+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Image & PDF Editing Tools

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Lightbulb Image & PDF Editing Tools

Hey Everybody, There are a couple web based applications that I use from time to time and have been recommending to my customers so I thought I'd share them here for people who don't want to spend the big bucks on programs like Photoshop or Acrobat.

Image Editing: pixlr.com/
    Pixlr allows you to do some really nice photo editing for free online. It even opens Photoshop PSD files which is a huge plus.

PDF Editing: pdfescape.com/
    PDF Escape allows you some basic PDF editing options to change text and add images and fields.

Hope you all can get some use out of these.

Jason.

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Hey thanks for the share. Both look very handy indeed.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Another free bit-mapped image editor (similar to 'Adobe Photoshop') is 'GIMP'. Then there is the $100 'Adobe Photoshop Elements', which does most of what the full program does (everything most people ever need).

Also, some people don't know that Adobe allows a free, full power download and 30 day trial of all their products. Someone who already knows 'Adobe Photoshop' could probably earn enough with it in a month to pay for it.

I can do most all the PDF work I need in MS-Word 2010. Word's PDF convertor is quite good. If you really need 'Adobe Acrobat' from time to time, Adobe now has a subscription service for using it inexpensively "in the cloud".

Cheers!
    _jim coe (my first post here, other than the intro one)

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    If you're on a Mac and don't need the power (or price tag) of Adobe Photoshop you can take a look at Pixelmator and Sea Monkey.

I've been using Pixelmator for a while now and it seems to handle my basic needs quite well.

I recently used it to create a sales page for an upcoming WSO and I was especially pleased to discover the magic eraser tool which allows you to remove the background of stock images so they blend seamlessly into any website - can you tell I'm a graphic newbie?

For Windows users I've been hearing a lot of good things about Paint.net and Joy Boyer just released a whole training package called "Paint Made Easy" showing you in depth how to get the most out of it
    Former Billboard Topping Reggae Singer Featured In "It Wasn't Me" Cracks The IM Code...

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    These are good editing tools, thanx for sharing this information.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Post Libre Office

It can be awkward and heavy handed, but you can also edit PDF files directly by using Libre Office, which is free.

You can only do one line at a time, but it may come in handy in an emergency.

In between times, it's quite a decent office suite in its own right.

Regards,

Steven Lucas

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    More Free Image editing tools

irfanview.com
    photoedit995.com
    gimp.org
    freeserifsoftware.com

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Thanks to sharing useful link. I normally use sejda.com/pdf-editor link so far.

+ Reply to Thread