PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming 1st launch, and I'm scared out of my wee mind!

Rachael Fuimaono
03-12-2009, 11:45 PM
that being said, and my dignity in the loo...... I've been a IM for a couple of months now, until I stumbled upon this awesome idea (rich dad always says thats where money starts from right!) I'm compiling an E-book and setting up a web site for it also. Its a recession beauty! In that EVEN my local Mayor loves the idea and will be endorsing for me through his council men, if you can believe that! I'm looking at a TV segment too on a current affairs show.

But heres the thing.... I've NEVER launched before.
I don't have the money to patent the idea - so guess it can pretty much be stolen?

I don't know whether to launch nationally or internationally (and would love some feedback on that point especially)

and have no idea how to set up to pay affiliates (I really need to get that one right!) I'll be paying commissions of 50% which I'm cool with - especially if i can somehow attract heavy hitters - how does someone even do that? stalk them? :P

I'm out of my depth, but hugely excited too!
Any help GREATLY accepted!

Pieter van Schalkwyk
03-13-2009, 12:35 AM
Is it the type of product that you can promote through Clickbank. It will take care of those headaches and you can focus on providing sales material, template emails etc.

See https://www.clickbank.com/sell_products.html (No affiliate link)

Rachael Fuimaono
03-13-2009, 01:34 AM
hiya, thanks for this, yes i think it would probably do well on clickbank. Just a bit scared of using that - is it the easiest way to track affiliates etc do you think?

Pieter van Schalkwyk
03-13-2009, 06:51 PM
That is one of the main advantages of using Clickbank. They handle the affiliate admin and it is all automated. Affiliates can view stats etc. and they manage the payouts. Affiliates trust them and will be more likely to promote your products than if you do it yourself or use another system. There are a few out there but CB is by far the easiest to get started. You can then focus on your product sales letters etc.

Anthony Buchalka
04-05-2009, 03:12 AM
Hi Rachael,

Congratulations for having the courage to start on the road to promote your own idea and product :)

I would totally agree with Peter that ClickBank is an excellent place to start with a digital and or affiliate digital product.

From an affiliate's perspective, ClickBank is a no brainer to use, safe and trusted.

From a seller's perspective, ClickBank is relatively uncomplicated and a proven affiliate product selling platform.

ClickBank automatically pays your affiliates. :)

Attracting big affiliates with your first product can be a bit challenging as many will like to know you have a little experience first. Having said that, some newcomers do seem to go from Zero to Hero quickly by developing friendships and alliances with other IMs.

You certainly would want to consider a test launch to get a feel for how your product will convert as this will be of prime interest to IMs. This can be done somewhat undercover if required such as to your own or someone else's list.

Good luck. ;)

Anthony