PDA

View Full Version : New Here and Ready to help!

Ross Dalangin
03-26-2009, 09:24 PM
Hi Folks,

Good Day!

I'm new here and willing to participate on the forum giving what I've learned in the past years. I was addicted at the warrior forum and hope to be addicted here also :)

I hope I can share my experience and gain some knowledge too because I feel this is a great forum too. I was just silent just being a lurker and I feel I will explode if I will not participate. Hope I can gain friends too. I'm a friendly guy so feel free to PM me. Huh, I'm not looking for a date ;) I just don't know how to start. Thanks, my silence is now in the past. I will not explode.

Best Regards,

Ross

charleskirkland
03-28-2009, 12:41 AM
Hi Ross

JVNP is one of the few sites that I visit everyday, but be careful not to spend to much time learning and not enough time doing. That is were most people fail at.

Just by the very act of doing you will learn far more then you ever will by reading forums.

Thanks
Charles Kirkland

Ross Dalangin
03-28-2009, 04:03 AM
Thanks for the reminder Charles!

Ross

Barry Weiss
03-28-2009, 10:47 AM
Hi Ross,

I am also new with this forum and look forward to your posts.

Much of my experience is offline and hope I can leverage some of that to help others here as well.

And I also thank Charles for that all important reminder.

Barry

Ross Dalangin
03-28-2009, 08:58 PM
Thanks Barry. I'm more on Online business so maybe we can fill the gap. Your advantage and my advantage can fill our limitations.

Ross

Pieter van Schalkwyk
03-29-2009, 06:02 AM
Charles raises an important point. There is just so much information available, so many blogs to read, so many forums to join, that you can easily fall into the trap of reading all the time and not doing. You try to find all the "secrets" and you end up spending quite a bit on training (buying products).

My advice is to do some initial research, choose a product or market, and establish yourself through actively running that business. Choose a few resources to follow in blogs etc. and research your new product market to come up with great content in your niche. Reading too much will make you jump around from strategy to strategy. I found it best to create a mindmap of my strategy for a specific market/product and the sticking to that until I have either achieved my goal i.e. have a site on autopilot that makes $ 1000 per month or sell it or close it down if it doesn't achieve my objective. BTW my strategy is to own a portfolio of 20 niche sites that each deliver at least $ 1000 monthly on autopilot (less than 1 hour per week maintenance per site). Sites that don't make it get replaced by new ones. This keeps me focused. I also run a fairly large offline business and I have to balance my time between ventures (I outsource some IM work). Spending too mcuh time reading and too little doing will have a negative impact on my online efforts.

Sorry for the long story, but I think you get the picture. Nice site Ross :)

Ross Dalangin
03-31-2009, 10:06 AM
You are right, I need to focus more on my time. I actually focused on one project at a time and always modified my business plan on whatever ideas that I've learned.

Thanks Pieter!

Ross

Anthony Buchalka
04-01-2009, 08:10 AM
Hi Gents,

Some very good points. I tend to agree that 'focused action' is one of the most important factors for online success.

I find thinking about and using "Pareto's Principle" (the 80-20 Rule) helps me focus on those things that really make a difference to my business and "bring home the bacon". It's powerful and liberating to identify and modify or remove those things that take a lot of our time that don't greatly contribute to our success.

It's very easy to get caught up with the latest and greatest new system or idea in the market and one has to be disciplined to keep focused yet still aware of changing trends and new tools.

Anthony

Ross Dalangin
04-02-2009, 02:23 AM
You are right that is why I focused on the things that I can do best and outsource some things that gives me a hard time.

Ross