PDA

View Full Version : Is Google going to change how you promote your Business...again?

Jeffrey Neil
10-09-2006, 05:31 PM
As of the time of this writing the Wall Street Journel announced moments ago that Google has offically agreed to the purchase of Youtube for 1.65 billion in stock.

So how does any of this relate to joint ventures?

Now this may not mean anything today, but I believe it will change how we look at promotions in the future, particularly for things like new product rollouts.

As many already know the story of youtube is a viral building phenomenon, which I am sure in part is Googles reason for purchasing it, despite some of its legal isssues with music and film lawsuits.

With this now under the leadership of Google, I think this demonstrates growth and ongoing change about how we will continue to do business in the future on the net.

I suspect that it will (eventually) reach the point that posting your video on youtube will be just as common and possibly as frequent as blogging is today. Remember that google bought and owns blogger.

My prediction is this: in the not too distant future, successful product rollouts will have video marketing campaigns behind them, often utilizing viral services like Youtube.

If you have been watching, you have probably seen this already.

If we want to stay ahead of the curve, utilizing these methods in upcoming campaigns, should at least be a consideration.

I would love to hear others thoughts regarding both this purchase, as well as my comments.