+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brand Yourself As An Expert To Get JV Promoting Your Product

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up

Thumbs up How To Brand Yourself As An Expert

One of the best way to quickly get JVs promoting your product and believing in it is to according a popular saying "do what you do so well, that when others see you do it, they want to see you do it again, and will bring others to see you do it".

That quote comes from Walt Disney. It was the strategy he used for marketing Disneyland, and he said it could apply to any business, regardless of what that business sold or offered.

Broken down to its individual components, it means this:

“Do what you do….” That’s what you do… not what anyone else does. It’s important that you do the things you (or your business) does the best. While it’s okay to emulate other successful businesses and copy some of the traits that made them successful, you should adopt those traits, add your own personality and adapt them to your business.

Do what you do… “so well….” That means excellence…not mediocrity. If you’re going to do something in business, do it with excellence. No longer is it possible to maintain…long-term, a competitive advantage because of your product or the price you charge. We live in a “me-too” world, where your customers can buy the same or very similar products to what you offer from any number of other suppliers for the same or less money. You must do what you do very well.

“…when others see you do it….” “Others” means your customers…the people who buy your products and/or services. When they see you do what you do (or buy what you sell, or deal with your company)… they,

“…want to see you do it again….” We call that, “repeat business.” Your offer was so good, or the way you dealt with your customers was so unique, that they want to come back for more… to see you do it again. Not only that, but they will…

“…bring others to see you do it.” That’s called “referral business.” When your customers like what you do and bring others to experience it, that business costs you nothing in hard marketing costs. It’s a result of word-of-mouth. It’s a personal endorsement of your products or services from a satisfied user. That’s the sincerest form of flattery, and the best form of advertising you can get.

You’re not trying to “meet” your customer’s expectations… you want to “exceed” them… to give them more than what they expected. Similar products and services can all be expected to perform in similar fashion. But when it comes to the attention, care and service we receive, we all have our perceptions of what “good” means.

Keep in your mind a balance scale. On one side of the scale mentally put the dollar amount you charge for your products and services.

On the other side of the scale, your service. Make sure that the “service” of the scale always outweighs the “price” side. Be sure you always give more service than the customer perceives they should be getting from their transaction with you.

Here are a few questions to ask yourself that will help you determine how well you’re doing:

• Do I offer the best quality product or service I possibly can?
    • What can I do to improve it?
    • What is the best benefit to my customers that each of my products or services have to offer?
    • How can I better convey that to my customers?
    • What can I offer my customer above and beyond the product or service they purchased?
    • Do my customers trust the advice and suggestions they get from my staff, and do they feel comfortable dealing with us?
    • Why should they do business with my establishment instead of any and all options they have, including doing nothing?
    • Would I purchase this product or service if I were in the market for it?
    • Would I purchase it from my company if I didn’t own, or work for the company?
    • Would I feel comfortable referring my friends, relatives and associates to this company?

The answers to these questions can help you determine where you need to make changes that will benefit both you and your customers, and add substantially to your bottom line.

Jeffrey Benson is the owner of Ads Placement Locator, a 3-in-1 revolutionary software which helps locate high adsense traffic sites, ezines for solo ads and other high yielding traffic sources.
    Get my highly rated course on placement targeting for free. Visit: http://www.adplacementlocator.com
    Last edited by Jeffrey Benson; 06-11-2011 at 06:33 AM.

VIP JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Jeffrey ,Thanks for the great list of questions that we can ask ourselves. It is a list that we can use to get ourselves in check. We have to benefit our customers or we will not be able to benefit.

Basic JVNP2 Partner
    My Thumbs Up
    Thank you for this post. I plan on letting people see what I do well through newsletters, blog posts, video and eventually seminars/workshops. Are there any other mediums that you can suggest?

+ Reply to Thread