PDA

View Full Version : newbie on a limited budget

cosmicKeith
06-20-2010, 07:37 AM
Hi all

I have been put onto this site from one of David Guindon video websites for newcomers to Internet marketing. I dabbled in it a couple of years ago but gave up after moving into my own place. I was then living in a residential unit for young disabled people but then I was given the opportunity to move into my own place. Since then I've had less time on my hands so haven't had time to do this.

Anyway to cut a long story short I am wanting to make an income using affiliate marketing but don't have a clue where to start. I had just set up a quick adwords campaign promoting another one of David's websites.

Having read several of your posts it seems like the majority of you prefer using e-mail lists which you have built up. I am also a web designer so creating a website will not be a problem.

I don't have much spare cash to outlay on various promotional products so at least to start with I will be doing this on a shoestring budget. Am I being completely unrealistic or is it possible to do this. Once I start making a bit of spare money I will put a lot of it back into the project but until then it's going to be very restrictive

Many thanks

Keith

Matt Dunbar
06-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Easiest thing I can think of is to build a list to start. Once you have that list, you can push your own products to the list.

Easiest way to build a list is to give away freebies. Considering your a web designer, perhaps a pack of 25 minisite templates would do you well. Also, instead of just throwing up a simple page with an opt-in to receive the templates, take it a step further. Go the full route and create a sales style page, it'll convince more people to opt in, and will provide you with practice.

If you really want to get a big following, and have a bit more time, offer a free plr package, including templates, a sales letter for the templates and so forth.

By giving away the freebies, you will be able to build a huge list.

The only investment you'll need is the mailing list and somewhere to host your site.

The initial page itself won't make a lot of money, if any at all, however that list can push sales letters repeatedly.

cosmicKeith
06-21-2010, 06:57 AM
Hi Matt

Thanks for the advice! I realise that what I'm doing with adwords (direct linking) is an out of date practice so I will stop my campaign in a minute.

Just a quick question about your suggestion. If I'm giving away stuff to do with web design will I have to use this list strictly for offers to do with web design, whether it be e-books, graphics or software? Also does it matter about the quality of what I'm giving away? I have just joined a membership site which has some masters sale rights and PLR bonuses which I might be able to use.

Then if I want to promote an offer to do with another subject will I have to start another list from scratch, or do you use the same list time after time?

I know I never read e-mails from people I don't know so why should people who subscribe to my list read mine? I have never written a good sales letter which actually converts so what's a good technique for a newcomer?

Many thanks

Keith

CreativeKendra
06-25-2010, 03:35 PM
Hello Keith,

In addition to Matt's suggestions you might want to look into earning money by offering your web design services.

A good place to start would be the warrior forum at warriorforum.com. It's a very active IM forum. You can join for free and offer your services under Warriors Products and Services/Warriors for hire. You can do this immediately with a free account.

After you've completed your 25 minisite templates with website, you can add the URL to your warrior forum signature for the giveaway and build your list.

By offering your services, you can make spendable cash to get your project rolling and the give away in your signature will help build your list.