PDA

View Full Version : Here's How To Get JV's As A 'No-One'

Dean Holland
03-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Hey peoples

It's a common problem for anyone starting our right?!

You have a great product ready, it's your first product and you are
fairly new to the market so no one knows your name

You start contacting people to ask them to JV with you for your
product, what happens?

You get no answer at all

You get told no

or even worse it doesn't get past the EVIL assistant to even be
seen by the person you want ( lol )

So here's a little tactic I want to share that I have learned that WORKS!

Instead of the basic... Hi Mr X my name is ... I have a product I would
love you to JV with me with BLAH BLAH BLAH...

You take a different approach...

Think about what you can do for them that could be of value to
them in exchange for a JV from them.

Normally people tell you that you need to make sales for someone
before they would help you... NOT TRUE!

What skills do you have?

What can you offer them?

Think outside the box here...

Can you do graphics ?

Can you write copy ?

Can you create content on a certain topic ?

Can you create a a video(s) on a certain topic ?

If you can offer a JV something of value that they can use in their
business then this gets their attention a lot of the time.

Let's say for example Mr X has a 50k list and you would love this
guy to come on board for your launch

Mr X doesn't know you from adam so is unlikely to just promote
because you ask

However let's say you know Mr X has a membership site based around
affiliate marketing which you happen to know a lot about and have lots
to share

You could present an offer to Mr X where in exchange for him JVing with you
you would create a months worth of video content for his membership site

This would obviously appeal to the potential JV :)

And yes it does work very well !

Just assess what you can offer someone then go out and make that offer

What's the worst that could happen?!

Hope that helps

Dean

Darren Warmuth
03-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Hey Dean,

Good thoughts. Invoke the law of reciprocation. By doing someone a favor, they naturally feel obliged to return that favor. Nothing sneaky about it either. You are offering something of value to people and if they perceive your offer to be of value and take you up on it, then both parties win.

To learn more about this law, read Robert Cialdini's book 'Influence'.

Cheers,
Darren

Sandeep Nath
03-08-2010, 01:44 AM
Right on Dean! Everyone has a specialty... we just have to look within.

Bill Davison
03-09-2010, 01:28 AM
Thanks Dean. I very needed tip 4 us newbies.

Josh Wuerfel
03-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Thanks Dean, great information.

Chris Ramsey
03-12-2010, 10:28 AM
Dean - Amazing tip. Thanks for posting this.

As a copywriter I could easily offer those services to anybody I was looking to JV with...

Davidjames
03-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Great way to get your foot in the door. Everybody has some sort of service that they can offer...

Andris Valodze
03-13-2010, 08:59 AM
great tips Dean.

Shaun Lee
03-15-2010, 07:45 AM
Great tips for a temporary nobody like me who is totally new to the JV scene. :)

Thanks!

-Shaun

mjbacch
03-16-2010, 11:46 AM
It's funny because you could be doing promotions in a completely different market than perhaps the one you want JV's for. That does not mean you don't have skills you can share with your potential new partners. This sounds like a great way to "break" into new markets.

mwoody
03-18-2010, 06:49 AM
Hi,

They are great tips that I will be looking to use. I have built a fantastic set of products that compliment each other perfectly and they have all been well received with some amazing feedback!

In fact the quality of my product is so good, the owner of CPALead has appointed me as the first official CPALead Guru.

Im now at a stage where I want to get Joint Ventures in place to help re-enforce my brand and deliver more products!

Im still getting to grips with this forum and getting my head around the rules but posts like this are a fantastic resource for someone like myself.

Thank you kindly

Matthew Woodward

Imran Naseem
03-18-2010, 02:49 PM
Great thread here and I agree 100% with this.

Simon Shawcross
03-30-2010, 02:57 PM
Yep, really useful post.

Martin R Butler
03-31-2010, 05:40 AM
That's right, It's amazing how many people try to persuade a jv by telling them that they have a great product to sell. It's not enough to do this especially with someone you have no relationship with.

You should also work on building a relationship before you ask for a JV. If you have done your homework correctly in your niche, you will have a list of people who are authorities in your niche with lists so even before your product launch, make contact and build a relationship rather than trying to pitch to someone you don't know. ;)

Tom Wetherald
04-20-2010, 11:48 PM
Hi Dean,

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and years of experience with us in this post.

If you want to be successful, then you need to learn from someone who is ALREADY successful, and that's a TRUE Internet success story!

I hope you have a healthy day.

Tom

Aira
04-27-2010, 05:22 AM
This is 100% true Dean. The first step to get your name out there is to start helping people in your niche. Who would have known that the reason Internet Marketing is thriving is not because of cutthroat tactics but because it is a big community that is helping each other.

trafficaddict
04-28-2010, 02:08 AM
I've seen this work in the past.

Here are a some other strategies that work extremely well too:

1.) The best way to do it is to get introduced by a mutual friend. This by far has been the MOST powerful
approach in all our partnerships. Really builds that instant credibility and trust factor that's needed in order
to get the 'Heavy Hitters' to mail for you.

2.) Just be excellent and professional with what you do, and ask them. The worse thing you can do is to
come across as an amateur.

- Give them a good commission offer. 60% or higher.
- Have proof to show them your product works. Testimonials, and all that stuff. If you don't have any, give
people free review in exchange for it.
- Share your metrics with them... conversion rates, and previous successes. It builds credibility quickly.

Craig Dawber
04-30-2010, 10:55 AM
This is very true and great advice Dean.

I've found this works great for me and my inner circle swap partners, I have a good grouple of marketers who I swap with on a regular basis and help each other build our lists and our businesses.

What happens then is when one of these inner circle marketers launches a product, they already have guaranteed marketers you have build up trust and a relationship with that will promote for you.

I have a product launch coming up and I know I can count on these marketers to help make it a success :)

The key tip here is to build relationships with other marketers first, help them out where you can and in return they will help you out.

Have a great day!

Craig Dawber

Alminc
05-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the good tips.

What a coincidence. Yesterday I downloaded an excellent report written by Kim Roach
in the War Room at Warrior Forum where she counts approximately the same
tips. Good tips really, and a lot of them. I would recommend anybody who is war room
member to download it, it has got fantastic comments from many warriors.

It's all abot giving something before we can expect to get.

I remember a funny story about the drowning man that I heard from my
grandfather when I was a child.

The man was drowning in a river while one priest, known to be very stingy, was passing by.
The man shouted ' Priest, priest, GIVE me your hand please, I'm drowning!'
But the priest didn't hear him.
The man suddenly remembered that the priest never gives anything to anybody,
and he started to shout ' Priest, TAKE my hand please!' instead.
The priest now heared his words and saved his life by taking his hand.

:)

As the priest from the story, your potential JV partner must feel that he is receiving something from you, before he decides to help you. Except, in this case you must really be giving, you can't trick him.

Almin

Chris Pambos
05-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Perfectly said Dean, leverage the law of reciprocation. Give first before asking, providing something of value and as an act of good will, will you then begin to receive in return.

paul@SimpleOnlineIncome.c
05-15-2010, 02:48 PM
Some great tips here and I shall take them on board as I prepare to build my relationships in the forum.
Also find that visiting IM seminars and networking in the bar/lounge is also a very effective way of building relationships with prospective painters. I have a very productive weekend last week at the event in Bristol where I met, chatted and exchanged contact details with a number of very successful IMers
Paul

shireesh
05-18-2010, 04:58 PM
Great tips from Dean and the other posts on this thread. I agree 100%.

While relationship building is important, some people seem to assume they have to wine and dine potential JV partners or spend several nights in the bar with them before they get into the comfort zone of asking for a JV.

While, those things could help you build a personal rapport, that is not all there is to it. and certainly relationship building can be entirely online too.

The quality of your product, the conversion stats, your professionalism and what you bring to the table definitely do matter. If you bring your skills to the table, that is a great offer to JV partners. But, make no mistake, if your product or sales process is not good, what you offer may not be as attractive to the JV partner.

List owners spend months or years building and nurturing their lists. They want to send offers to their lists that are useful and at the same time provide a great customer experience. Having a great sales and followup process in place goes a long way to assure your potential JV partners that the people they send your way are well taken care of.

These factors become especially important if you are a "No-One".

Jay Vikaz

Chris Woollon
05-19-2010, 05:47 AM
Hey Dean, that is a really great idea, thank you so much for that! I have a web site with an empty page for advertising, so what am I going to offer for a JV? A free ad on my website! Hallellujaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
Thanks again Dean,
Chris Woollon.

Chris Freville
05-20-2010, 04:22 AM
Hey Dean, awesome stuff... I think we were chatting about exactly the same in that bar in Newcastle lol!

Yep, this stuff defo works.... I've seen it time and time again with my own students