, sales page, and membership sites selling CB products.

Reno X
01-02-2011, 09:53 PM
The best way is to just use the 1 click up sell because you can just pass the CB data from page to page and then run 3 OTO's and then 3 downsells. That is the best way.

Once they buy the first item the CC data is just passed along. This works link crazy.

Thanks
Charles Kirkland

I can imagine the 1-click upsell can be quite profitable. Although I do believe there are some requirements before you can utilize 1-click upsell at CB.

http://www.clickbank.com/help/vendor-help/vendor-tools/one-click-upsell/#apply

To participate in the One-Click Upsell program, you must meet the following requirements:

* ClickBank client for a minimum of six months
* Made over 5000 sales through ClickBank
* Lifetime chargeback rate must be 0.6% or lower
* Lifetime refund rate must be 10% or lower
* Maximum price of each upsell product must be $500 or less

-- Reno