PDA

View Full Version : Need assistance with creation of physical product for my info product

guptara
09-17-2009, 02:41 PM
Hello folks,

I am creating an info product on DVDs/CDs. I have the videos that were created using camtasia and are plain simple videos, but I need some professional touch to be given on them such as -

addition of menus through which viewers can scroll to different section of videos, addition of some professional look such as intro music when dvd/cd starts etc. Basically creation of professional physical info product which guys like Mike Filsaime, Jeff Johnson or others create.

Can you please suggest some good service with whom you had nice experience?

Thanks

Richard Adams
09-26-2009, 06:38 AM
Hi Rahul,

There are so many solutions to this problem you wouldn't believe it.

Firstly, consider outsourcing this using professionals at Guru.com, Elance.com or similar. Many will produce excellent quality at a very low price. This is also a great place to get professionally-designed CD covers made for your course.

Secondly, I bought Marlon Sanders' "Action Grid System" (http://www.actiongrid.com) which isn't cheap but details all about how to make physical products - it's a great resource.

Finally there are a range of pieces of software that will create menus, add music etc. For example, even good old Windows comes with basic video editing software that will allow you to add music, titles etc or look for Sony Vegas if you want a more professional solution.

Unfortunately the software I use for menu creation is no longer available so I can't advise you on that.

Lastly, take a look at Kunaki which makes duplicating your physical course very easy indeed.

Let me know if you have any other questions at all.

All the best,
Richard

Barry Johnson
09-27-2009, 12:13 PM
I think Richard summed it up well. Just from personal experience I use Guru.com for many of the items you mentioned and have ALWAYS been astounded by the results. The service is relatively inexpensive and you should get bids for your work within 24 hours.

Garland Coulson
10-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Hello folks,

I am creating an info product on DVDs/CDs. I have the videos that were created using camtasia and are plain simple videos, but I need some professional touch to be given on them such as -

addition of menus through which viewers can scroll to different section of videos, addition of some professional look such as intro music when dvd/cd starts etc. Basically creation of professional physical info product which guys like Mike Filsaime, Jeff Johnson or others create.

Can you please suggest some good service with whom you had nice experience?

Thanks

Camtasia Studio does have a menu making program you can check out.

Guru.com is a good source as the others said to get music, graphics and menus done. You can also license music from places like Magnatune.com or Sonicbids.com

What kind of music are you looking for?

Ebbi
10-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Hello,

I'm no expert in this but I'm sure you'll find this helpful, at least I hope so :)

First I just made a simple search on download.com using this keyword 'dvd menu maker'
There I found a great looking software which I think is exactly what you are looking for.
There you can take almost any video output format, Trim, Crop and preview the video,
make a menu and ad sound to the menu. Then you can even use this software to burn
the DVD's.

If I were about to do what you are thinking about I would use this software and then
use kunaki.com

So my suggestion is that you use:
http://www.sothinkmedia.com/movie-dvd-maker/index.htm -- To make your DVD

http://www.kunaki.com -- To make your DVD's and send them individual! Just read more
about their service on the website and you'll see what they are about.

www.thediscbuddy.com or www.discmojo.com -- To automate Kunaki

If you get this all setup you can sell your product without worrying about a thing!
It will take care of it self :)

Hope this helps,
Ebbi

visualartist49
03-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Some of the options you're looking for can be found within Camtasia itself, especially for creating a menu system. I've used it myself with great success. If you want to know more, PM with more details and I'll do what I can to help you.

Martin R Butler
03-26-2010, 08:52 PM
If you want to go down the dvd/cd route of product creation then it will be benificial to learn what's involved in creating a dvd product.

You can do it with free software like windows movie maker, cam studio for screen capture and audacity for audio but for more peofessional results, choose 1 editing software and learn how it works. I use Sony Vegas movie studio 9 platinium and there are many tutorials on youtube to help you out.

It's easy when you know how.
Good Luck

tajinder
06-06-2010, 03:18 PM
kunaki is a great option for physical fullfillment service as they charged their service fee quite low and they handle the packaging and shipping to your customers for you

vigneshrkumar
06-07-2010, 05:41 AM
you could try cd-fulfillment.com

Laurie Rogers
06-07-2010, 10:29 PM
Yes what kind of music are you looking for? I work with a lot of musicians, so I might be able to help you with that.

KevinRiley
06-10-2010, 05:56 AM
Myself, I use AutoRunMAX for creating the menus in my CD-ROM or DVD-ROM products. That allows me to add videos, documents, links, etc. Makes a very professional product.

Then, I use Kunaki for fulfillment.

chaoticim
06-15-2010, 11:47 AM
have to put in my vote for Kunaki as well ... really happy with their service & the price is
really reasonable ... takes a lot of work off of your hands.