PDA

View Full Version : This is my first post I hope it Good One.

c4rves
12-10-2009, 04:04 PM
Hi there,

This is my first post I hope it Good One.

Is it better to launch a product around the Christmas period, or wait till the New Year has past?

Give some good response,

It’s Open.

Thanks c4rves

Obadiah Roszman
12-10-2009, 05:23 PM
I think it depends if its ready for launch, what target market is, and other factors as well.
Product description??

Mike Merz
12-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Hey, Tim.

First of all, if you're considering a JV fueled launch ... and you haven't already recruited your JV partners by now, you're already starting out in the hole if you plan on launching around the holidays. For the most part, the more potentially productive the partner ... the longer lead time they are going to need to book mailings. I honestly think you should hit your perceived core partners (the 20% of partners you estimate will bring in 80% or more of your JV sales) at least 4 weeks or more prior to launch.

If you do have everything ready to go, you have 2 things going for you ... and a few against.

The first thing you have going fo you is less competition ... the 2nd may or may not be true, that folks are in a 'spending mood' this time of year (at least until the CC bills come through in January). On the flip side, prospects and potential JV partners often take time off around the holidays ... and some get downright offended if you try to sell to them on a holiday. Focus is a bit different, and I believe the IM market becomes more volatile.

Long story short, in my opinion ... if you have everything set to go, and you want to launch just prior to Christmas Day, or in between Christmas in New Years Day ... give it a shot, but don't do it (IMHO) if it's a major launch for you. Simply too risky for me ... but that's me. ;)

Cheers,

Mike

PS

As Obie mentioned ... the target market matters, as well. My views are in regards to the general IM market.

c4rves
12-12-2009, 08:37 AM
Hi there Obadiah. Just a bit of touching up needed on the project but I haven’t started to create buzz yet, yes it is in the im market.

c4rves
12-12-2009, 08:37 AM
Hi there Mike great tips. I love your turn on “folks are in a spending mood”. I wouldn’t launch a product with out creating buzz I was just throwing the general questions out there. You also made a grate point about the cc bills coming in January. I think that waiting for a month after Christmas sound better, as it would be more of a success and give people time to reload there wallets. Keep up the good work Mike.  :)

Obadiah Roszman
12-20-2009, 11:11 AM
Tim, I recently heard (from a launch Manager)that April is the slowest month for launches ???
Don't know if it's true or not but something worth keeping in mind,
if you want less competition during your launch.

Would love to hear more about your product
got any details,
if you don't want to give it all out here, PM me
Let me know if you need any help.
All the best...

Blu Thunder
12-21-2009, 07:17 PM
With regards to a holiday launch. Does anyone consider a launch to what was said about the credit card bills coming in after? Would people be looking for a way to pay these bill or ways to make some money to pay these bills?

What I'm trying to say is launching products at the beginning of the new year when people are looking to make extra cash, is this a good idea.

Any help on how I would go about this? :-\

Charles

Rhonda Giarraffa
12-21-2009, 10:20 PM
You may want to consider doing a soft launch for a test. While I agree the power hitters out there are pretty much finished with the email abuse for now, there are a few hungry ones as well that will support you if your product kicks butt.

Ask a few folks that are in deep to give your sales page a once over. If it has the right elements for a no brainer type of sale, you may get a few bites.

Usually launches take a lot of planning before a holiday. We look at what is coming out a few months ahead of time so we can plan the drop in the bucket.

With IM product launches it is that much more of a compete with the seasoned veterans that are giving tons of stuff away with the free line push around the holidays.

With that said, If you believe you have something HOT HOT HOT... Go for it. Also make sure if you are looking to grab the affiliate rock stars out there, your affiliate management is in place.

You never want to piss off the affiliates with glitch in a system. I personally just got a sting on a launch and may lose few customers over it. :'(

Such is life for the affiliates ;D

Best of everything to you and I hope you totally kill it with your launch!

If you want I will look at it.

Rhonda G.

Bob Crawford
12-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Some great advice here... planning is the key, knowing what your target niche is spending and when they are spending it. I'm in the self improvement / law of attraction niches and December / January is prime time for personal growth. You are being bombarded with weight loss, gyms, bowflex, coaching, you name it... Not every niche has well defined buying habits, but with a good hook you can overcome the time of year.

Peace,
Bob Crawford
Success coach, speaker,
creator of Growing Your SELF!