PDA

View Full Version : Making Videos

Charles H
12-23-2008, 12:46 AM
Hi Gang, Newbie Man here,
What do you guys find is the easiet place to make videos, screen capture that is, for your sites and/or landing pages. New concept, need a little advice. Thanks, Charles

citrus
12-23-2008, 02:17 AM
If by place you mean software, then Camtasia is really good, possibly the best. There's a 30 day free trial and then its about $300 for the license. The software is incredibly easy to use. Also recommended for taking screenshots is SnagIt, which is from the same company, Techsmith. You should google them both and see what they're all about.

Good luck,
Curtis

essai
12-23-2008, 10:00 AM
I use Camtasia 5. it's little pricyyyyy

If you want a free tool then use http://www.jingproject.com/
or use Window movie maker that integrated with XP.

imported_Kim Roach
12-23-2008, 11:08 AM
I second Camtasia Studio. Awesome sofware!

But if you're looking for a good, free alternative, you can also check out CamStudio.

Richard Legg
12-23-2008, 03:37 PM
Kim is right about CamStudio, especially if you're just starting out.

Get it free from www.CamStudio.org

I use Camtasia primarily, but that's because I use it enough to warrant the price.

Richard

Charles H
12-24-2008, 02:02 AM
Thanks and keep it coming. Will check out camstudio, jingproject is neat, but as a mac guy and taking swf to avi is a little more than I seem to be able to accomplish so far. Thanks again guys, happy holidays.

charleskirkland
12-26-2008, 12:25 AM
Hi Charles

When it comes to video it can be tricky getting all the formats to play with each other. But Camtasia has some great options for rendering out video. Also you might want to look at getting a Flip.

Brian J told me about it last month and after I got it I can't stop using it.

Just putting video on your home page and OTO's will make a huge difference in sales and signups.

Thanks
Charles

mikencm
01-09-2009, 11:10 PM
O mercy Charles, you said you were a Mac guy. Let's start a club--you can be president and I'll be VP--now if we can just find some members. (ha)

I could be wrong, but I don't think you can run Camtasia on a Mac, although they are working on that and they should have a Mac version before too long.

Listen, if you've got an Intel-based Mac like a MacBook, it probably came with iMovieHD on it. Now, you can't do screen capture stuff like you want with that, however--you can get a thing called iShowU from http://store.shinywhitebox.com/store/shop.php for under $50 and you can do a lot of what Camtasia can do (not everything). You end up with a QuickTime movie format.

But you can take that movie and drop it into iMovieHD on your Mac and then edit, insert graphic images, and create special effects--whatever you need. The movie you end up with is a .mov format, but you can use online stuff to change the format if you wish. It's great for making YouTube promotional stuff--whatever you need.

Shiny Wite Box has also got something called Slurp or Stomp or something that will compress iShowU stuff quite a bit. I don't have it but it's available.

Good luck!

charleskirkland
01-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Mac Power.

I was on the phone today with Jerry West "the god father of real SEO" and he told me that he got a Mac also and how much he loves it.

2 years ago I would have never even thought of getting a Mac. Now I'm an apple lover.

Thanks
Charles

Chris Vendilli
01-10-2009, 12:03 AM
Hi Charles

When it comes to video it can be tricky getting all the formats to play with each other. But Camtasia has some great options for rendering out video. Also you might want to look at getting a Flip.

Brian J told me about it last month and after I got it I can't stop using it.

Just putting video on your home page and OTO's will make a huge difference in sales and signups.

Thanks
Charles

I got the Flip Mino HD for Christmas. It's the bomb diggity!

I bought an $800 sony HD handycam with a 30gb hard drive about 8 months earlier, I paid $800 for it... and sadly, it's now collecting dust because the Flip is easier to use, faster to get the vids onto my computer with less editing, and most importantly, the video quality is noticeably better.

Charles H
01-10-2009, 01:32 AM
Mike, Charles,
Appreciate the info and yes the mac has been my standard since the Apple II. Oops dating myself. I bought a flip for my wife recently and I know it needs a download from quicktime, or so I have been told. Shamefully I haven't checked on that, because she and the flip have been out of town for a few days. Mike, I will play with the iMovie some this weekend and see where I stand. Appreciate all the great info that I always receive here at JVNP. I think the Jing Project holds promise, but have to transfer it to .avi. That is for screen capture of course. I just want to make crazy Frank Kern videos, always seem to be fun and informative. Thanks guys, Charles

FleshJoe
01-21-2009, 04:14 AM
Screencast.com has a free piece of software that makes excellent screencasts that are every bit as good as the Camtasia and Camstudio ones.

Download it here: http://www.jingproject.com/

Jamie Garside
01-21-2009, 06:43 AM
I am looking into this right now, Im glad I found this thread!

Camstudio is free as already mentioned and is fairly easy to use. Could I ask, With Camtasia can you add background music easily to your videos and graphics or is it literally a record and play piece of software?

Jamie

Joel Peterson
01-23-2009, 08:02 PM
When using Camtasia....... try doing your videos with a web cam picture in picture.

From my testing... the perceived value of the video you sell is much greater than a regular screen capture. People like the interaction.

Joel

Mike Lucas
01-26-2009, 07:14 AM
Hey Charles,

Just to echo what everyone else has said, that Camtasia is the bees knees Lol
I tried the Camstudio Pro software, it's good but it's no where near as easy and powerful as Camtasia, yeah it's more expensive but it's the best, go for it.

Hope this helps

Best

Mike Lucas

Eric Medemar
01-28-2009, 11:17 PM
I have been using camtasia and open office to make very professional looking presentations, but I like the idea about adding the photo, maybe I'll have my wife sit in the chair though, shes a bit better to look at.

fernando_rc
02-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Hii there

about making videos i strongly recommend jing pro

there is a free version but the format is only.swp i think, and not all computers have this format..
and i had a problem on youtube when i tried to upload a video using the free version of jing, because youtube didn't convert that format to the format they use to upload videos..

and the paid version,,, which is ridicously low,,, $17 A YEAR i think, is much better and the format is different and accepted by most computers and youtube as well..

so, have a loot !! the site is www.jingproject.com ... im not quite sure.,..you can google it..
there you can download the software as well.. it's a little bit higher the fee but is yours!!!!

hope this is usefull
bye

global5564
02-05-2009, 07:56 PM
If you don't want to encounter problems with Vista, use Camtasia 5.

I am also a Mac person and I use Final Cut; you can do anything with that program!

Chris Freville
02-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Does anyone know how to make a Camtasia video not display the play-bar (time-line underneath the video) ?

Similar to this one...

http://www.cbautomatedincome.com/

coachmiami
02-27-2009, 03:43 PM
I got the Flip Mino HD for Christmas... the Flip is easier to use, faster to get the vids onto my computer with less editing, and most importantly, the video quality is noticeably better.

I swear by the Flip Mino HD. I did buy some software to edit it (although the Flip has its own). If you don't have an affiliate you can buy it through my site at http://bestflipcamera.com and make my wife happy!)

Miami 8)

jonwalker
03-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Charles,

A good Mac app for screencap videos is Screenflow from Telestream http://www.telestream.net/screen-flow/overview.htm

And it only costs $99 :)

They also make Flip4Mac WMV. It allows you to import, export and play Windows Media video and audio files on your Mac. This way you can convert video programs, produced in iMovie into Windows Media for review and final distribution.

Jon

Mike Merz
03-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Hey, I know this guy ...

... I think he might know a thing or 2. ;)

Welcome to JVNP, Jon.

Best,

Mike

Mike Merz
03-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Don't think you're going to get much out of me on this topic ... that's Mike Jr.'s expertise. ;)

Best,

Mike