PDA

View Full Version : Help with a launch

MoneyLizard
11-23-2009, 02:07 PM
I've tried building a list with not much success, I tried promoting a few JV launches from this forum, and made a couple sales, but I just don't seem to have the selling power that most users have on this forum.

So I have decided to create a product of my own. It's basically a Direct Sales business information, plan, spreadsheets, templates and everything needed to launch and succeed with direct sales, which is what I have years of experience in.

So how can I go about getting people with these huge lists to promote my product to their lists or what not? I haven't helped much with their launches, even though I have tried many. Is there any way for a little guy like myself to be able to have a big launch with my first product or am I just basically left with no help to just list my product on clickbank and hope for some sales?

This product is pretty unique as it is not internet marketing really, its all about direct sales businesses such as Pampered Chef, Scentsy, Avon, Mary Kay, Lia Sophia, etc. I thought of the idea when I was looking for some affiliate products to sell on my new blog (directsalesresource.com).

Any assitance or ideas for me out there?

Thanks in advance!

Chris Douthit
11-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Hi MoneyLizard,

If your question is how do you get someone with a huge list to promote your product, you’re probably just out of luck, you’re not going to be able to do it. Someone with a large list puts out a product each week, no one with a huge list is going to promote your product when you cannot return the favor to them.

I would recommend start today building your list. Ask smaller marketers, people with your size or slightly larger to promote for you. Set up some squeeze pages. After a year or so you may just have a large enough list to get some big marketers to support you.

Rob Toth
11-24-2009, 04:25 AM
"I would recommend start today building your list. Ask smaller marketers, people with your size or slightly larger to promote for you. Set up some squeeze pages."

Yup. Chris' point is dead on...

That being said, how big of a deal YOU (ie: your name) is, isn't the important part... a brand name (of success) carries a bit of weight in that a super affiliate knows that their product will likely convert better because (1) they have proven success creating/launchign products (2) they have an established brand name in the marketplace and a loyal following.

Random You doesn't get to enjoy these benefits.

However, every one of those top marketers and house-hold names also started as "little guy". They got creative... they dealt primarily with C-Rank marketers and smaller promotions, they over-delivered, they worked extra hard and they continually worked to build relationships with top alliances (the established players).

And you also have to accept that no matter how much YOU care about your product, an intermediate - experienced marketer has an endless list of product promotion options. They probably have products in the works (like Chris mentioned), a good dozen plus products that are on the to do list for their back-end, a 101 of their own product ideas that they'll likely never be able to act on, close alliances with other top publishers and THEIR products etc....

And the "little guy" mindset is something you should go ahead and shake right now. It's pointless. It's a mental image you place on something that's irrelevant. Not ONE succesful entrepreneur STARTED as "the big guy". So your story isn't unique (at least not that part). If you don't want to be the "little guy", simply follow some of the above or whatever path you choose, work through the paces, bring value to the marketplace, work even more and soon others will be wondering how little-old-them can land a co-promotion with you.

thinkbig
11-24-2009, 05:21 PM
Yes--everyone wants the "shortcut" to get all the top guys to blast to their lists because it's no secret that can make you a fortune overnight...

The reality is, think of it this way--focus on what YOU can do to help others 1st. (I know, this is not sexy or exciting but it is the "trick"). If you are at level "C" now--say just getting started--you want to find people a notch above you and forget the big dogs for now. Look for "B" level marketers and reach out to see how you can help them--promote their stuff without needing something in return.

The quickest way to get noticed is to make money for and promote other people's stuff. But if you aim too high, you'll never make a dent because the leaderboard is packed with gurus. For smaller marketers you can make them some good money. Then ask them to help you once you've helped them.

That will give you some momentum. Then move up another notch--you have to "work your way up" by gaining influence and market power 1 step at a time. Before you know it, you'll get there.

One key point--attend as many conferences as possible and MEET people in person. There is no substitute for that. That doesn't mean attack everyone with your pitch--just get to know people and again focus on how YOU can help and before you know it you'll have people lining up to help you.

Hope this helps!

-Brett

P.S. If you listen to the gurus' stories, they almost always talk about how they helped everyone else before asking for anything, despite the fact that everyone thinks they did it overnight...