PDA

View Full Version : Pareto's 80:20 Rule - A Life Changing Strategy

IAmThatIam
08-27-2008, 05:53 AM
Most people are not very strategic at all, in fact they are very tactical

And then they wonder why there results are not quite there! When they have failed to look at strategy or even take grasp of what strategic outcome they are looking to create. 20% creates 80% results in any activity or effort. Instead of waffling on for a bit, lets get to the meat of this strategy! Here are some questions to get your leverage muscles of your brain fired up. The following answers may be helpful and were written for a dating product

What questions will generate the greatest profits with the minimum effort for ?
-Where are the areas of greatest leverage in marketing, innovation, product, publicity, back-end profits, joint-ventures, strategy and leverage of efforts?
-What is the highest strategic focus on viewpoint?
-Is it making singles recognizable, or is it something bigger in dating, such as making dating fun and easy?
-What joint-ventures would be most profitable and rewarding for clients?
-Could we joint-venture with MySpace, face book or messenger type networks with dating?

What questions will create answers that will create the end vision goal with the minimum effort and maximum enjoyment?
-Is the end vision to have a globally recognized and used product?
-Is it to make dating simpler and more fun?
-Is it to make dating fun, exciting and simple?

What are the areas of greatest leverage in Marketing?
-What are the most profitable and beneficial-for-client back-end products?
- Dating information products or courses? An online dating service joint-venture? Fun and new dating events or concept ideas such as beach party, river cruise, karaoke singles night etc? Pheromone sprays?
What are the areas of greatest leverage in Innovation?
-what innovative ideas meet the main benefit for our clients in the best ways?
-could it be electronic jewelry that buzzes when near another, especially with compatibility, star signs etc?
-could it be like a tamagotchi idea that becomes a major trend?
-could we make dating fun and exciting in new ways through website, jewelry innovation or joint-ventures with similar providers etc?

What is the key benefit for my clients?
-Is it making dating fun and easy?
-Is it making finding singles fun and easy?
What are the areas of greatest leverage in Product?
-Can I cut costs and yet retain or increase value?
-Where are the 20% that can cut costs and retain value by 80%
What are the areas of greatest leverage in Back-end?
-Could we have a course or info product that transforms dating results, personal look, magnetism or communication, tailored for guys and girls? What about dating events, dating websites, unique and funky clothing designs, perfumes, social networking website joint-ventures or ideas etc.
What are the areas of greatest leverage in Joint-ventures?
-who has access to the greatest amount of your perfect clients?
: Jewellry chains? Department stores? Dating sites?
-What is the easiest way to create these high profit JV’s?
: Could we outsource of power closers in a sales team to setup these deals, as well as leveraging business relationships
NEER ( Never Ending Economic Relationships, AKA leveraging your network! )
-Can your suppliers, business clients, end clients, business relationships help you with joint-ventures? How could you make it very attractive for people?
What are the areas of greatest leverage in Strategy?
-Is it innovation combined with my end vision?
-Is it identifying my end vision and creating the path of least resistance?
What are the areas of greatest leverage in Leverage of efforts?
-How can you outsource your low value activities?
e.g. Full time virtual assistant in China from $950 a mth?
-How can we multiply highest value activites?!

-Isn’t it true highest value comes from a) Marketing and b) Innovation!

-Where are the areas of greatest Marketing leverage with ?!
-Using existing business relationships to make joint-ventures fun and easy
-Creating a super-valuable and profitable back-end for clients
-Serving the clients highest needs when it comes to dating
-Creating an outsourcing team to work on low value activities such as tactical selling efforts, and focusing outsourcers on highest value activities such as deal-making and search engine optimization, publicity releases etc
-Creating a fun and controversial publicity campaign with heaps of stunts, viral mass appeal and leveraging existing networks. E.g. If crazy frog can do it so can you!

-What are the ideas of greatest innovation with ?!
-How can I revolutionize my marketing program?
-What ideas could create massive value and innovation into the slightly dull and tired dating industry? How can I add this value to my clients and serve them better?

What are the areas of greatest leverage in Publicity?
-Could we create PR stunts, e.g. the challenge or test run
-Getting celebrities or high profile figures to wear them
-What is the 20% that gives the symbol 80% coolness?

What is your most exciting end vision with the idea?
-Is it to make dating fun and exciting and simple?

What is the 10% that creates 90% of the excitement and passion with your business and product?
-Is it based around using leveraged and very effective ideas/campaigns that create great results?
-How can you multiply those great ideas and campaigns and make them easy, effortless and automated? Could you outsource, could you automate PR, could you automate search engine or online marketing?

How could you make the 10% of that excitement and passion generate the greatest opportunities and profits?

What is the 10% activity that has generated 90% of the profits?
-Could you create an outsource team that puts those ideas into action leaving you to do the fun/profitable stuff!?

What is the 80% activity that has generated 20% of the profits?
-Is it PR, is it relationships I have? Is it online marketing?

How can I skyrocket the results of that 20% activity?
-Can I create a question checklist like this one, to flush out all the madly profitable ideas?

What is the lifetime value of an average client? ( Avg spend x frequency of purchase )
-What can I spend per client to receive my X lifetime value return on investment

What are the 20% improvements I can add to my existing advertisements and marketing?
-Can I focus on benefits more, hone my USP benefit statement more? Revolutionize my joint-venture program?

How can I revolutionize and transform my sales letters into wildly effective, convert-like-crazy weapons of language?
-Can I reverse the risk based on average lifetime value?
-Can I creative massive benefits that overwhelm any objection?

How do I find the 10% of copywriters that create 90% of the results?

-Where are the best online?
-How do I find them? Are they not well known or at least easy to find?

What are the simplest, most effective series of next steps right now to take?
-Identify vision statement, including points of highest passion and excitement, value end goal to clients, and strategic ‘map’ of where I want to go
-Identify the most effective, simple to apply strategies to get there. Path of least resistance!
-Identify how to make it as fun and easy as possible!
-Call or email Peter Greg to have a ‘Masterminding’ and strategy session

Sincerely

Peter Greg

Notice: the following information is strictly private and confidential, containing copyright, valuable intellectual property, not for distribution or public use, without prejudicing, and with reservation of all rights, powers and privileges. Distribution without the permission of Peter Greg or his friends or associates is strictly forbidden.

imported_Kim Roach
09-20-2008, 07:46 PM
Excellent post.

I use the Pareto Principle in my business on a weekly basis.
Once a week, I analyze which activities are creating the
best results and then I focus more of my attention on
those, realigning my action list accordingly.