PDA

View Full Version : To do and not to do in a Joint Venture Proposal

Rivers Corbett
12-17-2008, 09:17 AM
If you see an opportunity, you grab it. If you see an opportunity that gets you riches at half the risk, you hug and squeeze it like a stuffed toy! Just make sure the poor toys eye doesn’t pop out. What on earth am I talking about? Joint Venture Proposals.

When you’re interested in making a joint venture with another company, the first step is writing a proposal, and this needs to be just right. A Joint Venture Proposal says just one thing. “Lets partner up for this” is the message, but if you’re not careful, it can be taken the wrong way. You have to think about who you’re writing to, what they want to read, what will help them decide. You could be doing a simple project that requires just a short proposal letter that’s straight to the point. Then again for something very formal you may need those 20 page article filled law filled proposal letter that give some people nose bleeds.

Now no matter who you’re writing to, you should be able to answer all the questions that will be in the other persons mind. Think what you would want to see in a proposal letter and from a business point of view not simply a personal point of view. They are going to want to know what do they get out of it, how much it is going to cost them, what’s the point etc.

You should research about the company before making out your proposal to them. Find out what they are most likely looking for, what will help them, what you have they don’t, how can you benefit their company. Also keep in mind that it’s not always about the money. Money is a crucial topic of course, but so many other things play as factors as well.

Now when you study who you’re proposing to, try to search for things that will benefit you, and those things are offering them something they need that will benefit them. Lets say they have enough profit, but they don’t have and expert in a certain department. You just happen to have that someone they don’t, so that is your ace card. What do they need and which one of those things can you provide.

Now, as for the things you should not, or rather, must not do! These may seem ridiculous, but the reason I’m pointing them out is that thy have been don’t but many people. So read on and either have a laugh, or learn from them:

1. If you’re going to propose a joint venture to someone you don’t know, have never met personally or someone you only said ‘hi’ to once, then ATLEAST introduce yourself first. It’s doesn’t make a good impression if you want to do business with someone and you go to 3rd base first.
2. If you’re sending the proposal to many people, don’t make all the emails public, you can try to pretend that the email was exclusive or send them out separately. Make the letter a little personalized for the person.
3. Don’t pressure people. This should not be a rush one time only sale. If you make it sound that way, then it’ll look like a scam from a mile away. Good luck!

Here's to your Success!

Rivers
MeetRivers.com

PS...Award Winning Global Entrepreneur, Rivers Corbett offers entrepreneurs an insight into what prevents most entrepreneurs from experiencing success. Rivers series 13 Fears of an Entrepreneur is must knowledge for any entrepreneur wanting to succeed at any level in business. Click on DiscoverTheKnowledge.com for more information and also receive his FREE gift of what started him on his global entrepreneurial journey.

Mustang
04-06-2009, 02:29 PM
It's good advice, thank you for taking the time to write this article.

Marlene Kristensen
03-10-2010, 10:44 AM
I just wanted to thank you for this usefull post!

It made me think about my own JV partnerships!

Thank you!

Owen
08-26-2010, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the post. Your points are very helpful.

They will definitely benefit me.

Cheers,
Owen

Victor.C. Richefeller
11-13-2010, 02:02 AM
Thanks for your insightful post,

I do appreciate your post. It will assist me a great deal.

Dan Lew
12-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Great tips there, good karma for sharing such great stuff!

Bill Zimmerman
02-10-2011, 12:24 PM
Good tips - one thing that I always see that really annoys me is proposals that sound like a sales letter. With alot of CAPITALS and lots of exclamation points!

Just make the proposal and explain the benefits. If you try too hard trying to "sell" the idea, it's not going to go over well.

earnme97
03-03-2011, 08:36 AM
Thanks man

I am currently involved in a JV partnership....

Thanks again
Sim

webily
04-02-2011, 05:34 AM
Thanks Rivers!
Very useful tips!

Josh Orekoya
04-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Great article. 

Thanks.