Here are 5 quick Product Launch success tips that I've found valuable over the years.

1) Make sure you have all 'your ducks in a row' before inviting new JV/Affiliates into the mix.

You'd be surprised at how many Merchants I've worked with over the years that go into a product launch preparing things on the fly, down to the very day of launch, and it almost always spells disaster.

Why rely on luck? Make sure the marketing platform and product are complete, 100% tested and converting before bringing on the first partner. Think of it as making sure your house is clean and in order before inviting company over, rather than it being a mess. As they say, you only get one chance to make a good first impression.

2) Start reaching out to potential JV/Affiliate Partners a good 4 to 6 weeks prior to launch.

Do you have any idea how many of my clients come to me with an interest in bringing on new partners for a launch with only a few days lead time before the actual pre-launch/launch day?

Far too many ... and it simply makes no sense. :P

I've found through experience that 4 to 6 weeks between initial reaching out to potential JV/Affiliate Partners and launch day proves to be the maximum optimal window for attracting new JV/Affiliate Partners.

Any less than that, and you're likely not going to be able to attract the 'better' potential Partners, as they need that much time to book mailing spots, and you need that kind of time to qualify and connect with those that register to create a rapport and better the likelihood of interest and commitment to follow through.

3) Qualify new potential JV/Affiliate Partners as they get on board your affiliate program.

Many Merchants rely on an automated JV/Affiliate 'welcome' message and timed JV detail broadcasts to do all the qualifying for them ... and I honestly think they're leaving potential relationships and money on the table, big time.

It may sound like an arduous task, but I honestly feel you should have your AM/JVM/PLM or even a qualified VA contacting each new registrant one at a time. This not only allows you to find out the experience and likely promotional capability, based on proven past performance, of each JV registrant so that you can decide how much time to devote to additional one on one communication ... it helps facilitate the relationship building process and better the likelihood of commitment to follow through when it comes time to hit the 'send' button.

4) Make sure that you and your 'core inner circle' of JV/Affiliate Partners are on the same page going into launch.

Before I continue, I want to make it clear that you should ideally be 'on the same page' with all potential JV/Affiliate Partners going into launch ... all launch details should have been communicated and made clear going into the pre-launch +/or launch day phase.

But I feel it's most important to assure that you've connected and locked in support from what I call the 'core inner circle' Partners, those proven Partners that you have an established relationship with who have supported you heavily in the past, and will likely be the 10% of JV/Affiliate Partners that will convert 90% of the referred sales. This includes newly established relationships with experienced Partners that are promoting you for the first time, but past performance tells you they will likely have an impact.

Don't simply assume that you have their support ... do your best to assure it. Don't leave anything to chance that's within your control.

5) Once pre-launch/launch commences, keep your JV/Affiliate Partners engaged, informed and motivated, at consistently timed intervals.

Once you have all bases covered and you're ready to enter the pre-launch/launch phase, I feel it is of the utmost importance to maintain the interest and focus of your JV/Affiliate Partners from the 'on your marks' JV update, setting the table for the 'get set' and 'Go!' follow ups that signal the beginning of the pre-launch/launch phase, to the last day of launch scarcity message and post launch Thank You final message of the series.

Although you may feel that the JV/Affiliate Partners on board in the beginning will all stick with you till the end, I wouldn't bet my house on it. There are a lot of launches going on out there, and unless your promo is kicking major butt every day, you're going to have keep your Partners updated with current promo phase news, positive numbers (high sales, EPC, front end + upsell conversion %, low refunds, etc.), social proof (individual sales, EPCs, conversion %, testimonials, etc.), promo tools at hands reach (affiliate log in, affiliate links, ad copy swipes, etc.), incentives (leads/sales contest, tiered +/or daily prizes, etc) and finish each mailing with a teaser of what's coming in the next update to hold their interest and provide the motivation to continue promoting.

I prefer that the notifications go out at around the same time each day, as well ... we're creatures of habit, so I advise going with that. Like a favorite TV show, make them look forward to seeing that message each day ... same time & channel.

Once again, I do not expect the JV broadcast to be the only communication you have with your JV/Affiliate Partners ... keep an eye on the individual stats. If you notice a proven Partner has registered little or no action, contact them with concern and ask them if there is a problem, or if there is anything you can do to make the promo work for them. If someone is kicking butt for you, let them know that it's noticed and you're thankful ... and consider additional reward.

OK ... That's all I have time for today. Once again, feel free to opine ... it's encouraged.

Cheers,

Mike Sr