+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So many products...so few JVs! What's the best lead time?

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

So many products...so few JVs! What's the best lead time?

Hey all -

David Perdew here. I signed up for this forum 2 1/2 years ago and then did something else. I'm back and I'm serious about JVs just like you

So, I've got a question - maybe a couple:

I've got about 20 different original products in various stages of completion - all are at least 75% complete. Some are big, high-priced projects, some are small, low-cost projects - ebooks, software tools, membership sites, non-IM products too.

Every 2 weeks for the next year, I could launch a product...

I've never systematically done the Product Launch Formula route (don't own it) on any product. Too often, I finish something, send a note to my list and get a few friends send a note to their list and then we're done.

1) How important is a "Launch" versus a product release - kind of a drip effect on the market?

2) What's your favorite personal rule for successful JV product launches?

3) When do you start your marketing / JV process - what lead time do you plan?

4) Where do you find your best JV partners? Here? Live events? Elsewhere?

Thanks for your time and thoughtfulness on this...

David
    Get your free membership to the Niche Widget

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Re: So many products...so few JVs! What's the best lead time?

Hi David,

are your products all IM related? If so then here are some suggestions I think are worth considering.

If you have any good products you might consider giving away for free or maybe a limited time access. This would be great for a JV partner in the IM niche. This would get your name out there and help brand yourself and might go towards building your own list.

You could release a couple of the products as WSO's (warrior special offers, in the Warrior Forum). That would go towards building you list and getting your name out there. Give a great product at a great price.

As more people get familiar with you and your list grows you will be in a much better position to launch some bigger products you may come with, e.g. membership site.

Now for my thoughts on the actual questions you asked

1 - sometimes it's best just to get your product out there and see how it does, especially if it's taking a long time to develop. Just get it finished, even if it's not perfect, just get it out there. Product launches are obviously very important e.g. Google Nemesis, Butterfly Marketing, Product Launch Formula etc. But those big launches usually have a couple of things in common like branding and existing lists. Because these guys already have great products behind them and have created their brand then they are in a much better position to create a buzz for big product launches.

2- I've not done a JV product launch yet but I would have to say Overdelivering and Proof of what my product does.

3- I don't have a list so for me I would prefer at least 3 weeks so I can start to get myself at the top of the search engine results and stay there.

4 - Outside of this forum, I would say event seminars. All of the big names have great relationships with the people they do JV's with and a lot of the time they have met at a seminar.

These are just some of my thoughts, some more experienced marketers will have more to add (or take away) from what I said but I hope I helped.

Dave

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Hi David

1) How important is a "Launch"?

Simple if you don't have the buzz and people can't get into your site then you don't have launch you just have a open affiliate program.

Look the movies that are comming out next month or any month they start dropping hints and tease you for months before you ever get the chance to see it. It is that important

2) What's your favorite personal rule for successful JV product launches?

Super simple have relationships with people

3) When do you start your marketing / JV process - what lead time do you plan?

As much time as you can, they all have there own projects to do so you have to understant that.

4) just go back to number 2

Thanks
    Charles
    Looking For An Affiliate Program That Really Converts...<br /><br />http://onlineaffiliatecoaching.com/affiliate.htm

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Great tips Charles and David -

Appreciate the thoughtfulness... I'll let you know how it goes

d
    Get your free membership to the Niche Widget

+ Reply to Thread