PDA

View Full Version : Sneaky Secret tactic creats 9.2% conversion on a $397 product

BrandonFredrickson
06-07-2009, 03:30 PM
A couple of months ago one of my clients was wanting to release a new, $3497 product. Now, one of the things you need for such an expensive product is excellent testimonials. We get good testimonials all the time, but we needed super ones.

We decided to create a survey to help get the clients to model a testimonial. When I was finished writting the survey, I thought maybe we could get some sales..and did we ever.

So, the bribe we offered them was $100 for taking the survey. At the end of the survey, we deposited $100 into an account (with us) for them that cold be claimed by purchasing one of our (unpopular) $497 products. We ended up with 1431 people taking the survey, of those 131 paid $397 for the product.

Here is the survey. What (I think) had happened was we had them pretty much dreaming about what it would be like if they could trade equites with success. We then had them talk about what a great guy my client was, and so we hit them with commitment and consistency too.

What was it that first attracted you to trading Forex?
Desribe the ideal lifestyle that successful forex trading will allow you to live?
With so many trading mentors available, why do you choose to rely on (client name)
What is the most valuable lesson you have learned about Forex trading from (client name)? What has overcoming this problem allowed you to do?
Would you recommend a friend or family member who is interested in trading forex to try (clients name) service?
Desribe the feelig you get after executing the pefect trade?
Would you like to learn more about exactly how (client name) picks the very best entry and exit points each and every day?

That was the end of the survey. Like I said then we thanked them, put a $100 credit in their account towards the course (which had not been selling AT ALL prior to this)

After this success I also had a client do it in the options maket. His result was very similar, 840 people completed the survey, and of those 11.3% purchased a $149 product.

Try this and let me know what type of results you get.

Brandon
PS. If your looking for someone to do strategic marketing for you, and handle your launches (and now copy too) send me a PM. I just brought in the best copywriter I know as my partner (he wrote the letter for the top product on CB, which is currently converting almost 15%, another of his letters sold $750,000 worth of product in one day). You get both of us now.

Markus Allen
06-07-2009, 03:44 PM
That's an awesome story, Brandon. Kudos to you.

Steve Mount
06-07-2009, 07:38 PM
What sort of system did you use to apply the credit? Did you just give them a discount purchase link?

(Thanks for sharing btw... good stuff)

BrandonFredrickson
06-07-2009, 08:29 PM
Hey Steve - Sad to admit, but most 5 year olds have a better grasp of technology ;-), so I have no idea. I told the web guy, this is what I want...do it...and he did :)

Just as a side note to this...if you send an email out basically saying "I just gave you $50", and then bring them to a page where you have given them $50 towards a purchase you will get a good number of people who would not have otherwise purchased doing so as well. It's actually a pretty effective tactic I learned from John Carlton.

What sort of system did you use to apply the credit? Did you just give them a discount purchase link?

(Thanks for sharing btw... good stuff)

Steve Mount
06-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Oh cool - I'll give that a shot with my next launch :)

imported_Kim Roach
06-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Wow! Excellent strategy Brandon.

I've been reading quite a few of your posts lately and
you are full of golden nuggets :)

Thanks Again!

- Kim

Daniel0604
06-09-2009, 08:17 PM
That's awesome Brandon. It seems like it is a very effective strategy, maybe even more so than the exit discount. I'm definitely going to give that a try on launch day. Actually it seems that it would work particularly well with pre launch emails, to give people a chance to take part in the survey.

Thanks for the info.

affiliatetrendz
06-11-2009, 04:14 AM
Wow Brandon,
You do know your stuff! Truly an expert when it comes to IM! I will look forward to trying your launch tactics when I come out with my own product in the future. Thanks and keep up the awesome work!

Be well,
Will Oh

MIKE LAUGHLIN
06-11-2009, 03:05 PM
thats a great idea. never thought of that one before.

MIKE LAUGHLIN
06-11-2009, 03:33 PM
thats an awesome idea. thanks for sharing.

Michael Hiles
06-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Killer idea. I am blasting an email tonight to one of my lists to do this as a test.

BrandonFredrickson
06-12-2009, 02:24 AM
Sweet. Let me know how it works out for you.
Brandon

Killer idea. I am blasting an email tonight to one of my lists to do this as a test.

Dagenius
06-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Yea that sounds like truly a solid idea, that i will be using in the near future. Thanks for sharing.

Sue Harrison
06-14-2009, 10:20 AM
Today has turned out to be a very lucky day for me - firstly I was recommended to join this forum and secondly, Brandon - need I say any more ;D.

Jeffrey Bangerter
07-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Ok That is the coolest simple idea I have heard in a while, way too go!

EasyCashMethod
07-02-2009, 10:51 AM
Excellent tip Brandon

mr julian tion jr
07-02-2009, 03:50 PM
NICE JOB.....

Aaron Glinski
07-04-2009, 04:57 AM
Very cool idea.

Raybee
07-05-2009, 07:10 PM
All I can say is...WOW!!! That is so cool. I don't even have a product and want to try that tactic!!!

Peace,

Ray

cre8iveq
07-05-2009, 08:57 PM
Brandon, great post, thanks. This seems to be building on a face to face direct sales technique (did i spell that right?) which is get a few "yeses" before the close. For example, if you are selling a telephone service, before the close, you might say "So obviously you'd like to cut your phone bill down right" (customer - "yes") then "and you could think of something to spend that $20 a month you are saving" (customer - "yes") then "great, just sign here....