PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for membership sites , payment gateways for product launch.

karthik Ramani
10-30-2009, 04:59 PM
I been trying to work on membership sites for my product launch for the past two months , but i havent found out any exclusive resource for new product creators guiding them on selecting a membership site according to the product requirements and also a payment gateway. So suggestions from experienced marketers will definitely be a great resource .

I have seen some of the suggestions given by mike merz for membeship sites like amember , infusion soft . I looked at many of the features and i see selecting a membership script is based on that particular product which we are selling for example Butterfly Marketing Handles OTOs very well. But doesnt have clickbank recurring integrated . amember doesnt have OTO and works little differently , and with respect to payment gateway though paypal is widely used clickbank will be preferred by many JV Partners as its reliable than a product creator manually paying out after the end of each month and paypal blocking all of sudden when more money floods to your account. So if the gurus out here can share their experiences with each of these it will be of a great resource for us. Looking forward to hear back your experiences.

Thanks & Regards,
Karthik Ramani

Chris Douthit
10-30-2009, 07:51 PM
I using MembersGear.com for my next product launch. It wont work for you if you only interested in ClickBank. MembersGear integrates directly with PayGear and updates your affiliate listing automatically. One time offers or very easy to set up in MembersGear as well. You can do rotating login pages and they have video set up tutorials as well.

Best of all its free to use. I downloaded it just to check it out and it turns out I liked it a lot so I went with it.

karthik Ramani
10-30-2009, 10:56 PM
Thanks Chris for your info. But is that the right URL ?

Also with respect to having clickbank alone as the payment gateway. We set the commission percentage directly in clickbank so if we want to give a higher percentage to JV Partners than normal affiliates how does that work actually , it cant be done automated right. May be we given them a different link and track commissions for that link and pay out normal affiliates out manually by cheque.

Thanks & Regards,
Karthik Ramani

Chris Douthit
10-31-2009, 01:29 AM
Opps, sorry Karthik, I had the URL wrong, its www.membersgear.com

If you want to give different payouts for different affiliates that can be done in any system. Just set up a standard affiliate payout, and then set up a second section of the site with a higher payout. Then give the higher commission affiliate link to those VIP affiliates you want to receive the higher commission.

karthik Ramani
10-31-2009, 02:51 AM
Thanks Chris for the URL.

Yes i agree that we can give out two affiliates links with different percentages and track the referral individually. But say when i don't want to pay out using paypal or cheque. Since am handling the payment through clickbank i prefer i just get the clickbank id from both affiliates and JV Partners and construct a separate HOP Link for them with different percentages so clickbank takes care of the funds disbursal and also both the JV Partners and affiliates will prefer that. Since CB allows only single percentage to be set for a product how do we overcome this. Please let me know. Thanks

Thanks & Regards,
Karthik Ramani

Chris Douthit
10-31-2009, 02:34 PM
If you’re set on using clickbank… well this is one of the limitations clickbank has. The only way I can really think to do it is to set up 2 separate clickbank accounts for the same product. Put your standard payout in the marketplace and not to list your higher percentage payout, instead inform your VIP affiliates of the second program manually.

That’s actually not a very good solution, because your VIP affiliates are going to push your product up in the marketplace, so not listing your best selling product is a poor idea. However if you list the higher program everyone is going to promote that higher payout program and there really would be no point to having the other standard program.

I don’t really think there is a feasible way of having 2 different payouts for a clickbank product.

karthik Ramani
11-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Thanks Chris for your suggestion. I am still working on a solution . May be add the same as a different product but the landing page for that will be on a different page in the domain and track both individually. Anyways Thanks for your suggestion. I will update you if i find a better solution.

Thanks & Regards,
Karthik Ramani

Linda Brown
11-08-2009, 06:25 PM
2Chris - Wow, great information. Thanks a lot!!!!

Linda Brown
11-08-2009, 07:11 PM
2Chris - one more question
You mentioned that membersgear is good for CB launch.
But... they accept payments only via PayGear (Authorize, Paypal and Google Checkout).
Any comments on that?

By the way membersgear is complete clone of Amember! Trust me. :-)

Lovina
11-12-2009, 07:44 AM
Hi,

Last year I used DAP ( Digital Access Pass ), from my experience, it well perform.

My site is closed now but since I am in the developers list, he keep updating his product and from what I look it getting better.

Why don't you check it? The price is really friendly too.

Not going to promote a product here :)

Thanks

Linda Brown
11-14-2009, 02:12 PM
2Marleno
thanks...
However price is really very high for DAP....

Barry Hurst
11-15-2009, 07:07 AM
I've just used clickbank for my membership site, so I will see how it goes. I have a OTO and recurring billing all setup.

Regards
Barry

stephenchua
11-16-2009, 12:12 AM
Barry, can you advise what is the software you use to run your membership site?

stephen