PDA

View Full Version : #1 Rule to Get Your Subscribers to Read Your Emails

Desmond Ong
09-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Alright, I am actually studying American History right now for a freaking test on Monday while writing this while the TV show Reaper is on in the background in my room. (Puritans...Ben Franklin...Jonathan Edwards...ergghhh...)

I haven't been posting here for some time so here goes my tip of the day: how to get your subscribers to read your emails.

If you have a list, you probably know that getting a 30% to 40% open rate is MASSIVE. I would jump if I get anywhere from 20% to 35% open rate.

A lot of people come to me and ask me how do I get over 25% open rate for many of the emails that I sent out.

The trick is simple: Offer value.

I studied Frank Kern's Mass Control and I remember him saying that you need to offer value to your subscribers.

Simple right?

But apparently, almost 99.9% of all the internet marketers out there only email their subscribers when they are promoting something -- which is not offering value in my opinion.

My seduction and dating niche list had an average open rate of 24% which is a pretty good percentage in my opinion. Last month, we tried something different. We mailed out 2 free reports out to our list and we named the reports "Subscribers-Only Insiders' Secrets to Seduction Power" and ever since then, we are averaging an open rate of 32%. (Yes, 32%. It's not impossible)

Try this technique. Write a 10 page report or make a video with some great information and then instead of selling it as a WSO or at $37 -- offer it to your list for absolutely free. They will love you and feel appreciated.

Cheers,
-Desmond Ong

toddperk
09-13-2009, 10:45 PM
Desmond, that's great info man...I too have MC 2.0 and you hit the nail on the head with this tip.

Thanks for confirming its power...it's so true and so effective. Building rapport with your list by offering them free stuff (randomly) is the best way to build a successful long-term business.

-Todd

FlipMyPLR.com
09-15-2009, 02:42 AM
Makes perfect sense.. no one in this world today will hand out their email for nothing. You must offer value, whether in the form of great content, products, freebies, or even contests.. which just gave me an idea.. :)

Great post dude!

Ed Walters33
09-16-2009, 06:41 AM
Totally agree! Building and maintaining rapport is essential if you want to keep the atttention of your subscribers.

It does require some effort and it also requires consistency. I've tried 2 weekly, monthly, 10-daily etc newsletters in the past and the one that works best every time is WEEKLY - on the SAME DAY each week and preferably at the same time. (that's why 10-daily doesnt work as it won't arrive on the same day each time)

Plenty of good quality free content and peppered with good quality free gifts from time to time. That's how to build people's trust.

My customer list currently opens at 45% and my subscriber list at 22% and i'm working hard to bring my subscriber open rate much higher.

Bare in mind lots of people are on lots of differnet lists so you must make yours stand out. It does involve more effort but when you do promote your conversionx will be huge.

Cheers

Ed

Michael McMillan
09-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Desmond, I've gone to using what I call "relationship-building" emails (I need a special name for everything). About 2/3rds of my emails (let's say two out of three a week) contain no affiliate links at all--just good and useful info. Once a week I send one out promoting something of my own or an affiliate product along with good material.

I get on all of the gurus lists and personally get tired of all of the head cheese they contain peppered with affiliate links. I only subscribe so I can keep track of the competition. I have fewer unsubscribes doing this than when I sent just affiliate promos.

eMail marketing is a two way street. If I don't get some useful info in emails, I'm not likely to reach for my billfold and buy from the guy sending it. On the other hand, if from time to time they give me something useful, well--if they don't try to establish a relationship with me, I'm not going to be doing business with them.

Desmond Ong
09-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for dropping by and giving some nice comments.

Yeah, all of you are right.

Unfortunately, "offering value" is easier to say than do. I do have some content to give away but not every single week I have content to give away. LOL.

Cfoozel
09-21-2009, 10:52 PM
I just started building my list and I totally agree with you. I gave my list two weeks of content that I was going to sell, but I decided to give away. So far my open rate is at 23.5%, so I am happy. It does work!

Cheers! 8)

Junid Abdussalam
09-24-2009, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the Advise Desmond. "Offer Value" is the great way to maintain subscribers.

I've not not really used it to benefit me yet. Just started building my list.

Good luck to your exams.

Junid

Barry Johnson
09-24-2009, 10:17 AM
I can absolutely confirm what Desmond said. We have tried this very thing over that last couple of months and the results are astounding. We will NEVER send out another "sales" email to our list again. Every email from here out has been a report or mostly, a video tip. The open and click through rates have almost doubled.

Great advice.