PDA

View Full Version : Dominating Google With Pre-Sell Pages - Ten Ninja Tactics

Michael McMillan
02-09-2010, 01:12 AM
1. If you have a pre-sell page you will be using to promote a new product launch, get it up two weeks before the launch date. You will have little competition for the exact product name. If you wait until just a few days before the launch, mom-and-pop type affiliates will come swarming in like locusts and take up valuable Google real estate with their pages.

2. The primary goal of Google? (It's not to make you money!) It's to provide searchers with a quality and satisfying experience. Part of that involves serving up pages of interest to users strongly correlated to searches being done. One way Lady G does this is by looking at the time visitors spend on pages they click on.

If Google serves up your page for a particular search and visitors stay an average of only 6 seconds, Google infers that your page is not what users were looking for when they did their search. Your listing position will suffer. If, on the other hand, the average visitor stays 80 seconds--this tells Google that your page was a good fit with that search and you are rewarded.

How do you keep them on your page? On way is to use a video sales pitch early so that visitors get engaged in the video thus extending their stay time. Another thing is to develop a relationship with visitors. "I was struggling with exactly the same problems you have now!" How many times have you seen something like that on a sales page? Create a connection with your visitors to gain their trust. Or--state a problem you know visitors have and offer to solve that problem for them in just a minute.

The longer visitors stay on your site, the more Google love you will get.

Don't believe this is true. Fine--it just makes my job that much easier to outrank you!

3. Use LSI keywords everywhere. In your pre-sell pages, your articles, your video descriptions, etc. Many people don't believe in LSI--that's fine; most of these folks are sucking my exhaust in the SERPs, especially Google. Trust me, LSI is huge in getting you top listings.

4. Understand and follow my "Google double serving rule" religiously. Religiously, I say! Google will only show two listings from any top-level domain for any particular search. Suppose you've got a pre-sell page you want to create for a product launch. You intend to set up a Squidoo page. Before you waste your time, do a Google search for the exact name of the product and see if any Squidoo lenses currently show. There may be one; there may be two; there may be none--but there will never be more than two! Lady G doesn't want any top level domain dominating the results.

Here is the key: If there are two Squidoo lenses holding positions in the top 20 slots on Google for your search term--YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME TRYING TO GET YOUR SQUIDOO PAGE TO SHOW. Unless you can beat out one of the two lenses already showing, no matter how good yours is--it will never show in Google.

I laugh when I see 200 Squidoo lenses show when doing a Squidoo search for a top Clickbank IM product. Only two of those lenses will show in Google! Those other 198 affiliates should have set up pages on another platform. By the way, if you host your pre-sell page as a WordPress blog on your own domain you completely eliminate this restriction!

5. Push as many of your competitors off the front page of Google as you can. So you get your pre-sell or review page on page one for the exact name of the product you're promoting. Don't sit there gloating! Put up more stuff.

Get a Quizilla, Wetpaint, YouTube, Mixx, Jumptags, Scribd, Blogger, HubPage, Squidoo, eZineArticle etc, page to show as well. Back-link everything. Every time you push a competitor's page off page one you get more prime Google real estate. It's like driving down an interstate right down the centerline and plugging up traffic behind you--that's where you want your competition--behind you!

6. Create various file formats to upload to your hosting accounts. Google can read PowerPoint files, .doc files, PDF files. Create mini-pre-sell pages in these formats and try to get some of them to show in Google. Very few people do this!

7. When you insert your affiliate links into your pre-sell or review pages, surround the links with LSI related keywords that correlate strongly with the name of the product (if you are using the product name as your anchor text).

8. If your promoting a new product launch with a pre-sell page start early. Get it up two weeks before the launch and slowly do social bookmarking building as you go. Get your bookmarking to peak 4-5 days before the launch date.

9. There are certain advantages to setting up review pages for huge IM product launches. The majority of such pages are set up a week before to 3 weeks after the launch. Often, if you can get your pre-sell page to show on the front page of Google by launch day, it will hold its position for a long time with no further work. Part of this is because, unlike other more time-stable niches, an IM launch comes on like gangbusters when the gurus kick out their emails on launch day, but fades after a few weeks--maybe a few months for great products with more traction.

10. Think of getting great listing positions in Google like dating a fine woman. Are you bringing her fine gifts? Are you making a good first impression? Are you coming on too fast? You don't get a second chance to make a good first impression.

Study, study, study--Lady Google will whisper in your ear. She will tell you what she wants--really! Be polite; don't break her rules; act like a gentleman and your efforts will be rewarded!

chris busa
02-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Hey Michael,

This is some great information thanks for this, I am going to use this to my advantage. Yeah one thing I do need to work on though is starting out 2 weeks before a launch rather than a week or less.

thanks again
-Chris

Michael McMillan
02-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Yeah, try that Chris. I think you'll find it's easier to hold a position once you get it early than it is to get a good position later in the launch cycle. Make a million! Good luck Chris. --Mike

mjbacch
04-09-2010, 10:37 AM
Wow, great stuff. I love your advice about treating lady G as a first date. It makes a lot of sense. Also, I think the earlier you can get on page one the more likely you are to stay on page one. Especially if you continue to "feed" the listing page with back links and great content.

Thanks for the post.

Kenneth Yu
04-21-2010, 04:56 AM
Your "Google Double Serving" rule is one of the biggest takeaways I got in a long, long time. Never knew that. That's why Conversation Domination rocks since you place as much unique content on as many web 2.0 sites as I can.

I got 2 more tips to add.

The best money sites I have are those TLDs with the exact keyword phrase I'm targeting in the title. For example, if I want to rank for the keywords "dog training". My site will be dogtraining.com etc. No additional words like "site", "online" etc. Obviously that's easier said than done. But when I find such a TLD I smile, because now I can dominate the SERPS with a fraction of the effort I take to rank for other products.

The other is using plugins like "Indexing Tool" and "Web Traffic Genius". These wordpress plugins help push your site in the SERPS by auto RSS submissions and the like. Obviously you need to use it in conjunction with other backlinking techniques but its 10-15 backlinks a day, per post without any additional effort. Really good for the deep-linking favor Google likes.

Tom Wetherald
04-22-2010, 11:13 PM
Michael,

This is a great post,
You’ve shared some pretty amazing information here.
At the very least, doing all of the work we're going to have an even more successful launch.

Thanks for such an important message.
Tom