PDA

View Full Version : JV Prize: Group Exotic Vacation (your thoughts?)

Greg Jacobs
10-06-2009, 01:01 PM
So we just putting together our JV prizes for the "Big One" coming up soon and we have 90% decided to scrap the same-ole-same-ole (who needs another macbook) and actually just fly the top 7 JV's to Thailand (where we live) for a 1 week intensive .... (whatever you do in thailand)

Figure this will have the double effect of motivating JV's with a prize that money can't buy. . (as the top ones can already afford their own macbooks and ipods) (and since we have lived here for sometime and playing personal tour guide, it wont be your normal vacation)

And will allow for deeper relationship and community building among the winners.

Your thoughts? (not specifically on the thailand part, but on the "exclusive retreat" as the prize)

glasshalffull
10-06-2009, 01:12 PM
i like the idea Greg.

1 thing to consider is that your top JV's schedule, will they be able to do a week. Alot of them have packed schedules, so ask them what they might want to do as far as timeframe.

I understand that heading to Thailand isn't a weekend type of event but nonetheless, if the JV's can't find the time, what you're offering won't be of any value to them.

Good luck, man

Greg Jacobs
10-06-2009, 01:21 PM
That is a good point, specifically the part about if they cannot find the time, then it wont be of value. I am thinking that for this reason, that we do NOT set the exact date of the retreat, but rather state that we will make the date to match up with the schedule of the winners

I know that doesnt quite solve the problem, but also leaves JV's room to dream (that they will in fact have free time.....sometime.... lol...) and that may be a great "implied benefit" in itself.

Rob Toth
10-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Without a doubt, it's a great prize.

And like you identified, someone who was just a top affiliate, doesn't need a Kindle, or HD Flip or Macbook.

they also don't *need* a new car.

But even for the beginners, it's often more exciting to envision a "paid holiday while rubbing shoulders with the top dogs" vs. "a chance at a Kindle".

A friend had a strong launch and the top prize was a combination of cash and a gadget ... that top affiliate instead asked my friend to convert that to a "cash value" (in a sense) and get a small group a private spot at the Rehab pool party in Vegas.

It actually came out cheaper for my friend (the merchant), and it was much more memorable and fun for everyone.

So a definite YES for your Thailand trip idea (maybe I'm partial seeing as I'm planning a visit to Thailand in Jan... so a prize like this would get my attention too as it's a lot more fun going there with a bunch of marketing nerds instead of exploring with just one friend).

Rob Toth
10-06-2009, 09:08 PM
ps. On my visit, we should meet up or setup some quick workshop for a small group. I'm sure I have subscribers/clients out that way... then I can even lie to myself and pretend that it was a productive business trip vs me just slacking and exploring.

Matt Haslem
10-07-2009, 01:08 AM
nice idea. i agree, physical prizes are better than cash, and an experience... better still.

Greg Jacobs
10-07-2009, 12:39 PM
then I can even lie to myself and pretend that it was a productive business trip vs me just slacking and exploring.

Well.... thats how I got here in the first place. :)

careful though, once you see the extent of what we have going on over here, you may not want to go back .

As successful IM'ers we can choose to not be geo-bound.