PDA

View Full Version : Will product owners pay via paypal?

Mike Miller
05-26-2010, 12:44 AM
Does anyone know if product owners will pay through paypal if I request? Instead of sending checks.

KevinRiley
05-26-2010, 05:33 AM
Some product owners have both options. Many pay by PayPal. Myself, I only pay by PayPal. After all, I live in a country where we don't use cheques.

Best thing to do is to check with each product owner you want to promote. Usually, as soon as you sign up for their affiliate program, you'll see your choices in the account settings. Most have a text field for entering your PayPal e-mail address, to get paid in that fashion.

shireesh
05-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Mike,

I pay by paypal and check. The default method is paypal and I prefer it that way. Most product owners I know offer the paypal option - Its hard to beat the convenience of Paypal's mass pay feature.

However, it is best to check with the product owner or in the affiliate center what payment methods are used by each specific product owner. You will find that a vast majority of them will offer the Paypal option.

John Oszajca
07-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Most prefer it, but as mentioned, best to check with the product owner.

dougp
07-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Hey Mike, something i learned recently is the worst you can do is to NOT ASK. So, dont be shy and just ask NIKE says, just DO IT ;).

Doug

candres79
08-25-2010, 01:47 PM
Yea,

I would definatly ask...I dont see why that would be a problem.

I pay my affiliates through Paypal and check, I give them the option.

Never hurts to ask the worst they can say is "NO"

Karim Pearson
08-29-2010, 04:16 AM
You could also check out Rapbank. I haven't used them yet, but they have a whole marketplace of products that pay instant commissions through PayPal. It's basically like Clickbank, but focused on instant commission products.

tajinder
09-13-2010, 09:59 AM
ya the best answer is by asking them and telling them which payment method that you would like for your convenience.because sometimes checks can be such a pain in the ass if you're an international affiliate.i know most product owner prefer to pay via paypal for international affiliate because it is instantly.

instead if by checks it would take almost 1 month for it to arrived at your door step and then you would need to wait 1 more month for the check to be cleared by your local banks.there is also risk that the check might get stolen or did not arrived to your address.

Ben Brandes
09-14-2010, 08:56 AM
I like to offer Paypal as an option anyway. A lot of the time if I see a paypal button I'll buy it (even though I wasn't going to put my credit card in to buy it).

Especially in the IM niche a lot of people have money sitting in their PayPal account. Like Jess mentioned, let them know your preferred payment method. Worst case scenario, you get a check.

Hope that helps :)