PDA

View Full Version : squeeze page on main domain name or www.domainname.com/squeezepage.html

Jaap-Jan van der Kam
09-25-2009, 06:12 AM
Hello,

i've got 2 questions the first one wat is the best option to place the squeeze page on the main domain ( www.domainname.com) or www.domainname.com/squeezepage.html. Or buy 2 urls, one url for the squeeze page and one for the main site/blog.

What are your experience on this topic?

My other questions is about about .com and .info . Which url ranks the best in google, .com or .info or doesn't matter if there are quality links to the website like ezine etc. i am curious about your experience with the urls.

thank you in advance

regards,

Jaap-Jan

euhlir
09-25-2009, 10:27 AM
Hey Jaap-Jan,

First off with your squeeze-page I'd recommend using the same URL. There are a million reasons why you could use a separate domain, but people may be scared off or think you are an affiliate if they see the URL changing when they go from your squeeze page to your main site. You'd be fine either way.

As for the domains, .com's in general are way easier to rank for. There's no solid evidence that Google does give weight to one or the other, but by looking at the engines you don't see many .info's ranking well, not to say they aren't out there. If possible always go for the .com because most people are used to typing in .com's.

best,

Eric

Vincent Sparreboom
09-25-2009, 07:45 PM
Hey Jaap Jan,

I agree with Eric. You should keep it as simple as possible, I would use www.domainname.com for the squeezepage.

Also an addition to the .info domain. My experience (and not only mine) is that .info domains are quite often tagged as spam domains.

I don't know what you want to do with the .info domain but what I have experienced a lot is when you send emails from a .info domain they always end up in the spam folders. I only go for .com domains or when there's no other possibility a .net domain.

Cheers,

Vincent

dacahe
09-29-2009, 06:57 PM
There is no evidence to be produced yet that Google's algorithms favor .info
And the question here as well is who are you making your product for Google or customers although I do understand that you need to be as Google friendly as you can be careful not to undermine your customers for the sake of Goolge.

I say this because I have seen a lot of "Keyword Rich" articles that make no sense to the reader and this is of course just bad mojo for ur business, Google is not going to buy your product, your prospects will...hopefully.

Having said this When was the last time you proffered a .info, ,net, .ws etc as a more reliable source of content.

I know that you were asking specifically about SEO but one is not separate from the other.

dacahe
09-29-2009, 07:01 PM
AH yes sorry regarding your other question on squeeze page, I am having www.domainname.com as my squeeze page and www.domainname.com/blog as my main blog page.

This however is asking for further interrogation.

The main question here to be asked is, what do I want this page for?

What I mean is this, if your market is mainly bloggers or info seeking ppl than you might have www.domainame.com your main page, if it is list building you're after (which in most cases you should) than a squeeze page as a main domain is great than just re-direct them after they have signed in.

one size does not fit all, so you must take all the tools, tactics and techniques to build YOUR strategy

Take care

Searchnology
11-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Unless you are trying to get your domain moved up in SEO results, I would put the squeeze page on the root domain www.yourdomain.com. That maximizes your list building.