PDA

View Full Version : Tougher to achieve the buzz... easier to achieve the numbers...

Rob Toth
09-15-2009, 03:56 PM
I remember back when I was first getting started, Mark Joyner was running his closing down sale.

I'm pretty sure it was a $997 package with 1000 copies. That sounded astronomical at the time to me since I was netting $1400 a month from my job.

But I remember seeing it mentioned "everywhere". The buzz was huge.

The landscape has greatly changed...

There is now a blogosphere, pay per click ads, social networks, a massive array of forums and so much more which really wasn't in place then.

This has created a much bigger pond to fish in as all of this has also brought in hoardes of individuals from the "offline" and previously skeptic world with interest about making money online (which naturally pulls many of them into the information marketing, aka. "internet marketing" world).

So the pond is much much much bigger.

This naturally means 2 things:
1) attaining the same level of buzz is tougher. You can have thousands more buzzing about your product than Mark (for example) ever did... but because the entire pool is expotentially larger, even all these voices still don't create the same level of overwhelming buzz.

That being said...

2) you have a lot more fishing opportunities! You can create the bigger sales volumes easier because there are just so many prospects out there. It's actually a bit disgusting how good the opportunity is.

An example of the above...

A close friend, one of the top "secret weapons" (if you like labels) for several launches recently put together a $7mil+ info product launch in the IM niche. The sales were massive. Those kind of sales figures for an info product, marketed purely online simply couldn't have happened "back in the days". Yet, even with a potential "record breaking" launch, the buzz was high but there was still so much other noise and so much other "stuff" in the marketplace that it was diluted and never achieved the same "wow, this thing is everywhere" feel that a promo 5 years ago would have.

Here's the part that should make you smile...

The internet and all this jive we all talk about is just past the "virgin" stages. It's still very new.

So regardless of where you, your income, your business are right now... fast forward 5 years, 10 years and you *better* be grining at the fact that this thing isn't going to slow down any soon and YOU and your efforts can benefit from the continued opportunities.

euhlir
09-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Great Post!

It never ceases to amaze me how far a reach that one single person or product can have with the Internet.