PDA

View Full Version : I'm falling in love with Gizmo ...

Mike Merz
07-20-2006, 11:47 AM
.... that's Gizmo the VoIP software, of course. ;)

I love the conference call option ... and the ability to record sessions into wav files.

Do you Gizmo?

http://www.gizmoproject.com/

Feel free to post your Gizmo ID ... mine's jvnotifypro (fancy that, eh?).

Maybe one day we'll have regular conference calls ... record them ... and post the download link for all of us to hear at a later date.

What a great JV brainstorming and relationship building tool ... ya think?

Best,

Mike

Jeffrey Neil
07-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Mike,

I still have not used Gizmo yet, but may if the reviews keep coming in from people saying that they think the voice quality is better than skype, I will. What do you think of it so far?

For conferencing with skype, have you tried highspeedconferencing.com?

BTW I had posted an answer to you question about wav vs mp3 formats on the WF board.

Mike Merz
07-21-2006, 08:19 PM
I just saw it, Jeffrey ... thanks so much for providing an experienced opinion (which I lack at this point).

The reason I'm sticking with Gizmo for now is the sound quality is excellent ... I've talked to IMers from Sweden and London today, and they might as well have been down the street.

Also ... the conference call and ability to record on the spot without upgrade makes it very convenient for my line of work.

But ... please do keep me updated on anything else out there ... including Skype, that winds up being a better alternative.

Could use a few tips on audio conversion tools, as well.

Thanks ... again,

Mike

Nick Smith
07-23-2006, 07:28 AM
Could use a few tips on audio conversion tools, as well.

Thanks ... again,

Mike

Mike, if you need something simple to convert WAV to MP3, use Audacity ... it's free and I use it all the time ...

It's a fully fledged, multi-track, audio editor - so it does a LOT more than just convert, but it should certainly do the job:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net

HTH

Cheers

Nick :)

Jeffrey Neil
07-25-2006, 04:09 PM
Nick

Audacity is a decent program for editing, and has a fantastic price (free), but I wouldn't use it to save in mp3 format.

The reason for this is because the mp3 codec is not quite up to the same quality as professional programs. As a result you would be better off saving any work in wav format, and converting in something else.

To keep stuff free, an excellent conversion tool is simply using Itunes. It has a good codec, that will result in good mp3s.

Gavin Drake
08-03-2006, 05:21 PM
Whew!
Hey Mike I was a little concerned when I saw that post! Gizmo is my nickname in a ton of other forums and always my username!

Take care
Gavin
aka Gizmodrake

Jason Moffatt
08-10-2006, 06:08 PM
I have to throw in a ditto for the admiration of Gizmo.

Sadly I deleted it cuz it was slowing down the startup of my
computer, and no one else seems to use it considering skype.

I imagine I could turn off the start up feature.

It would be swell if more marketers hopped onto the Gizmo wagon.

I definitely like it better then skype.

Mike Merz
08-11-2006, 07:49 AM
LOL, Gavin!

Hey, Jason .. ;)

Yeah, I'd love to have everyone I JV with using Gizmo ... or even Skype, for that matter.

What a great way to build relationships, and provide content in the way of audio for our subscribers.

Best,

Mike

Pat Lovell
08-14-2006, 06:48 AM
I've been using Skype for a while but I'll give Gizmo a try, it looks like a really great program. The actual paid options look pretty good as well. *off to download Gizmo ;D

thanks,

- Pat

Chris Rempel
09-03-2006, 06:41 AM
I saw Gizmo written up in Entrepreneur Mag...

Looks cool

I've been using Skype for quite a while now, and I love being able to set up international numbers.

I'll give Gizmo a shot and see what the fuss is all about ;)

Cheers,

-Chris