PDA

View Full Version : I need some help with traffic

Taylor Dore
06-14-2010, 12:01 AM
Hi everybody,

I'm just getting started in this whole process, but I have 2 PLR sites one is a weight loss ebook and the other is a How to invest ebook.
Now, I am just wondering is there a good site I can go to help me drive traffic? I use lead impact right now and it works good but I get 100 visitors a day tops and just trying to get this whole thing up and running. I'll take any advice I can get. I'm really looking to learn off of all you're experience! :)

Laurie Rogers
06-15-2010, 07:52 PM
Hi Taylor,

Articles are a good way to build up long term steady traffic and if you sent some off to ezine publishers on a regular basis that would keep it consistant. Trying to remember who it was that said facebook ads worked really well ... and said they were pretty cheap compared to google, I haven't tried FB ads yet.

And maybe you should post some links to your sites, so we can give you some input, sometimes it's the site itself that needs some tweaking.

Garret Acott
06-16-2010, 09:44 AM
Hi Taylor,

Articles are a good way to build up long term steady traffic and if you sent some off to ezine publishers on a regular basis that would keep it consistant. Trying to remember who it was that said facebook ads worked really well ... and said they were pretty cheap compared to google, I haven't tried FB ads yet.

And maybe you should post some links to your sites, so we can give you some input, sometimes it's the site itself that needs some tweaking.

I would go one step further and say to advertise in side of facebook apps. Much less expensive and very targeted.

Garret

Garret Acott
06-17-2010, 09:46 AM
Hi everybody,

I'm just getting started in this whole process, but I have 2 PLR sites one is a weight loss ebook and the other is a How to invest ebook.
Now, I am just wondering is there a good site I can go to help me drive traffic? I use lead impact right now and it works good but I get 100 visitors a day tops and just trying to get this whole thing up and running. I'll take any advice I can get. I'm really looking to learn off of all you're experience! :)

What's your cost per customer using this? Just interested in it myself.

Garret

Laurie Rogers
06-17-2010, 12:47 PM
I would go one step further and say to advertise in side of facebook apps. Much less expensive and very targeted.

Garret

No offense Garret, but I disagree, people that are playing a lot of apps, aren't really doing anything productive, so getting them to "market" or participating in internet marketing isn't really what you're looking for.

Dan B
06-17-2010, 05:44 PM
Learn bum marketing - using free methods to generate traffic - article marketing, seo, linkbuilding. Try "Bum Marketing" - it's a free course (nothing to do with me, just a recommendation) on exactly this:

http://www.bummarketingmethod.com

This imo is the starting place for anyone new, it will teach you the basics, how to generate traffic, do your keyword research... basically how the Inernet works and the very basics - this was my backbone anyway and education for a year or so.

Shawn Gourley
06-17-2010, 07:28 PM
I use ezine, squidoo, hubpages, facebook, and my biggest is youtube! All of these help with traffic and link building.

Taylor Dore
06-18-2010, 12:09 AM
Thank you all soo much,
I'm gonna try these things out and I'll let you now how it goes!
thanks and have a great day

klakshman8
06-18-2010, 01:42 PM
I also suggest you to do link building work like articles,press release,web 2.0 pages and also forum postings which are related to your forums

Damian Kitchen
06-19-2010, 09:58 AM
i started just 2 months ago with internet marketing....as mentioned previously i used bum marketing in the beginning as i knew nothing about this business and had no money for paid advertising.

i have struggled to make money online, but i think free traffic learnt in bum markerting or squidoo,youtube are good places to start to try and get some traffic.

a youtube video i did a month ago has recieved 273 views with 1 conversion. which isnt great but it took about 6 mins to do and cost me nothing. with a differnet product maybe things would have been better.

the idea is - free traffic can be good and costs nothing.

chris busa
06-22-2010, 08:50 PM
Facebook is getting huge right now and a great source to find targeted traffic. You can use there advertising platform and target people based on keywords, interests and very targeted demographics, you can choose to do PPC or CPM.

You also can create fan pages, groups and events and target people that way also, having a event you can put people into a list then send them a message, its basically the same as sending out a email brodcast within your autoresponder. facebook has almost 500 million users now and more than enough traffic to go around and some for every single person on this site :)

I am just starting to see the power of facebook now too myself so am going to hit it up hard

hope this helps

cheers
-Chris

Rob Toth
06-23-2010, 01:52 PM
It's not the greatest and all-encompassing traffic course by any means... but literally hundreds of testimonials and thank you's have come in for the one I give away for free:

http://www.robthegenietoth.com/download-your-freebies/

the opt-in page is at http://www.howtogetprospects.com if you want access to other freebies too... but the above page alone will give you direct download to various freebies include the full traffic course. (used to sell it for $47 but it's a good 2.5 years "outdated"). Doesn't mean it's not relevant but it does mean that I certainly can't sell it for $47...

tipsakti
06-24-2010, 03:52 AM
There are lots of ways to get traffic Taylor, but you must choose max. 3 to get started and become the master at those traffic strategy.

I would suggest that you have a blog with Optin page or a landing page with optin page.
Then you can find forums related to your needs and participate actively in forums
Here is forum directory: http://www.big-boards.com/

You also can use social media sites like facebook and twitter to build your presence in your related niche

Hope this helps

Gugulethu Mokwebo
06-27-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm new to IM and this thread has really helped thank you to everyone. A special thank you to Taylor, Dan B and Rob.

Stay Blessed!!! ;D

seowiz
06-27-2010, 12:50 PM
Write up some SEO'd articles (I'd submit a unique one to EzineArticles.com first then re-write it with some different wording and such and submit them to article directories.)

Submit your website rss feeds to various different feed submission sites (feedage, feedest, etc. I can get you a list of some).

Combine the html links of all your submitted articles into a feed of its own using a service like html2rss.com and then submit THAT unique feed to the same feed directories (with unique title and description text.)

Submit your website post links and such to social bookmarking sites like digg, stumbleupon, deli, etc. and post to facebook and twitter, etc.

Collect any and all rss feed links you have for content you've put together that contains links to your site and mix that into one big rss feed using a service like rssmix.com.

Submit THAT feed link to feed directories and drop it into twitter and, more importantly, identi.ca (this gets indexed FAST by the google)

Do some searches for blogs in your niche and top page ranking sites for your keyword and LSI (Latent Semantic Index) keywords and get active as a commenter.

Do the same with forums related to your blog.

And so on and so forth....

Contact me if you have any questions, you may be able to convince me to put together some quick video tutorials on some of this.

charleskirkland
06-29-2010, 10:12 AM
You are going about this the WRONG way!

You need to know exactly how much you can
spend on buying your customer first. Then work
back in to how much and what kind of traffic you can
buy.

Once you have the numbers worked out then its
just a questions of cash flow.

There is NO shortage of traffic on the web.

Check out this for some traffic numbers
http://ckirkland.com/images/adwordsstats.jpg

All you have to do is understand your numbers.

Thanks
Charles Kirkland

rmartin33
07-01-2010, 06:28 PM
Google Adwords is Still working great for me & a lot of my friends. Takes a while to learn the system, but once you do, one of the best traffic sources I know of. Make sure to experiment with the content network- really great results out of there lately.

ryder
07-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Hi Taylor,

You have some great advice here so my recommendation is to follow it!

When I started, one guy I now (happily) have as a friend, said when I
asked him a similar question was write "Articles, Articles, Articles".

Great guy and more importantly, he is successful.

Get that skill under your belt first...

Kunj K
07-06-2010, 07:36 AM
I would say buy your traffic with PPC and banners, because once you have a good-converting offer, you can scale up!

Chad H
07-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Hey Taylor....

If you go down the paid traffic route, feel free to take a look at my free webinar video that I did a few weeks back.

No, no opt-in or funny business. Ignore the offer at the end, it's done now:

http://chadhamzeh.com/free-webinar/

Lot's of people learned a good amount from there, perhaps it will help you with your endeavours.

Thanks,

Chad

Dean Slayton
07-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Here's what I would do:

Go to needanarticle.com and get a few articles

Go to Unique article wizard (google it) and signup

UAW will submit original versions of your article to hundreds of article sites. All with a link to your site in it.

This is mainly used for seo but it can be good for direct traffic too.

AndyDemi
07-19-2010, 07:53 AM
Hi,

I have been using PPC effectively for the last few months and the key is to use long tail keywords to get cheap traffic. Use the keyword tool in google or if you want to take it more seriously I highly recommend Wordze.com or keywordelite.com for your keyword research.

Both excellent for finding thousands of keywords in your market.

PM if there's anything else I can help you with.

Andy

John Oszajca
07-22-2010, 09:49 PM
I would go with submitting articles to ezine articles as well if you don't have a budget or any relationships in your market. Always works well for me when I'm starting a site and want some free traffic fast.