PDA

View Full Version : I got a winner?

K Smith
04-16-2006, 11:26 PM
How do I encourage name marketers to consider a product that has proven to be a winner without promotions.

So now I want to promote! What are the keys to get you heavy hitters, huge list owner to partner.

Thanks

K Smith

Sam Heyer
04-18-2006, 10:18 AM
Hi K,

The biggest thing with getting heavy hitters to promote is to find out what they're looking for. I know this takes time, but that's why it is so key to develop relationships. Most big name marketers are friends with each other and will promote each others stuff ... that makes it that much harder for the smaller guys to get their stuff recognized ... not to mention the big guys roughly get asked to promote every single day.

Another huge thing, which goes along with what I just wrote, is that the heavy hitters can send out an email and make $10,000 ... not to mention a lot of their products do 6 figures anyways -- money usually isn't a big motivator for them when promoting for other people. A lot of it is about integrity and making their list happy/providing value.

If you're not planning on doing a coordinated launch then my suggestion is to build a relationship with them first. You need to establish yourself as an expert if you haven't already done so (and there are tons of ways of going about this). My secret for building relationships with these guys which ANYONE can use (but I guarantee 99% of you don't) is get in contact with them and do a recorded teleseminar. They cost a few dollars to record (I use aitelephone, but am not convinced that is the best service). Once the call is over send them the recording of it for them to use on any of their projects. Once you are ready to promote talk to the people you did the calls with and ask them if they will send out an email for you ... in return you will put an email of their choice into an autoresponder series (along with the audio) that every subscriber of yours EVERY will get.

Use that. It's one of the most powerful methods for getting people to promote. But even more than that, if they are your friends and you do this for them, then you have a killer launch.

Hope that gives you some ideas and good luck with your launch.

Sam

K Smith
04-19-2006, 11:14 AM
Hi Sam,

K here

Thanks for the tip.

When you say "aitelephone" is that a service or a typo?

Sam Heyer
04-19-2006, 04:48 PM
Hi K,

It's a service I use for recording calls.

Sam

Dylan Loh
06-16-2006, 12:44 PM
Hello K,

I suggest you read the JV marketing articles available here in the forum. Although there are only currently 5 of them I have read them all and they are all very very insightful :)

Mike Merz
06-24-2006, 08:12 AM
K,

My most successful brokering campaigns have all included the following variables ...

Author credibilty

Product quality and how well it satisfies the need of the prospects on your potential JV partner's lists.

As a JV broker ... I can qualify you in the eyes of potential partners only so much ... you have to get your name out there to maximize results.

The right product ... at the right time ... by a credible author usually does well with JV partners in the appropriate niche.

Best,

Mike Merz