PDA

View Full Version : Where to find e free antivirus system?

Christos Stamos
01-15-2010, 05:32 AM
Hi everybody. I am trying to find a free antivirus system for my PC. Can anybody help me with that because my computer is in risk.

Mike Merz
01-15-2010, 09:23 AM
Hmmm ... not the type of question we get very often in this forum, but here goes. ;)

AVAST - www.avast.com and AVG www.avg.com offer the most popular free anti-virus software I know of ... in terms of downloads. I'm sure free versions of Mcafee and Norton are also available, among others. I use a MacBookPro, most of the time ... so it's hasn't really been a concern. ;)

Cheers,

Mike

Christos Stamos
01-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Thank you Mike. I"ll let you know what happens.

Tony Marriott
01-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Absolutely AVG. I have run AVG for years and I heve never had a single virus issue -ever

Bill Ross
01-16-2010, 02:13 PM
Go with AVG! Solid software.
Bill

lanta99
01-19-2010, 08:50 PM
Not sure about AVG, but I used to use Avast and never had any problems with it.

Christos Stamos
01-21-2010, 05:53 AM
Hi my friends. I feel so disappointed because I downloaded the avast antivirus system and my computer just don't work any more. I don't know what happened. I am writing these lines from an Internet cafe next to my home. I 'll be back probably after a few days. I am very sad.

Mike Merz
01-21-2010, 06:54 AM
Hi my friends. I feel so disappointed because I downloaded the avast antivirus system and my computer just don't work any more. I don't know what happened. I am writing these lines from an Internet cafe next to my home. I 'll be back probably after a few days. I am very sad.

Back up, already? You're posting from the same IP Address you've had since you joined ... cafe must be really close to home. ;)

Cheers,

Mike

Christos Stamos
01-23-2010, 05:03 PM
It really is close to my house. But I have another notebook too, and since my Internet connection has been blocked when I downloaded the antivirus system I needed a place like that Mike. Anyway I think anybody who wants to download a free antivirus system must be very carefull. Especially with that avast free version. I am back now.

Cheers

Christos

TonyBrown
03-09-2010, 04:29 PM
avg great lil number

Shaun Lee
03-15-2010, 07:52 AM
Avast! and/or AVG is good.

Or maybe just do a Google search. You never know what you get. ;)

-Shaun

Berny Marsden
03-15-2010, 01:07 PM
I've used AVG for years & I swear by it (after 30+ years in the business). It's as good if not better than the paid-for Mcaffee etc and performs better & faster. Plus you can schedule it to scan your hard drive daily whilst you are asleep and then automatically shut down the pc. :-).
p.s. I also use the free zone alarm and Spybot.

visualartist49
03-24-2010, 08:00 PM
Sounds like you have a bigger problem on your hands. You may have to reformat your drive. There is a site you can check (I don't have the URL), but I believe it's called Malware Bytes and you can use what's on that site to fix your computer.

TonyBrown
03-28-2010, 05:35 AM
You may want to have a look at a good system in "spybot" search and destroy"
Irecon that that is good enough...

MichaelCarter
05-12-2010, 06:30 AM
Why not take it to a computer repair shop...there might have been a problem also concerning the hardware..... just a suggestion...

Jeffrey Dean
06-30-2010, 02:42 PM
yeah I highly highly doubt its anything Avast or AVG related.