PDA

View Full Version : Buying old domains in IM/Make Money space

Pieter van Schalkwyk
05-14-2009, 03:47 AM
Does anyone know of a reliable place to buy domains that have names that are relevant Internet Marketing/Make Money Online at reasonable prices? I am looking for sites with a domain age 3+. I have a few ranging from 3+ to 10+ and I am looking to build up stock on a few additional worthwhile names for future JV campaigns.

Thanks

Pieter

mrugank
05-14-2009, 06:03 AM
Pieter,

You should go and try digitalpoint.com and there look into Digital Point Forums--- Business ---- Buy Sell or Trade ---- Domains

Just look around there and you may well find some quality high page rank domains related to your Niche

Hope that help

All the best

Mrugank

darrenc@telus.net
05-14-2009, 10:32 AM
You should also have a look at http://marketplace.sitepoint.com/

It has plenty of web sites for sale and many show real stats, etc related to the domain.

Darren

Pieter van Schalkwyk
05-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Thanks guys, I've had a look at the 2 sites and will add them to my resource list. I currently use only domains that I buy from kown registrars as I've had a bad experience where I bought a site directly from someone in the UK and it turned out that the Whois contact details were bogus and I couldn't get the site on my name. The email address etc. didn't exist. I paid quite a bit for it and I am very cautious at the moment. (it happened about 3 years ago)

Pieter

Jack Harold
05-17-2009, 03:44 AM
hey bro, may i ask your rationale of purchasing aged existing domains?

Alminc
05-17-2009, 04:08 AM
Hi Pieter,

You can also register at Sedo.com or Namepros.com and look
for domains within IM niche.

http://www.registercompass.com/ is also a good service for
finding high PR domains.

Almin

Pieter van Schalkwyk
05-17-2009, 04:54 AM
Jack

I use SEO quite extensively and that requires that I get a good Page Rank (PR) in a relatively short space of time. I use PPC to test a niche but it is not a long term strategy. I just use it for traffic to test the keyword and conversion rate of my site.

There are a number of things to consider when trying to improve PR and domain age is thought to be one of the compenents. I have personally found that older domains with some traffic history gets a higher PR quicker than fresh ones. I have recently bought an older domain that used to be a directory site (see archive.org to see what your site looked like previously) with 48k backlinks. I can get a PR4+ site with not too much work. I still need to do many of the other things though and domain age (DA) is just one of them. I use Market Samurai for keyword research and it is one of the elements that MS evaluates when it looks at SEO competition. You need to be quick off the mark in the JV business and it is great when you can get a 1st page on Google for a keyword early in the JV campaign.

You also tend to find better names on older ones. some of the ones that I have are 100ksales.com, 1800perks.com (DA 9y+), businessmoneysystem.com, theidiotclub.com (DA 6y+) etc. I have quite a few other great ones in the IM/Money space.

This may not work for everyone but it does for me. I also sell domains that I don't use in a specific niche and reinvest in other. Over time you also build up a nice asset if you create minisites on them optimize, monetize and flip them. Side hobby :)

Hope it makes sense.

Pieter van Schalkwyk
05-17-2009, 04:56 AM
Thanks Almin

I'll check out registercompass

Pieter