+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best hosting for a large product launch?

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Best hosting for a large product launch?

Just curious to know what you guys use for the big product launches as far as hosting accounts??

I certainly don't want to have my 'server crash' because I got too much traffic. I want to be prepared and would certainly appreciate feedback on this.

As of right now I'm looking at these, urljet.com/wordpress-hosting probably the $50 option.

But thing is, most accounts like this that aren't dedicated or semi-dedicated options have a limit of 150-250 concurrent users at any time. So I'm trying to get some feedback on what you guys think.

The big shots out there, who have leaderboards full of big names, what would be the standard hosting account being used?
    Last edited by Adam Roy; 10-01-2012 at 04:08 PM.
    COUPON MAGE is Launching! Get on board. Launch Date: November 13, 2012

CLICK HERE to get on board - JV Invite Page

Internet marketing product reviews. - wordpress deployment software

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Hi Adam - check out Amazon S3 - http://aws.amazon.com/

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Thus far I've been ok with just hostgator; but I haven't launched a server crashing product... at least not yet

One of biggest marketers on the WF recommends "cloud hosting" though I forget the actual name of the hosting service. Might be worth looking into cloud hosting in general just to see what it can do for you.

By the way, S3 is great; just not sure it falls under a "host" per say; as from what I understand - S3 is pretty much a barebones storage space.

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Hey Guys,

I have used GVO for years even when they were Kiosk in Canada, It was touch and go when they moved their datacenter to Texas but after a short time I had no problems with my dedicated server. The last 3 weeks I did have some short down times because they were having UPS problem.

I've had a couple big launches with no down time. So I would recommend GVO.

Best regards,
    Steve Yakim

+ Reply to Thread