PDA

View Full Version : How to spot the real deal in Affiliate Networks.

Rivers Corbett
09-18-2008, 07:54 PM
When you have your website and business is going well, what is the next step to take? You could possible start an affiliate program. This may not be your 'thing', we're not superheros who can do just do anything now are we? The technical side of starting an affiliate network is also simply not for average Joe's. So the best step is to look for an affiliate network.

It may sound like all your problems have been solved, but sorry, not just yet. Choosing the right affiliate network is the key here. Don't just pick the first company you find on google, there are things to take into consideration. Firstly, find out how much different companies charge. It's not going to be a one time payment, you need to find out how much the start-up fee is, the monthly fee, maintenance fee, annual renewal fee, network percentage fee and etc.
Make sure that the affiliate networks tracking system is the latest available on the market. You and your affiliate should be able to receive the right reports at the right time.

You should be as safe from fraud as possible. No use hiring a body guard who can't put up a fight now is there?

Be careful of reputation. This is going to be representing you. Just because the name is all high in the sky doesn't mean the company has a clean record. And in connection to reputation we have the people who help us out when we are in need. Customer service needs to be on your side! Great affiliate companies should be able to help you and your affiliate at anytime to the best of their ability.
When all that is done and you make your pick, make sure you follow the right steps and your affiliate network helps you along those steps to get the exposure you need. With all that in place, your affiliate program should be well on its way to success.

Here's to your success
Rivers Corbett
Founder - MyRewardsBiz.com

Quincy Beeker
09-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Hi Rivers,

Nice article, however, I do have some questions left:
1. Isn't an affiliate network more expensive than just installing an affiliate script?
2. Which scripts would you recommend, and which networks would you recommend?

Cheers,
Quincy

Rivers Corbett
10-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Quncy...sorry for being so late responding. Unfortunately I am dealing with family medical issues and my attention on detail might not be the best.

Yes..you are right...an affiliate network is more expensive but ultimately depends on the extent of your affiliate program...the more "control" you have the more "flexibility you have...and in business you need to be flexible. Now that being said..i do also understand the need to be cost responsible and so the the key is where you are in the development and success of you business. If you can afford the network...go that route!

There are various scripts and networks as you know and my suggestion..just like marketing...is to find those that best match/service your specific markets and go with them. I much rather enjoy working with knowledgeable people than working with novices that I need to educate. We are all too busy for that.

Here's to your success!
Rivers
www.JVBusinessSchool.com