PDA

View Full Version : New and Learning

Jermaine Litt
07-29-2009, 11:17 AM
Hello, I new and trying to learn everything I can. My question is once I have built created a product of value and built my site how do I go about doing a joint venture since I won't have a list of my own to offer?

Mike Merz
07-29-2009, 11:34 AM
The problem is, Jermaine ... you have the steps mixed up.

You should be building a list and promoting as an affiliate so that when the time comes for you to put out a product of your own, you have a name ... some credibility, and may be due a little pay back if you've done things right.

Why would anyone want to support you if you have nothing to bring to the table but a product? JV Marketing is a 2 way street ...

There are partners in this forum that may be willing to take on the marketing end of your promotion for an agreed upon piece of the action ... but I honestly think you'd have a better time if you prove yourself worthy from the get go. Don't put the cart before the horse.

Between the posts in the article section, and helpful posts in the main discussion area courtesy of Brandon, Kim, Charles, Craig, and other experienced partners ... you should be able to get off to a good start.

Cheers,

Mike

danr
07-29-2009, 01:46 PM
Mike,
Every time I ready one of your post, I learn a little bit more of how to make the most out of this community. You should consider doing an animated walkthrough/wizard of the most common mistakes newbies (like myself) make. Something fun that is a requirement to watch. Make it a flash tour, that requires the user to click "I've watched it" before they can start posting.

I know, probably not going to happen, but it's a thought.

Cheers
Daniel

Mike Merz
07-29-2009, 05:00 PM
Thanks, Daniel.

Though I may come off as a bit harsh in my responses, it's only because I care about this community and the partners that make it up a great deal, and only want the best experience for all.

But ... we at JVNP also realize we're far from perfect, and important changes will be made in the way of training and brainstorming in the months to come that will make JVNP much more valuable ... you'll see. ;)

Cheers,

Mike

danr
07-29-2009, 07:04 PM
Awesome, let me know if I can be of any help. I have a lot of technology resources at my disposal or if you want to get any newbie feedback.

Thanks again

Daniel

Donny Gamble
07-29-2009, 07:52 PM
It is also important that you provide as much information or as much knowledge as possible before you try to sell a product. A good idea is to write an eBook and give it away for free or host a free webinar based around general questions or topic that people ask you. These are some very good starting points to help you build a brand while helping you build your list in the process

Neil Robins
07-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Hi Mike

Don't worry about being a bit harsh in your comments. You're just saying how it should be.

What's the old saying? "What you get out is in direct proportion of what you put in"

Regards from Down Under

Neil

Jermaine Litt
07-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the information, and I won't put the cart before the horse. Im just new to this and really want to get started. Thanks again