PDA

View Full Version : Hello my nam is Justin Caesar and I have a question regarding website informatio

tryhg25367
12-14-2009, 03:40 AM
I am trying to sign up to promote a product that is launching 4 weeks away from today's date. While signing up I noticed that they asked me for a website information. I don't have a website and I want to know what type of website do I have to have to get accepted to promote the product? Can someone please answer this for me.

tajinder
12-16-2009, 01:13 PM
what they mean is a website or blog that you will use to pre-sell to your prospects before sending them to the sales page.you can just setup a wordpress blog.it is very easy and just take a few minutes to install.

go buy a domain name 1st for your blog at godaddy or name cheap.then get hosting from hostgator.take the unlimited domain name hosting package so that you could use same hosting package for several different websites.you can search on the internet for hostgator coupon codes.

then install wordpress blog and add some content like about yourself.once you setup the blog apply as an affiliate to the program that you wanted and provide them the url of your domain name.once you are approve go write a blog post about the product review or make a video review.

then start driving traffic during the pre-launch of the product.since it is 4 weeks away,you have sufficient time to prepare yourself.hope that helps you.

regards
jess gill

Robert Kimsey
12-16-2009, 01:39 PM
Justin

I guess the big question here is what type of product are you launching? Is this a product that you created or is it an affiliate product? The way that you will want to promote it really revolves around the product. I know people that don't have a website and they promote Lot's of products. On this particular forum though most of the participants either have a product of their own to promote and are looking for partners or they are looking for products to promote via their various marketing methods.

I'm probably not being of much help here but more information might help to get you on the right track. I would hate to recommend you build a web site, buy domains or build a bunch of blogs if they are not going to help you promote your product properly or effectively.

Just a comment from a new member but an old marketer

Bob Kimsey
The Vhiper Network

karthik Ramani
12-16-2009, 06:29 PM
@ Bob

I think justin was asking about a form asking him to enter his website information while signing up to promote a product as a JV partner and i don't think he is launching the product on his own.

@Justin

You don't need a website to promote some one Else's product. You can promote through any means you want.
There are a lot of ways to promote apart from a website like social networking , PPC campaigns , lists etc.
So i don't think the product owner will want partners who will promote only through websites.

May be that product creator might have needed that information to may be give you a review copy or to know about the JV partner who is promoting that product and it might not be a mandatory field.

Thanks
Karthik Ramani

Mike Merz
12-16-2009, 07:15 PM
A common method merchants use to discourage the simply curious that usually lack either the true desire or actual ability to follow through and make sales is to ask for additional qualifiers like list size, web site, or proof of past performance hoping that those that actually can sell will wind up registering ... and those that can't won't bother jumping the additional hurdles.

On the front page of JVNP ... and in the New Product Launch Announcements, we feature upcoming launches that are either being featured as Premium Mailings (JV Invite) and available to all JVNP partners, or additional launches with clients of mine that are not being featured ... but I am still taking JV Requests and passing pre-qualified candidates on to them. The funny thing is, even though I have an asterisk(*) at the end of JV Request* which leads down to the following:

"New Product Launch Announcements Marked JV Request* are closed programs that require proof of prior ability to convert multiple sales in the niche and at the ticket level of the product being being promoted. Qualified candidates … please fill out this form, with your first and last name, best email address, subject= JV Request-the name of the launch you wish to promote, and proof of appropriate past performance. Please do not bother submitting a request without including all of the aforementioned."

... I still get email after email through the contact form with incorrect request format and info. :P

Anyhoo ... when a merchant asks for these qualifiers, he's not necessarily saying that you need them to be successful, just that they assume you have them if you are ... IMHO.

Cheers,

Mike

webincomestream
12-21-2009, 08:48 AM
Totally agree. Many site owners (especially CPA Networks) put up hurdles and Wordpress is a great vehicle to solve most, if not all the problems. With WP and once you have your domain name and hosting, a WP blog can be set up in an hour or so, complete with content.

Especially with CPA Newtorks, but about any site owner will accept a general blog that berands yorself or appears as a general marketing blog as a viable site. Regards, Ed