+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The 'Knock On Effect' - Giving Your Products' Legs - Part 2

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

The 'Knock On Effect' - Giving Your Products' Legs - Part 2

Back in the early 90s, I co-owned a small independant record label. At the time We only had a limited $30,000 budget to work with and we were forced to come up with ideas and strategies that would enable us to expose our Roster of new artists to the masses.

With such a limited amount of funds, masses to us meant within the Southwest Region of
    the Country (I live in Texas).

What I learned from that experience actually plays a large role in how I operate my
    Internet Company today.

Launching a new record is very similiar to how we launch a new product online.

Just like launching a new product online... Launching a successful record hinges alot
    on your ability to build PreRelease buzz.

When done correctly....Buzz is ultimately the catalyst that will generate enough anticipation & excitement so that when the record drops, theres enough buying activity to jumpstart sales momentum which can potentially create a 'Knock on Effect'. A situation where one thing can have an indirect impact on another thing.

In the Record biz
    -----------------

-Buzz Builds
    -Record Drops (releases)
    -Sales occur
    -People Spread the Word
    -Sales Momentum Increases

THE KNOCK ON EFFECT
    -------------------
    -Radio Pays Attention
    -Bigger Record labels Pay Attention
    -Small label strikes a deal
    -Sales Momentum Increases dramatically (as a result of greater Distribution)

yada yada yada....

And although online Product Launches are somewhat similiar, many of us stop short of experiencing our own 'Knock on Effect'.

Online Product Launch
    ----------------------

-Build Buzz (via Email List, Webinars, JVs etc....)
    -Product Launches
    -Sales Occur
    -More Affiliates Come on Board (People Spread the Word)
    -Sales Momentum Increases

But then something happens.....the flame starts to flicker out as the Launch Rocket begins to descend back towards earth.

Giving Your Products' (plural) Legs has to do with what happens AFTER your Launch(es).

UNlike launching a successful record and experiencing the Knock on Effect of having the potential of Radio & a Larger label propel your momentum even further... most of us in the IM world have to CREATE our own 'Knock on Effect'.

So how do we accomplish this?

Well, one easy yet powerful way is by creating a 'Product Hub' Site.

See....The beauty of launching a product on the web is that we have the ability to really tap into the power of leverage & distribution.

But to LIMIT those two powerful elements to only one product is akin to being wasteful. Just like limiting the the distribution power of a larger record label to only ONE artist is wasteful.

By creating Product Hubs Sites which house/store our various products and then leveraging distribution through Affiliates (in particular)... we're in essence enabling the perfect environment for a 'Knock on Effect' to occur.

Heres what it looks like from where I left off above after 'Sales Momentum Increases'
    -------------------------------------------

4. More Affiliates come on Board
    4a. Obviously, you Should also be approaching your BUYERS to become affiliates as well

5. You Introduce your Affiliate Base to your Product Line using a Product Hub Site.

Knock on Effect
    ---------------
    3. Increased Distribution across your Product line
    4. More Sales occur ACROSS your product line
    5. Leverage Increases DRAMATICALLY as MORE new affiliates Join and
    continue to propel sales which in turn has somewhat of a viral effect
    as well.

So just like in the music business where a record label tends to have a ROSTER of
    artists...we as product creators have a roster of products that we schedule for release
    throughout the year.

Its then important to establish somewhat of a catalog (Product hub) of our various products.

Then its simply a matter of introducing Affiliates to our Product Hub and letting the
    power of leverage and distribution go from there.

Its this easy....

-Create a simple Hub Site containing your Product Line
    -Product Graphics/Short Descriptions
    -Of course add a Optin Form
    -Slap a big 'Affiliates Wanted, Earn Money' (be creative) button smack dab on the page.
    -Promote the Hub by simply emailing your customers, buying solos, Wf Affiliates dbase,
    buy Blog reviews on sites like JohnChow.com etc....

-Affiliates join
    -Promote the hub
    -Sales Occur (across your product line)
    -Visitors See the big 'Affiliates Wanted' Button
    -More affiliates Join
    -MORE Sales Occur (across your product line)
    -MORE Visitors See the big 'Affiliates Wanted' Button
    -EVEN More affiliates Join
    -MORE Sales Occur (across your product line)

Okay you get the idea.

Bottom line. If you're not maximizing the true power of Leverage & Distribution to 'Give Your Products' Legs. You're missing out BIG TIME.

Thanks for Reading

Later Gators

Shon Chris

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Interesting information mate. Thanks for taking the time to explain the scenario.
    Cheers!

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    I'm starting to get it now. Just like you let your buyer list know about new products to buy as they are released, you inform your affiliate list of new products for them to PROMOTE.

Shon, I presume with the Product Hub you update it so a new product shows up, even if it didn't exist when an older product was released?

Cheers & keep up the great work,

Felix
    SuperFlex 101 is live and helping users feel suppler, younger and healthier worldwide.
    Start spreading the knowledge at
    http://superflex101.com/affiliates

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Thanks for sharing this real world example of how to launch and sustain a product online. I look forward to your additional insight.

+ Reply to Thread