PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting a divorce!!! ------- from biz opp and make money online

Rob Toth
05-24-2010, 12:58 PM
Well this was a big decision. Big day today. I think I'll mark it on my calendar. But I'm VERY SURE that I want to go this route....

I posted the below on my facebook status. Are we facebook buddies yet??

http://www.facebook.com/robthegenietoth

Here's what I wrote as my status:

"Rob TheGenie Toth
Between you, me and everyone else reading this... you heard it here first: I'm selling off ALL of my biz opp / make money assets. ALL reports, articles, databases, traffic sources, websites, salesletters, AR, everything. All things biz opp / make money. It's been fun but I never intended to be selling infoproducts to the biz opp market, I just found myself there. Today I've made an executive decision... for sale."

and this was my followup message

Rob TheGenie Toth
Sure! I have 2 parties already interested. I'm open to anything fair ... creative JVs, outright sales, partial semi-exclusive use etc. BUT before any productive conversation and negotiations can happen, the work is on my end... I'll create inventory list, screenshots, proof videos etc as well as a bit of an bundle summary of everything. That will ... See Morelikely take me a good week to get around to and get done. Possibly 2. But once I have full details/numbers/stats, I'd love to connect. Without exaggeration, there is a full product series here unique with MANY MANY testimonials, proven sales conversions, cross-sells/backends already built in, established fan/client base, established affiliate base etc... so it's really a great opp. I simply don't want to try balancing this with the 2 businesses I'm actually passionate about. Anyways, it's a big decision but I'm very sure of it. I'm getting divorced from all things biz opp / make money, lol.

Rob Toth
05-24-2010, 01:18 PM
Some time ago (2005 I think), I released my first report in the make money space.

But I never actively chose or planned to be in that market.

However, I love writing (which is a pitfall because product creation is SO MUCH QUICKER with video or audio... but I keep finding myself writing reports and case studies) and I had something to definitely offer to the make money crowd seeing as I had already replaced my job income by then.

I've have SO MUCH content... with testimonials and even a people's choice award (from a website contest).

And it definitely makes me money though it's not a primary income source. However, I know exactly how I would re-work the funnel and re-launch all of the reports to have a front end that I could feed at very high ROI. So this is all the content that I'd ever need for a new 7-figure business.

So why sell?

Well that ties into why I'm writing this here.

My decision is based on (1) taking inventory of where my passion lies (2) understanding that juggling too many balls is a great way to keep constantly busy while making very little progress.

My passion simply isn't in this marketspace and I have a niche project and a primary business each of which have 8-figure (possibly 9-figure) potential. So in terms of "monetary" reasons.... i have NO need for yet another market. It's just a distraction and time-suck at this point.

I guess I'd like to leave you with a few bits of food-for-thought:

- if you have quality, original assets (videos, audios, content, articles, websites, salescopy etc) on your computer that are just gathering dust... either sell them off as an exclusive package or a semi-exlusive bundle... or find a creative JV or bring someone on board who can monetize those assets. But don't just let your digital assets sit there.

- also consider selling translation rights. (I'm actually going to have someone pursuing this for me). Even if you sell exclusive English rights to your content, you could sell exclusive Spanish translation rights or German etc

- if everyday you find yourself with to do items that relate to a project or task that you don't have full passion for... work to eliminate those. I know, easier said then done but either bring on an employee/partner to handle it all for you or think about going in another direction. If it doesn't grip your passion, then it will suck your energy faster which drains you from more profitable tasks.

(disclaimer: that being said... I'd like to state that I do NOT believe it's wise to build a business SOLELY based on passion. Some passions simply don't have a market. What you want to find and tap into are your PROFITABLE PASSIONS. Co-incidentally, one of my many reports that's in draft stages for this biz opp market analyses exactly that).

- I AM a believe in multiple streams of income and have nothing against multiple projects/businesses because I think as entrepreneurs we all have a bit of ADD. So being able to change gears to a different set of processes, a different market etc might be a good thing (I don't know if that's true for you, but it is certainly true for me). However, you need to remain aware of when you're juggling too much. For me, I've already closed down projects and services that kept being distractions. This is a major piece of that puzzle.

XL
05-24-2010, 01:49 PM
It's good to 'clean house' from time to time.

I find every 3 to 5 years, I end up selling off some major piece of my business and start fresh with new projects, partners etc.

Some people like building things better than running them, time to sell the farm when you're bored of milking the cows.

KevinRiley
05-26-2010, 05:40 AM
Rob

Here's wishing you an amiable divorce. Fully agree with you on the passion aspect. I myself entered a part of the MMO market by accident more than design. I was in natural health at the time (another passion, but more just for myself) and kept answering marketing questions at WF. It made me realize that my passion lay in the creation of info products, showing others how to create them, and teaching marketing (something I'd done offline). I know that if I switched to something else, I wouldn't have as much fun as I do now (esp. with video) and my passion for my business would be tepid.

shireesh
05-26-2010, 01:15 PM
Rob,

This IS a big Decision. I wish you Great SUCCESS.

Several people I know have accidentally stumbled upon or got started with the bizopp market simply because it was the first (and most prominent) niche they were exposed to at the beginning. After a while, it becomes hard to make a change for some folks. I applaud you for your courage and foresight in following your passions and profits that exist in those niches.

Based on your approach to the big change, I'm sure you will find yourself having more time to do the things you want to do at the same time you'll most likely see more progress everyday because as as you observer you won't be juggling too many balls.

Best Wishes.

Rob Toth
05-27-2010, 06:55 PM
Thanks guys.

Meeting with some local Vancouver based internet firepower tonight actually to start discussions on a "buy out".

Otherwise I'll just hold a sale for the assets.

Tying into all this (more importantly, bridging the new business focus), I also have a ballsy personal birthday goal. ... $100,000 NET PROFIT in Sept. I've done that gross before but never netted 6-figures in a single month. It's about time.

I posted a vid about all that here: http://www.robthegenietoth.com/100k-in-30-days-rob-toth-birthday-goal/ ... seeing as every accountability partner helps.

Dan B
05-28-2010, 07:42 AM
Congratulations Rob :) Hope this isn't the end of you on this forum as your advice has been very useful to me and you would be missed - I hope you are moving into a personal development related area actually as I would love the chance to work with you ;)

Good luck whatever the road ahead for you is!
Dan

Rob Toth
05-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Definitely not an end in this forum.

I don't view this forum as "biz opp" and "make money online". It's for folks wanting to better hone their ability to recruit affiliates and create intelligent win-win joint ventures in ALL areas (though primarily info products).

Hypefree
06-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Rob,

I wish you the best of luck!