PDA

View Full Version : Sell! (lazy won't get you anywhere)

Rob Toth
10-31-2009, 06:47 PM
This post is brought to you by an increase in the number of lazy solicitations I get.

Either it's a Skype message or email or voicemail asking me to promote a new product (ie: an affiliate recruiting soliciation or so-called "JV invite")...

Or it's a pitch to have me take part as a 50/50 partner (profits only, which, by the way... I don't do) in a "new product launch".

Or it's a top marketer saying "our xyz new report is live now! ... Go, go go! Here's the link ______"

Lazy!

and ... more importantly.... INEFFECTIVE.

Let's get something very straight (and I'll drive this home with brute force if I have to because it's a MAKE OR BREAK factor in your launch success)...

If you and I (or, more importantly, you and the individual you're trying to get to take action) don't have some sort of pre-established, 100% loyal, mutual respect and loving bond (ie: unless we're best buddies)... you need to SELL me on taking that action.

Again, I use "me" but this applies to all the super affiliates you're trying to recruit, the bloggers you want to recruit, the subscribers you want to take action, the service providers you're trying to milk...

Sending a "hey, I figured you might want to make big bucks. Here's a link with details _______" type email will get you nowhere.

So why do it?

When a little more creativity and an actual PITCH could result in fantastic conversions (for aff recruiting, click throughs or whatever).

That all being said...

I do want to send a sincere thank you to everyone who ALREADY KNOWS ALL THIS or has now read this, thought about it, agrees with it... yet will continue to send pathetic solicitation attempts. It's "competition" like you that often makes this much too easy. So thank you!

(Seriously though, if you and your "target" are not already best buddies, a lazy cookie-cutter, self-hype, bland email definitely won't get you results so why waste your time or theirs.)

OH... and this ties in with credibility too...

Everyone can have a "big idea" and think their product will be the next $4million dollar launch ... but if the initial communications show a me, me, me and big exaggerations and wishful thinking and not even a remotely effective pitch... it tells me right there this product will flop because the person behind it can't get serious enough and smart enough to execute it well no matter how GREAT their product may be.

citrus
11-01-2009, 12:07 PM
Hey Rob,

Good post. Would you mind promoting my new product for a 50/50 split? It's going to be a $4 million launch *at least* and all you need to do is press send. Trust me, this is going to be the biggest launch in the history of the world.

Thanks,
Curtis

stiqan
11-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Yeah, this is common... I try to find "key players" and really bond with them for at least a few weeks. Unfortunately sometimes you'll just not be able to promote everything you get on your table.

A good product helps too though, or at least one that fits... Like I get "website flipping offers" and "make money with adsense"... My list has nothing to do with it.. product creation and affiliate marketing + traffic generation..

- Chris

Rob Toth
11-17-2009, 05:48 PM
Chris... in fact you did a great job of this.

Added me on Skype.

Quick hello.

We each got back to work... no big 30-minute bonding session needed.

And I promise, I noticed your 2 links in your Skype status.

Now I know your name, saw your links (didn't check the pages but that's not the point) ...

Had you tried to add using a "I have a new Free Traffic method product, here's the aff link, please add me as a contact". No way I would have approved it.

And vice versa, I'd want nothing less from somebody else. I'm obviously in marketing too. So a lot of the relationship building I do is for 1) fun but 2) profit. But I aim on being "human" first.