I was recently having a conversation with my 10 year old daughter, and she was telling me that she was bored. I proceeded to tell her to go outside and play, and she looked at me like I had horns!

She then went onto tell me that there was nothing to do outside....Now I am only 35 years old, and like to believe that I am still relatively young, but when I was a kid we all lived outside, I mean my parents literally had to drag us inside, and playing inside was a sin. Which brings me to the title of this thread.

Even though my daughter is fairly active in sports it seems that she and her friends all rely on technology to keep them occupied, and without it the world would simply end. She asked me for a cell phone, and I told her no and also told her we didn't have cell phones when I was a kid (again the horns look) and she didn't need one. I mean I try do appreciate a lot of the benefits of technology, and what it has allowed people to do with business and so on, but have we peaked as far as what we can expect from technology in the next 5-10 years....

If not what is next on the horizon?

Jamie Kochan