PDA

View Full Version : When to start promoting a new product?

smplylvn
10-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Hey everyone,

When is the best time to start promoting a new product, during the pre-launch period or the day of the launch?

I know that there are typically pre-launches the week before the actual product is released, but I guess I do not exact understand how that works.

Lets say you start promoting a product on pre-launch day that is a clickbank product. Are your leads still tracked and if the customer purchases after the product is launched do you get the sale?

Any advise on this would be greatly appreciated. I have been watching the posts about the new products and I am just trying to fully understand the procedure?

Thanks!

Jeff

Fairus Farok
10-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Hey there Jeff,

Personally, I think the best time to promote the product is actually as early as possible prior to the launch. This means that you start marketing whatever product you're promoting as early as possible to build up hype and anticipation of the product to your list. This will also enable you to lock in as many potential customers through your link before anyone else begins to promote the product.

But that doesn't mean that you cannot promote the product closer to launch day, or even after launch day. Yes you can, but it might take abit extra effort to see results.

I hope this helps :D

Cheers
Fairus Farok

Searchnology
11-01-2009, 02:07 PM
I personally think it depends on your track record as a merchant. If it is your first product then no one has an idea of the conversion rates, return rates etc. In this scenario, I'd let the product run a while in the market to understand the metrics and share those with the JV announcement.

If you have launched products before you have some historical experience so people are willing to jump on board with metrics sight unseen, especially if your previous product was a success.

karthik Ramani
11-02-2009, 02:27 AM
Dear Jeff,

Even when you send out your referral link before launch , the referral will be tracked by clickbank and even any affiliate link will track the referral . How this works is usually a cookie is set on your browser . Click bank cookies usually remain good for 60 days and other referral link cookies are based on how they programmed it... The thing is the referral hold good only when the same browser is used for purchase.. and with respect to promoting you can promote as soon as you sign up as JV Partner as its always better to promote a product well ahead than somebody does. Hope this helps..

Thanks & Regards,
Karthik Ramani

jhornung
11-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Jeff,

If you're working as an affiliate you'll want to promote to your list a couple of times leading up to the pre-launch phase and then heavily during the pre-launch building up to the launch date.

Jason

Chris Douthit
11-02-2009, 06:11 PM
It really depends on how large of a launch it is. If you really want to drive sales to this site you want to get your list excited about the up coming release. Start promoting a week or so in advance, you could even do a couple of weeks if you like.

Make sure your list knows this is something special and that they need to get involved as soon as the site goes live. As soon as the site does go live make sure they know now is the time to strike.

You then want to follow up a couple of days later with another email for those who have put the purchase off. Remind them they need to act fast and give them a reason to do so.

smplylvn
11-03-2009, 01:01 AM
So now let me ask this and see if I can be a little more specific to my situation.

I just got started and I have less than fifty people on my mailing list. So I don't really have to many people to send the pre-launch material too. Let me throw this out and see what you think.

Could I use the pre-launch as a way to build my list? Could I just put an opt-in box on my site then on the day of launch send them the link via email. Or if I go this route would I be better to have the thank you page be the affiliate link, but keep following up until the launch.

I would like to keep building my list while still focusing on the affiliate product I am promoting.

Thanks everyone for your responses!

Jeff

Chris Douthit
11-03-2009, 01:45 AM
You can insert an opt-in box on your site until launch day. Give the visitors a reason to opt-in, give them early bird free report or something of this nature.

Also make sure if affiliates send you visitors in prelaunch your site cookies their machine so the affiliate still receives credit for the sale even if they come back to your site when you send them the email that you are now live on launch day.

Shane O Driscoll
11-05-2009, 07:34 AM
Build up excitement around the product, let them know how it has benefited you and if you can create a video around why they should get the product.

I do not like promoting something that I can not back up.