PDA

View Full Version : Video Spokesperson

Shane O Driscoll
11-05-2009, 07:45 AM
Hey Everyone,

Just wondering what your opinion on a video spokesperson is?

From your experience, do they increase conversions?

Or is the answer simply to test, test and test?

smplylvn
11-05-2009, 11:35 PM
I just tried adding my first video to a page I made. The video is pretty ruff but I just have to believe that after the money Google spent to buy YouTube there must be some weight in using videos. So in my opinion using a Video Spokesperson is a good idea. I ma very interested to see more posts on this issue.

Jeff

GlennGrundberg
11-06-2009, 10:36 AM
Hey Shane!

The short answer here, is the last line of your post: Test, Test, Test.

Here's the long one :D

I have had great success with using a VO artist to do the actual face-time on camera, but it totally depends on the product. If the product and affiliated business organization is tightly tied to YOU personally, then it's NOT a good idea, and may very well drive down conversions.

The perception can be that you have something to hide, you see.

Now in the case of a larger organization where people understand that the nominal Owner has staff, etc., it can be a very powerful thing, and often increases response as people may perceive the use of a "spokesman" as lending authority to the overall business elan, and that can be a very GOOD thing.

Case in point, is what I do for Peter Drew: He rarely goes on camera- I usually speak FOR him, and that works very,very well for us. Could be I'm just a more glib and facile liar...

I'M JUST KIDDING!!

Seriously, sometimes it's easier and more powerful to make a case for a product as a third party- but the thing to do is look carefully at the product and business, and ask yourself; "Would having a spokesman lend weight to this... or appear evasive?"

But the bottom line is... TEST.

Hope that helps!

Gman

Vincent Sparreboom
11-15-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm thinking of adding them to my stores too. There was a great deal on the WF and I might give it a try. I've read some test about it a while back and it should work great. I'll post my results up here.