PDA

View Full Version : Somebody who has expierence with building a list?

Business39
10-02-2009, 09:04 AM
Hi there,

I was wondering..
Does anyone knows a good way for building your own list?

Thank you,

Nino Saya

Chris Douthit
10-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Hi Nino,

There are lots of good posts on this forum already about builing a list. I would recommend search back through some of the older threads.

I will tell you that if you wish to build a list quickly you have to add some value and give users a reason to opt-in. Giving out free product is a good start. If you want others to send you members try selling a product with a very high affiliate commission 90+%. You can then make affiliates money while you build your list. Also a good strategy for building relationships.

Business39
10-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the information!

I will check the older threads

:)

glasshalffull
10-06-2009, 12:02 PM
Nino,

What are you building the lists for? that will definitely affect the "How, what, when, and why" for building lists.

I assume your wanting to sell products to your list, is that correct? Typical price $27-97 or higher ticket?

Business39
10-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Hi Jason,

I want to sell products to my list yes, and around that typical price..

Do you have any advice?

Thanks!

citrus
10-07-2009, 04:01 PM
Nino,

What are you building the lists for? that will definitely affect the "How, what, when, and why" for building lists.

I assume your wanting to sell products to your list, is that correct? Typical price $27-97 or higher ticket?

Marketers build lists for the sole purpose of making money from them...that's kind of obvious. A marketer who builds a list without intending to sell anything to that list is not a marketer in that context.

Also, I don't think you should make up your mind that you want to sell $27 ebooks to your future list. That's not the right mentality because you'll be limiting your earning potential, plus, if you start building your list with the sole intention of selling stuff (instead of building a relationship while selling stuff), then your open rates will suffer and your unsubscribe rate will be relatively high.

Instead of figuring out what to sell them before you start building a list, figure out what they want to buy after they're on your list. Every email marketing expert will tell you to train your list in order to do what you want, whether it be opening your emails, reading them 'til the very end, buying your stuff, buying other people's stuff, or commenting on your blog. Once you've ethically trained your readers to do your bidding, then you can get away with selling them whatever you want.

Curtis

glasshalffull
10-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Curtis i was trying to clarify what exactly he was wanting to do with the list. Nino had not specified he was using it for marketing. Lists can also be created for research purposes alone similar to niche forums or blogs where you can identify trends. As markets evolve, marketing lists can also become research lists and vice versa as sometimes things change dramatically.

I hope you didn't misinterpret my post, I never said that he should sell $27 ebook, I was asking him to clarify, "Typical price $27-97 or higher ticket?" asked in the form of a question.

I was simply asking Nino to clarify so i could help.

citrus
10-07-2009, 10:35 PM
No I didn't...I just mentioned ebooks because that's what's often sold at that low price point.

You're right, lists can be used in a variety of ways. However, I don't think it would be practical for an Internet marketer to use a list in such a way. As far as I know, IMers only use lists to sell stuff, to provide product updates for customers, or to get people to read their blog.

You're also right that the market evolves at that there is a need to identify trends. Online marketers survey their lists all the time...but that doesn't mean they don't sell stuff to that same list as well.

All I'm saying is that I don't think it would be a good use of time or money for IMers to build a list solely for research purposes (because all it takes is Google trends, a peek in a forum, or Survey Monkey) and I don't see how asking what price point of products Nino intends to sell his future list is a helpful question.

I'm not questioning your intentions...just questioning your questions :P

Curtis

Mike Carraway
10-11-2009, 08:31 AM
Hi Jason,

I want to sell products to my list yes, and around that typical price..

Do you have any advice?

Thanks!

quicky...

To build a list, you need something offer thats free and has a lot of value to your market or niche. To get the "freebie" the person has to put their name and email into your autoresponder form.

Then they confirm their email and are taken to the page where they can get the freebie.

Then your followup email sequence (which you have preloaded into your autroresponder) starts.

The followup sequence, to me, is actually more important than the otpin form (I know some will differ with me on this) because those email communications are what build value and trust with your subscriber.

Like a previous poster said, this is where you "train" your subscribers on what to do - whether it's post on your blog, open and read to the end, or click links - so the emails are extremely important.

Hope this helps,
Mike C. (for clarification)

tajinder
06-06-2010, 03:40 PM
setup a squeeze page to offer something to your prospects for free in exchange for their contact information.make sure it is high quality free offers such as ebboks,videos,audios or webinar replay video.video or audio tends to work better for list building because it contains higher perceived value.

then drive traffic to your squeeze page.you can use PPC but this is paid advertising.some people are using CPA offers to obtains leads for them.

free traffic would be such as going to warrior forum and start commenting on the people's thread.but that doesn't mean you simply write junk comment and spam the thread because you will be banned.put the link to your squeeze page in your signature so whenever you post comment your signature which contains link to your squeeze page will be displayed.so people will start to notice at what you are offering.

you can also do simple video 5-10 mins teaching people how-to information and include the link in your description.you can tell them if they would like to get more free tutorials they can go to your website link that is provided and put in their email so that you could update them whenever you create a new tutorial

Laurie Rogers
06-07-2010, 09:52 PM
lol Curtis is always right to the point! It's a good thing ;)

He's hit it right on the head, once you've trained your list, you can pretty much get them to do whatever you want them to do and that's your objective, no matter what price point you're selling a product/service at. The reality is, you're always going to have a variety of people with different scales of income on your list, but it's up to you to convince all of them of why they need to buy that product/service, again no matter the price point.

I don't know of any IM'ers that conduct research from their lists (I use google for that personally), surveys yes (again as Curtis stated) and that's usually done with a giveaway of some sort.

Damian Kitchen
06-19-2010, 09:47 AM
i too would like to build a relationship list to eventually sell to.. i have read posts from some of the most successful marketers and they all get great conversions from lists.

with so many different niches available to people do you have to build specific list for specific niches or can you pretty much sell anything in any niche to your list once established?

in terms of free giveaways for your list - how can you determine what is high value item that is suitable as a freebie giveaway?

i understand most lists builders give away ebooks but how do you know if its a suitable enough giveaway?

thanks

Jeffrey Dean
06-28-2010, 02:59 PM
damian,

it would be hard to sell gardening items if you build a money making list yet there is some cross over in the money making field niche, internet marketing has multiple steps - outsourcing, listbuilding, SEO etc.

so you have some leeway within a niche

determining value - would someone want to read, listen to or watch what you put out and would after consuming your free giveaway, would they want to come back to you? that's vital in determining "suitability"

many "gurus" actually use some of the course material in their free stuff.