PDA

View Full Version : Need a JV Broker

yamahafzr
11-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Hey guys, I am new here and found this site using google while looking for a JV broker for my first product launch. I am going to be making a 47$/month membership site that is just a weekly video by me on a different way to make money. The site will be completed shortly and I want to have a big launch of this product. If anyone is interested in going into this launch with me then let me know. Please note that I am not asking for consulting, and am asking for a jv partner to go into this launch with.

Shane

Rob Toth
11-28-2009, 11:28 PM
Hey Shane...

I gotta be bold here for a second since we've spoken...

THIS is your first mistake:

>> Please note that I am not asking for consulting,

What you do indeed need is proper sales strategy (I know this from our conversation), feedback on product development and just about everything else. You're new, that's great, we all start at square 1 but right now you don't bring much to the table to be a good bet for a JV.

That being said, membership programs in fact, all sorts of products in IM are a dime a dozen. What makes yours special? Meaning special enough for this:

>> I want to have a big launch of this product.

For a big launch, you need a seriously special offering. Your concept, product setup. sales funnel. salescopy are all under par.

I tell you this because I had someone else curse me out because they just wanted a copywriter... yet when their already dead product flopped, they put the blame on why I didn't steer them in the right direction and give them advice.

IM is hyper competitive.

You're new. Your product is under par. Your sales funnel is non existent. Your sales copy is weak and your launch inexperience is very evident. Again, not to be rude but to be blunt. Meaning your entire offer is dead in the water. Anyone who promotes it right now would see such low conversions that they'd question ever promoting another product of yours (or certainly unless you come out with proof and a stellar offer).

THAT is the real world. Not "I thought up a product, slapped up a page and am ready for a 7-figure launch".

So if that's the reality... then why do you believe you have a strong enough offer for a JV and a "big launch"?

As rude, arrogant or negative as this may all seem... in my books, it's needed. I'd hate to see you be one of the many statistics of wishful thinkers who think the IM market is easy cash. A mediocre offer, basic sales funnel, D-grade salescopy etc can fly in smaller or untapped niches... but if you want to jump right in and compete against the heavy weights, you better be bringing A game. And this certainly doesn't qualify.

It's also why I recommend to clients to start in a niche... I mean it's like a surfer going into the biggest waves on their first day or a boxer fighting the Golden Gloves as his first fight.

And I left out the most obvious point...

You were asking me some basic questions (questions and feedback and advice is seeking consulting, by the way) ... and I know this is your first launch and your first real product endeavour. So the most obvious point would be how does that qualify you to teach others to make money??

Fair question, right?

Anyways, I wish you nothing but the best of life and success in the future. And this product can help you cut your teeth, so it's great that you're taking action. Make sure you learn the lessons along the way and then flip that into bigger and better releases... but this offer itself would surprise me at $5k gross, let alone a "big launch" (let alone questioning the value to the end user).

Keep on keeping on though. This isn't me being a naysayer. You're young... in just a few years you could build an empire larger than men 3 times your age. But be aware that if you want to fight in the Golden Gloves ring, stepping in with THIS will just get you beat up.

citrus
11-29-2009, 08:54 PM
Hey Rob,

You know what's funny? Right after reading your post, I had two thoughts:

1) "Holy freaking crap...that was freaking brilliant." and

2) "Rob should write a report or something...that would be pretty freaking sweet".

Well...looks like you read my mind on that second point (or did I read yours...?) :P

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to write this insightful and politely blunt report. You could have easily charged for it and I for one would've been happy to pay for it.

For everyone who isn't on Rob's list, get on it, and also go here to download the free report:
http://www.robthegenietoth.com/

(hope you don't mind, Rob :P)

Curtis

Rob Toth
11-30-2009, 01:57 AM
Curtis... thanks and thanks!

Shane, I'd encourage you to read that 20-page report. I sincerely believe it can help you.

yamahafzr
11-30-2009, 06:02 PM
Hey Rob,

I actually did read the report and you made a lot of assumptions.

First off, you keep stating how I am under qualified to be teaching ways to make money, when this was never even something we discussed.
I pull in about $1000 a week from a few different methods, so I believe I am qualified to teach them.

Second, you make it sound like I don't want input from anyone else. I would love input and advice that can help me.
The reason I don't want to pay for consulting is because I don't want some "hot-shot guru" to charge me an unbelievable amount of money just to get some advice from him then have him walk away never to hear from him again. I would much rather go into a JV with someone so that their advice and idea's turn into profit for both of us, making an incentive for them to help me the most possible. If your info is worth as much as you charge you'd make a hell of a lot more going into a JV of a product, so that always keeps me a little skeptical about "consulting."

Third, I told you that the site was not completed and I was still working on it. I just moved it to a dedicated server and have made a decent amount of updates to the landing page, and the members area is almost done.

Fourth, what makes mine special? The fact that it will be coming from a 16 year old kid. This is a major selling point that I have used time and time again.

Fifth, how do you know my product is under par? I sent you a quickly put together sample video of what my weekly videos will look like. I have spent the past few days creating "basics" videos and setting up PowerPoint's for some of the first few weeks video's.

And on a side note, my first time surfing was in a hurricane and I'd have to say I did damn well. =)

When I have kids I can tell them there was an e-book written about me.

I appreciate the time you put into writing that report, although you probably made it just to make more money, cause lets be honest... none of us are "just nice guys."

Chris Douthit
12-01-2009, 03:08 AM
So Shane, you are only 16? Can you tell me what site you are talking about?

yamahafzr
12-01-2009, 06:46 AM
I am also waiting on 2 testimonials to be recorded for the LP

Rob Toth
12-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Shane, I wrote an informative report which dozens have already commented on and appreciated.

I wrote it about "Tim".

And it's free. Direct download. No optin. No purchase. So: "although you probably made it just to make more money, " ... doesn't really come into play, does it?

Don't know if you feel everyone's "out to get you" or looking to squeeze every dollar. That may have been your experience. Maybe my glasses are a little more rose-colored. But that report was indeed written to benefit the MANY Tim's.

But this point is worth addressing:

"If your info is worth as much as you charge you'd make a hell of a lot more going into a JV of a product, so that always keeps me a little skeptical about "consulting.""

No ... apparently that makes you A LOTTA skeptical about "consulting".

A JV requires a time investment. TIME is worth more than money. So now, you decide.. would you invest money carelessly, hoping that the other party with no proven track record and nothing solid under their belt will come through? So why would you throw away time on a bad investment?

Go find a boxing coach and have him work with you 1-on-1 with the promise that you will one day be the boxer who lands the big endorsement deals and you'll cut him in on it 50/50. Go see if you can JV your way into any specialized knowledge based on "the future that might be". It's possible. Happens all the time... but the deal needs to look attractive to the other party as well, not just you.

This isn't about me or you. But the above question is worth considering... if someone just came to you and asked you to put in your time into THEIR project and didn't present themselves well enough to make it any sort of a good opportunity, why would YOU decide to JV.

My generic point in the report still stands. If you want a JV, you need to present the opportunity a lot stronger. That's not aimed at YOU as it makes no hair of a difference to me how you operate in your business, that's just a general tip.

There are literally thousands of JVs like your "proposal", what makes yours unique? So far you said that it comes from a 16-year-old. Sorry, that is a credibility issue to me not a benefit.

Come to the potential distribution channel and strategy partner with a mind boggling great concept, professional presentation, proven conversions and I *BET* they'll be quick to discuss JVs with you.

No point in investing your limited time with a reply (unless it's for your benefit)... as I won't revisit this topic because it seems you have taken the input personally. I'd recommend you don't take it personally, but take it seriously. "Tim's" case is all too common. So can call yourself "Tim" if you prefer and think that I sat down just to write a report about YOU, but you just happened to be one of many Tim's in a series who all tried to pitch a similar weak proposal and all had the same beginner flaws.

Best of success Shane! Regardless of whatever skeptical movie you might be playing in your head... the input was meant as FREE useful advice (that's what you wanted in the first place, no)? But I delivered it in a leveraged way so that many Tim's could benefit. If you didn't find the input useful, well then I'm sorry that the report wasted your time.

yamahafzr
12-01-2009, 03:59 PM
I stopped reading after the second line. You specifically quoted my post in your "report", and used it as an example for everything.

For everyone else the JV opportunity still stands, and sample videos should be available soon.

Chris Douthit
12-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Rob, the guy is only 16. You have some valid points, but that’s a little harsh. Shane I give you some credit for getting in the game as early as you did.

Stay on the forums, fix mistakes so you never remake them, take advice from others and you will be well on your way.

citrus
12-01-2009, 06:57 PM
Shane,

You say you're open to input and yet, you're not listening to Rob's. Are you only looking for us to say things which will make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, or are you open to criticism as well?

Rob's advice (and report) was not harsh - it just seemed that way because he found so many holes in your project. Whether or not he was wrong on a couple points doesn't matter - the fact of the matter is that you're not keeping an open mind right now.

Having a closed mind is precisely why so many people fail online. They whine about the gurus, they whine about all the affiliate promotions they get in their inboxes, they think it's a scam when they get pitched on something....it's because they're stuck in a negative frame of mind.

On the other hand, having an open mind and a willingness to accept instruction will open many doors for you. When an expert like Rob takes time out of their day to give you well-deserved advice, it's total foolishness to ignore it.

Let's not even talk about the opportunities that are lost when you don't network properly :o

Curtis

yamahafzr
12-01-2009, 07:12 PM
This is the last thing I am posting regarding his report. It is not relevant to the thread any longer.
His advice...

Learn about the market you are going to teach before you teach it. I am already making about 1k a week from my methods.

It's impossible to have a successful making money online launch unless you are a guru

Yes, I could increase my pitch and present it better... taking that into account

Buy his consulting

My product needs to cure cancer

His advice was basically stop developing because you have no shot... unless you pay me.

To be honest I was a little insulted while reading it because he made complete assumptions about me. I am open to all input about the product.

All posts about his report after this will be ignored. I want to keep the thread based on the JV.

citrus
12-01-2009, 11:59 PM
Great attitude :)

Who's making assumptions now...

Hilma Volk
01-25-2010, 05:00 AM
For everyone who isn't on Rob's list, get on it, and also go here to download the free report:
http://www.robthegenietoth.com/
If anyone still follows this thread - which report on the page are you talking about?