PDA

View Full Version : Getting into this JV stuff...

ianternet
05-12-2010, 02:59 PM
So I just launched a big product... and since I am more of an affiliate and wanting to expand my online ventures I decided to try this info product stuff...

now my question is how can a new person get with the big guys or JVs to promote a product that I think is worth promoting?

I have my admin going through forums to find JV partners and contacting blogs about the product...

what other ways can I get access to people to mail out? I cant really do swaps because of the size of my own list. so how can I get people to help promote?

Kunj K
07-02-2010, 11:32 AM
If I were you I would buy some traffic (PPC, banners etc) and build up a quality list first... your time will be better spent doing this imo.

DavidWalkerTV
07-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Hi Ian,

I am in a similar boat to you at the moment!

I have built a decent sized number of contacts over the past 12 months who I'd like to think would promote for me when I am ready to launch but you're right, getting the big players on board would mean the difference between a four/five figure and six figure launch!

David

citrus
07-02-2010, 09:05 PM
One way would be to enlist the help of Mike Merz :P Of course, that won't guarantee that you'll get anybody on board, seeing as much of it depends on the quality of your offer and how you start the dialogue.

There's also live events. I've never had the opportunity though, and I won't (because of school) until around this time next year probably. I hear they're great for networking, even with big players.

There are a few other ways of course, but do keep in mind that big players are usually very busy with their own stuff or fulfilling obligations to their JV buddies. So for a new person to get their attention, you'll need a great product and a great offer - irresistible even :)

Here's a thread you may be interested in:
http://www.jvnotifypro.com/community/index.php/topic,3746.0.html

Curtis

Mike Merz
07-03-2010, 01:28 PM
I've always been one to believe that you should have your 'house in order' ... establish your self and product brand and build a reasonable prospect and customer following, and then reach out to other potential JV partners of comparable clout to co-promote with ... and start putting together your JV network one at a time in this manner. As you and your circle starts to grow and rise up the ranks, it will become easier to attract higher level partners and break into their strategic alliances. Unfortunately, this takes time and you will most often have to be the first leg of a hopeful reciprocal when courting bigger dogs.

Other ways to attract bigger partners ...

1) When a product launch of theirs comes up that you feel your list is a good match with, do your best to do well and stand out. This will usually help you get your foot in the door.

2) Research lower level partners that have obvious access to the higher level partners you seek, and work on building a relationship with them ... first, then ask for an introduction. This also includes affiliate, jv, and project managers working for the big dogs.

3) Attend a live event, but don't make the mistake of pushing your new launch on a big dog as soon as you meet them ... rather simply be sociable and positive without being overbearing.

One problem I see on a regular basis is new product owners being overzealous bringing on as many partners as they can, when they should be slowly qualifying each one ... individually. One strong partner can double your sales, and more ... take the time to know whether or not a JV lead is worth staying in touch with ... and then make sure you do, once they've proven themselves worthy of an ongoing relationship ... and a potential spot in your JV network and/or your inner core JV circle.

If all JV partner recruitment + relationship building means to you is cherry picking names you know, and attaching a number to the rest and using email broadcasts as the only form of communication ... you're leaving a heckuva lot of money on the table.

That's all, Folks ... have a Happy Independence Day, if you're celebrating ... or not! ;)

Mike